Pregnenolone Powders

OP
RobertJM

RobertJM

It’s been said on the forum a few times that there isn’t anything as potent as coconut oil (or sugar) for raising cholesterol levels. And that would then follow on for conversions into the pregnenolone (thyroid depending). Saturated fats are good at raising cholesterol, and coconut oil is especially good at it (apparently).

Whether that actually is true or not, I wouldn’t know. Personally I notice nothing from coconut oil. It’s supposed to do all this cool and interesting stuff but it’s real world effects are a total anti-climax for me.

yoshiesque

I would like to ask why some of you feel that our Pregnenolone is subpar. I'm always open to negative and positive feedback. We buy from the top manufacturer in the world and have been for years. We also do regular quality control to ensure top quality product.

As for reviews, we do not edit them, but we do screen them for vulgarity. In some cases this can result in identical dates. Our sales have grown quickly this years and we do send out emails asking for reviews about 30 days after shipment. If you have used our product and have an account feel free to leave a review on our site.

My issue with ur pregnenolone (In a respectful way of course) is that ur source is from China. I know of chemist's that sell compounded pregnenolone and it's source is from USA, a much reliable source. Only issue is its expensive. But I don't trust ur China source. Their tests for heavy metals etc could all be fake

Lolinaa

I would like to ask why some of you feel that our Pregnenolone is subpar. I'm always open to negative and positive feedback. We buy from the top manufacturer in the world and have been for years. We also do regular quality control to ensure top quality product.

As for reviews, we do not edit them, but we do screen them for vulgarity. In some cases this can result in identical dates. Our sales have grown quickly this years and we do send out emails asking for reviews about 30 days after shipment. If you have used our product and have an account feel free to leave a review on our site.

I do order from you and I am satisfied with the other products but unfortunately I got anxiety from the pregnenolone I ordered last time and I didn’t have that reaction with pureencapsulation's one.

OP
RobertJM

RobertJM

I do order from you and I am satisfied with the other products but unfortunately I got anxiety from the pregnenolone I ordered last time and I didn’t have that reaction with pureencapsulation's one.

Isn’t preg a GABA-A antagonist? I’ve heard of it giving people anxiety sometimes, and not neccearily benefitting in this area. Whereas conversely, progesterone is a potent GABA agonist. Doesn’t sound like an unusual reaction or a point against Health Natura. Not knocking your experience. Just reciting what I can remember about preg.

Anders86

Isn’t preg a GABA-A antagonist? I’ve heard of it giving people anxiety sometimes, and not neccearily benefitting in this area. Whereas conversely, progesterone is a potent GABA agonist. Doesn’t sound like an unusual reaction or a point against Health Natura. Not knocking your experience. Just reciting what I can remember about preg.

Pregnenolone increases GABA, an agonist. So it should be anti anxiety.

Lolinaa

Do you have any study to confirm your point? As I said I didn't get the same reaction from pure encapsulations'.

OP
RobertJM

RobertJM

Do you have any study to confirm your point? As I said I didn't get the same reaction from pure encapsulations'.

Please excuse me as I am doing all of this from my phone!

Not sure how you search for things, but google is really good. I’ve just googled ‘pregnenelone GABA-A’ and it’s come up with pages and pages of information. Including studies. But as per my last post, I started it with ‘isn’t it’, because I wasn’t sure. I wasn’t ‘making a point’. I was inviting conversation by saying ‘isn’t it’. Just to clarify that with you.

Your experience with ‘pure encapsulations’ may not relate in any way to a debate over whether it is a GABA-A agonist or antagonist. Your brain chemistry is extremely complex. If you are having a positive reaction to product ‘A’, it could literally be down to absolutely anything (other than GABA).

I didn’t say with 100% certainty that it was an antagonist at GABA-A, but there is a lot of literature from that google search which states it is an antagonist (albeit correctly or incorrectly).

And anyhow, even if it were an antagonist, why is that such a bad thing? I’ve read literature online that a heavy GABA dominant state can actually lead to depressive states (accompanied in some individuals with anxiety). How? By antagonising other neurotransmitters or disabling balance of NTs within the brain. We can’t just assume that more GABA equals a better situation for someone in anxiety prone states (or just better generally).

This is what I found from a google search:

Pregnenolone sulfate block of GABAA receptors: mechanism and involvement of a residue in the M2 region of the α subunit

But then I found these below which paints preg as being a modulator of GABA-A. Decreasing it and increasing it where necessary. And that makes sense because it is recommended for those with schizophrenia. You can increase and decrease neutransmitters in all kinds of brain areas, and a modulator is going to be therapeutic in that sense.

Pregnenolone Sulfate Modulates Inhibitory Synaptic Transmission by Enhancing GABAA Receptor Desensitization

Binding of pregnenolone sulfate to rat brain membranes suggests multiple sites of steroid action at the GABAA receptor. - PubMed - NCBI

So it’s probably an agonist and antagonistic.

But then what do I know! I’m not an expert.

Also, keep in mind that there are plenty of anecdotals of people getting insomnia from pregnenolone. If it was a full on GABA agonist, that would be a very confusing side effect. Whereas progesterone, a well known GABA agonist, in a high enough dose, will completely knock a person out (anaesthetize).

That’s all I have on it. Good that you are having a positive reaction though. Once you find something that works most definitely a good thing to stick with it.

Lolinaa

Not sure how you search for things, but google is really good. I’ve just googled ‘pregnenelone GABA-A’ and it’s come up with pages and pages of information. Including studies. But as per my last post, I started it with ‘isn’t it’, because I wasn’t sure. I wasn’t ‘making a point’. I was inviting conversation by saying ‘isn’t it’. Just to clarify that with you.

Your experience with ‘pure encapsulations’ may not relate in any way to a debate over whether it is a GABA-A agonist or antagonist. Your brain chemistry is extremely complex. If you are having a positive reaction to product ‘A’, it could literally be down to absolutely anything (other than GABA).

I didn’t say with 100% certainty that it was an antagonist at GABA-A, but there is a lot of literature from that google search which states it is an antagonist (albeit correctly or incorrectly).

And anyhow, even if it were an antagonist, why is that such a bad thing? I’ve read literature online that a heavy GABA dominant state can actually lead to depressive states (accompanied in some individuals with anxiety). How? By antagonising other neurotransmitters or disabling balance of NTs within the brain. We can’t just assume that more GABA equals a better situation for someone in anxiety prone states (or just better generally).

Pregnenolone sulfate block of GABAA receptors: mechanism and involvement of a residue in the M2 region of the α subunit

But then I found these below which paints preg as being a modulator of GABA-A. Decreasing it and increasing it where necessary. And that makes sense because it is recommended for those with schizophrenia. You can increase and decrease neutransmitters in all kinds of brain areas, and a modulator is going to be therapeutic in that sense.

Pregnenolone Sulfate Modulates Inhibitory Synaptic Transmission by Enhancing GABAA Receptor Desensitization

Binding of pregnenolone sulfate to rat brain membranes suggests multiple sites of steroid action at the GABAA receptor. - PubMed - NCBI

Also, keep in mind that there are plenty of anecdotals of people getting insomnia from pregnenolone. If it was a full on GABA agonist, that would be a very confusing side effect. Whereas progesterone, a well known GABA agonist, in a high enough dose, will completely knock a person out (anaesthetize).

That’s all I have on it. Good that you are having a positive reaction though. Once you find something that works most definitely a good thing to stick with it.

If you read my posts you are the one mentionning GABA not me. You come across as very defensive. The only thing I said is that it gave me anxiety compared to the other brand I tested. It's just my experience. I think the same happened to @DaveFoster as well.

Thank you for the research and those studies. I have decided to follow Peat's advice take 300mg per week. Then I will stop this week and try again next week. I have the 30 mg and 60 caps from pure encapsulations. I didn't order a lot as I was scared it would give me anxiety as well but it didn’t :).

Anders86

Yes you are right. A GABA modulator would be a more fitting word.

OP
RobertJM

RobertJM

If you read my posts you are the one mentionning GABA not me. You come across as very defensive. The only thing I said is that it gave me anxiety compared to the other brand I tested. It's just my experience. I think the same happened to @DaveFoster as well.

Thank you for the research and those studies. I have decided to follow Peat's advice take 300mg per week. Then I will stop this week and try again next week. I have the 30 mg and 60 caps from pure encapsulations. I didn't order a lot as I was scared it would give me anxiety as well but it didn’t :).

No problem. Like I say, I don’t really have any in depth knowledge either. So I’m just here learning as well. Good luck with your journey in health restoration.

Lolinaa

No problem. Like I say, I don’t really have any in depth knowledge either. So I’m just here learning as well. Good luck with your journey in health restoration.

Thank you, you too. We are very lucky to have Ray Peat and this forum.

healthnatura

Ok. Thanks.

I sent back a progesterone bottle, because it couldn’t be used, it was so thick. And you told me it was just a manufacturing (?lot) issue. You asked for the code on the bottle, and you very nicely replaced it for me, telling me it wouldn’t happen again. The same thing happened. I sent you a photo of them both being of the same lot. So therefore it was similar consistency. I have to go by my own experience.

I didn’t mean to offend, but that’s been my experience.
No offence taken. Our products are not for everyone and from time to time our fulfillment center fails to keep up with their last in first out inventory.

healthnatura

I am looking forward to trying your pregnenolone Peter. I’ve definitely been impressed by the activated charcoal, niacinamide, b-complex solution and UREA. They are all top products.

I think, for me, it’s just the frustration in how long my orders have previously taken. No issues with the quality of your products though.
We do work hard to have fast as possible turnaround times. From time to time items sell out. International ship times can vary widely depending on the service selected and customs inspections.

healthnatura

My issue with ur pregnenolone (In a respectful way of course) is that ur source is from China. I know of chemist's that sell compounded pregnenolone and it's source is from USA, a much reliable source. Only issue is its expensive. But I don't trust ur China source. Their tests for heavy metals etc could all be fake

We do extensive vetting of all our sources including site inspections as well as follow up quality control testing on all of our products. There is a US company that I am aware of, but at the time we were selecting a source it was of poor quality and was out of sight expensive. Prices are still very high and as of our last sight inspection, their sample review failed because we found it was diluted with the acetate version. We follow a policy of trust but verify. I hope that helps.

High purity pregnenolone with no fillers is not for everyone. It is reasonable that a pregnenolone product in a capsule with some fillers is more effective for some. Also, it is not unusual for a single round of supplementation to fulfill and correct an imbalance. In cases like this, you can experience a decline, or change, in response to the same product. While we strive for quality and consistency, the body can be very fluid. This is especially true if there is a healing response and the body is doing more of the work on its own.

Last edited:
@healthnatura I think you have good pregnenolone.
I like doing large dosages 300mg-600mg. Hard to find any capsule on the market that size. Also if there was a capsule/tablet that size it would probably have fillers in it.
I was using swansons 50mg preg a few years before I heard about you. Took me a while to switch over to health natura, but I finally did make the switch.

DaveFoster

I haven't tried pregnenolone in a long while, but, from taking DHEA combined with pregnenolone in a one-to-one ratio, I experienced severe anxiety very similar to the effects of excessive caffeine consumption.

Lolinaa

I haven't tried pregnenolone in a long while, but, from taking DHEA combined with pregnenolone in a one-to-one ratio, I experienced severe anxiety very similar to the effects of excessive caffeine consumption.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I have tried dhea under Dr Peat's advice and I combined it with progesterone. I only took 5 mg with 5 times the dose in progesterone. He said it can raised stress hormones aka estrogen which I didn’t want at all.

I hope you are feeling way better now. Me too I am in a better place now apart some acne mainly on my back.

So do you take less supplements now?

DaveFoster

Thank you for sharing your experience. I have tried dhea under Dr Peat's advice and I combined it with progesterone. I only took 5 mg with 5 times the dose in progesterone. He said it can raised stress hormones aka estrogen which I didn’t want at all.

I hope you are feeling way better now. Me too I am in a better place now apart some acne mainly on my back.

So do you take less supplements now?
Yeah, I've actually been tapering off of my medications. I'm trying to take fat-soluble vitamins, progesterone and thyroid as my only supplements. Maybe I'll occasionally take small amounts of B-vitamins. I've gotten a sense of direction in life, have been stabilizing at a healthier weight and building better relationships with my family. Thanks for asking.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals