Postpartum in general & meal ideas

palebluedot

Hi all,

I'm looking for any interviews or newsletters of Peat's that discuss the postpartum stage? I've listened to one KMUDD referencing PPD and another on Pregnancy and Toxemia, but I can't find much else. Any other book/podcasts/tips that may have helped you through the 4th trimester (I'm just into the 3rd right now) are much appreciated.

All I ever hear is how completely obliterating postpartum is. People look at you as through you're off to war. Beyond the usual pregnancy anxieties, I honestly feel a bit hopeless about going through postpartum unscathed by birth trauma, untold stress, isolation, depression and anxiety, not to mention hair loss. Are these avoidable with the right nutrition and support? Could a difficult postpartum be another side-effect of learned helplessness? I want to empower myself with as much knowledge and preparation as possible. It seems so evolutionarily assbjckwards for a mother to lose her mind just when her infant needs her the most. It seems like one of the most tragic mars on this society, a blight to humankind.

That said, any prep-and-freeze meal ideas would be much appreciated! Hoping to fill my deep freezer with delicious, nutrient dense, gelatinous, milk sustaining goodness!

side note: this is my first baby, I've had a great pregnancy up to this point. Hoping all the nutritional and mental work I've done since discovering this wealth of knowledge (if you will) will pay off in a healthy birth, baby, and postpartum - at the same time understanding that much of this season of life is about how gracefully you can ride the waves and weather the storms.

Thanks a bunch for any ideas!

coffeelover

Hi all,

I'm looking for any interviews or newsletters of Peat's that discuss the postpartum stage? I've listened to one KMUDD referencing PPD and another on Pregnancy and Toxemia, but I can't find much else. Any other book/podcasts/tips that may have helped you through the 4th trimester (I'm just into the 3rd right now) are much appreciated.

All I ever hear is how completely obliterating postpartum is. People look at you as through you're off to war. Beyond the usual pregnancy anxieties, I honestly feel a bit hopeless about going through postpartum unscathed by birth trauma, untold stress, isolation, depression and anxiety, not to mention hair loss. Are these avoidable with the right nutrition and support? Could a difficult postpartum be another side-effect of learned helplessness? I want to empower myself with as much knowledge and preparation as possible. It seems so evolutionarily assbjckwards for a mother to lose her mind just when her infant needs her the most. It seems like one of the most tragic mars on this society, a blight to humankind.

That said, any prep-and-freeze meal ideas would be much appreciated! Hoping to fill my deep freezer with delicious, nutrient dense, gelatinous, milk sustaining goodness!

side note: this is my first baby, I've had a great pregnancy up to this point. Hoping all the nutritional and mental work I've done since discovering this wealth of knowledge (if you will) will pay off in a healthy birth, baby, and postpartum - at the same time understanding that much of this season of life is about how gracefully you can ride the waves and weather the storms.

Thanks a bunch for any ideas!
Hey, how are you doing? I know this is very late to the game, but I just wanted to respond and see how things went. I've had 4 kids and different postpartum experiences...the most important things I think are preparing lots of nourishing food ahead of time, and then making sure to eat a lot and often during postpartum, asking for lots of help from family and friends, resting and sleeping as much as possible with baby. Everything else can wait. Those first weeks and months establish the milk supply and set the stage for mom's health later on.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals