Post Your Vitamin A Success Stories Here Please

sweetpeat

I developed a chronic cough over the winter that just wouldn't go away. Someone posted on the forum about vitamin A being good for the lungs (sorry, don't remember where I read it). I hadn't been supplementing it for a while so decided to give it try. It has helped tremendously. I think in my case I needed it to balance out the vitamin D I was taking over the winter.

@PeatingMama that's an amazing story about your eyesight! Do you take a maintenance dose of vitamin A?

Amazoniac

It's risky and I would only consider extreme doses in serious conditions as a desperate measure.

In theory, the other toxins must prevent harm, but we don't know how ample is the coverage, they behave differently in the body, and large doses can accentuate these differences. Any minor imbalance while on obscene intakes has the potential to be amplified, it's like when the motorcyclist is going on high speed and tiny adversities lead to accidents. For example, at their reasonable amounts, additional vitamin E could be protective, but on large doses it could be enough to throw off vitamin K, which is possibly used up very fast, eventually causing damage.

Defining success is questionable because most isotretinoin courses succeed in improving skin. Even though these interventions are not extreme enough to mimic such therapy, part of the benefit could be from the metabolites that are poorly handled: if you're not making up for a missing cofactor, it could be compensation for sluggish enzyme function.

When the success of a therapy depends on improper metabolism of a substance (because it tends to get out of control with massive doses) or the benefit is derived from only a fraction of the dose, it has to be questionable, and attempts to prevent damage might reduce effectiveness, requiring you to do it chronically.

High metabolism doesn't elevate the requirements to that extent, it seems a lazy attempt to solve a problem when you can't figure out how to address it. The person possibly has enough poisonoids stored, but can't use them, and if there's no harm from the excess, it will tax other nutrients somewhere along the way and contribute to the (likely) inflammatory state. Poisonol isn't inert.

Since I know that the shark sign is ignored because it can't happen to you, at least don't jump in the middle of the ocean right away, do it gradually without overlooking cues that something is off. There must be a degree of desperation to try this, but it can complicate things, there are cases where people didn't know they was susceptible, were harmed from insisting and struggle to recover afterwards. Dangerous, should be regulated as drugs.

Last edited:

Frankdee20

Seems like Vitamin A is deemed a demonic poison on here....

Frankdee20

Vitamin A is needed to activate Vitamin D receptors

Frankdee20

Does Vitamin A help with Testosterone ? It’s rarely mentioned along these lines, but theoretically helps with Cholesterol to Pregnenalone synthesis....

Mhtro

Where can you find 50,000 IU Vitamin D? I'm interested in where you guys get these stuff

Amazoniac

I’ve taken 200000 units a day at times. No bad effects.
Your metabolism is not the same as ours, humans; you've mentioned before that your health is superb*; and you probably took as poisonyl palmitate**, which nearly halves the potency.

Dramatization aside, there are trials with excessive dosing, mostly for cancer ('Euroscan study' for example), but I would still be cautious because extreme amounts taken at once can't be metabolized properly; also, the sluggishness in activation can be there for mobilization and excretion. There's more and more stuff in our environment capable of disrupting the ability to metabolize toxins, it can be used as justification to increase the requirements (I don't know when it stops being productive), but not to that extent.

*I now add weight to opinions as follows:
- 1 for healthy that never had to recover.
- 2 for someone that's sick.
- 3 for healthy that recovered.

If the topic was EM radiation, the first case would be someone that claims it's harmless. The second, the one that's prone to exaggerate. The third, should be the nuanced judgement without remorse.

Your reports are not disconsidered, only suspicious and taken with a grain of salt because your resistance is higher.

**I just realized that the poisonol equivalences for the esters are nothing more than discounting the fatty acids based on calculation rather than experiments. Since there's no good reason to be using International instead of metric units, something abvantageous that it could offer (but doesn't) is correcting for these equivalences (like PAE). This way there wouldn't be confusion when someone reports benefits from 10,000 IU of poison A because it would apply to any form.

Last edited:

magnesiumania

Rosita cod liver oil works just fine. And dont give me the PUFA story. Peat is wrong about DHA and dont even know what metabolites DHA make. Only problem with retinol is circadian mismatches. When you live in blue lights vit A cant bind to its opsins and free retinol destroy photoreceptors.

Shman Frontal

And Nobody mentioned Riboflavin... without B2 as FAD, Vitamin A is almost useless. Check it before taking Mega Doses of Vitamin A.

Cheers

PeatingMama

Carlson Vitamin A Palmitate 15,000 IU. We. I took about 150k-200k IU for about 3 months for skin issues and then realized that I didn’t need to wear my glasses any longer.

Atman

Since incorporating occasional (once a month at most) veal liver into my diet many years ago, I haven't been sick once.

La vitamina A è utile per la disfunzione mitocondriale?

mrchibbs

Dramatization aside, there are trials with excessive dosing, mostly for cancer ('Euroscan study' for example), but I would still be cautious because extreme amounts taken at once can't be metabolized properly; also, the sluggishness in activation can be there for mobilization and excretion.

@Amazoniac Do you think that's why, in many cultures, liver is eaten a little bit at a time, in some form of sausage, dish or pate? For the retinol to be metabolized completely? It is comparatively rarer to find traditional recipes with big meals of liver, it's mostly always in small amounts at a time.

I think a few thousands UIs when thyroid is high are probably going to get utilized quickly to create the steroid hormones. Even Ray has cautioned against large doses of retinol several times in the past, and it obviously has an anti-thyroid effect when large amounts are taken, as was known even back in McGavack's thyroid book (1951).

One thing that's often missed is I suspect people eat liver not only because of the retinol, but more importantly because of its large amounts of the b vitamins, especially riboflavin, along with many minerals like copper.

btw, thanks for the suggestion, Medicosis Perfectionalis seems like an awesome YouTube channel.

Last edited:

mrchibbs

And Nobody mentioned Riboflavin... without B2 as FAD, Vitamin A is almost useless. Check it before taking Mega Doses of Vitamin A.

Cheers

maybe that's why liver contains a lot of riboflavin too.

Mossy

Low-dose vitamin A (retinyl acetate: 2,400 IU - 4,800 IU) clears up my skin and makes it as nice as it can look. But, I should add, it does make my joints hurt.

I take this the same days that I take vitamin D (2,000 IU), vitamin K (2mg), and vitamin E/Dry E (30IU), as well as some Tocovit (the gentleman’s vitamin E).

I’d be curious to know if people are taking vitamin E at the same time as vitamin A or purposefully taking them apart. This study claims they can compete.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals