Post Your Vitamin A Success Stories Here Please

I was listening to the interview with Dr. Peat that Danny Roddy did maybe 2 or 3 years ago and Dr. Peat was talking about a good many successes with vitamin A up to 100,000 units a day.

I'm now taking 25,000 units a day while I take 50,000 units of D3 and some K2 (maybe 5-15mg a day of K2 MK4).

What are your positive experiences with A?

I have a relative with very bad adult acne who is relieved a bit with 100,000 units of A a day, but he won't take more than that and he may need more.

I suspect some people need a lot of A for awhile to remediate long term deficiencies.

mrchibbs

Small amounts of homemade liver pate daily, along with thyroid and cholesterol rich-food, really rev up my energy and hormone production.

I experienced the thyroid-suppressive effects of large meals of liver, but small amounts daily, when thyroid is high, means there is a high turnover of vitamin A and it feels amazing. Chris Masterjohn also talked about the need for small, regular supply instead of large doses.

I don't trust oral vitamin A supplement, but occasionally when I get acne, and can't eat more liver, I'll spread some topical retinol in MCT oil on my face or body, and it evens out the skin texture and makes it smooth.

I also emphasize vitamin E (and C) to prevent any risk of oxidation with vitamin A, and zinc from oysters, because zinc is a necessary co-factor in the metabolism of vitamin A.

So, careful use of vitamin A is extremely positive for me.

accelerator

I've found high dose A to be amazing for skin, gut function and energy. I've taken over 100,000 before but now take about 50,000 a day.

I also take vitamin E, so not worried about oxidation, and take more D when I am taking higher A.

baccheion

Vitamin C (1g+) protected against vitamin A oxidation according to one study. The same study found that vitamin E didn't help much.

Also add MK-7. At least 1,000-2,000 mcg MK-4 and 100-200 mcg MK-7 per 10,000 IU D3.

You can determine more precisely via vitamin A, vitamin K, and RBC/WBC magnesium labs.

Can use urinary calcium to determine appropriate amount of calcium per day. Based on Coimbra protocol, it should be less than 250 mg/L at 2.5 liters of liquid from all sources.

mrchibbs

Vitamin C (1g+) protected against vitamin A oxidation according to one study. The same study found that vitamin E didn't help much.

Also add MK-7. At least 1,000-2,000 mcg MK-4 and 100-200 mcg MK-7 per 10,000 IU D3.

You can determine more precisely via vitamin A, vitamin K, and RBC/WBC magnesium labs.

Can use urinary calcium to determine appropriate amount of calcium per day. Based on Coimbra protocol, it should be less than 250 mg/L at 2.5 liters of liquid from all sources.

Do you have the study in question? I'm accumulating evidence on vA.

Last edited:

Nebula

Small amounts of homemade liver pate daily, along with thyroid and cholesterol rich-food, really rev up my energy and hormone production.

I experienced the thyroid-suppressive effects of large meals of liver, but small amounts daily, when thyroid is high, means there is a high turnover of vitamin A and it feels amazing. Chris Masterjohn also talked about the need for small, regular supply instead of large doses.

I don't trust oral vitamin A supplement, but occasionally when I get acne, and can't eat more liver, I'll spread some topical retinol in MCT oil on my face or body, and it evens out the skin texture and makes it smooth.

I also emphasize vitamin E (and C) to prevent any risk of oxidation with vitamin A, and zinc from oysters, because zinc is a necessary co-factor in the metabolism of vitamin A.

So, careful use of vitamin A is extremely positive for me.
I’m going to strongly second your caution about making sure thyroid levels are already high enough to need more vitamin A, along with the zinc and vitamin e. Damage from oxidation of excessive vitamin A that’s not metabolized is a real possibility in my experience. I overdosed on retinol from a homemade liver pate that I ate daily for a few weeks when my body couldn’t metabolize all of it and the negative effects from that lasted for 6 months. Some very strange skin issues. So definitely get thyroid and other cofactors figured out first before trying to increase retinol intake and only in small amounts paying close attention to any effects positive or negative.

Sharko

I took one dose of estroban. Immediately I saw red dents under my eyes and cracks in my fingers skin that had not yet passed after two weeks. I have been taking Vitamin K, E, D from Idealabs for a few months so it can only be related to vitamin A

estroban gave me an amazing feeling of dopamine at peak but the side effects are problematic.

Sharko

Also my eyelids got really dry and turned to red.

I believe I eat very low Vitamin A in my diet. Live once a half year maybe...

Frankdee20

I’m just starting to use Vitamin A 25k every other day.... My vitamin D level was still 29, and I am using 10k daily, and plenty of MK4 and some E.... I actually wanted to try more vitamin A because I have high cholesterol and low testosterone... I know the A helps turn some of that into hormones... I’ll see how it goes

baccheion

I’m just starting to use Vitamin A 25k every other day.... My vitamin D level was still 29, and I am using 10k daily, and plenty of MK4 and some E.... I actually wanted to try more vitamin A because I have high cholesterol and low testosterone... I know the A helps turn some of that into hormones... I’ll see how it goes
29? Are you getting enough magnesium and other cofactors? Taking with enough fat? Such a low level at 10,000 IU is suggestive. You could also try the megadose/Coimbra approach.

Frankdee20

29? Are you getting enough magnesium and other cofactors? Taking with enough fat? Such a low level at 10,000 IU is suggestive. You could also try the megadose/Coimbra approach.

Sorry, I was using it at like 5 thousand a day here and there, but have since increased to 10k

mrchibbs

I’m going to strongly second your caution about making sure thyroid levels are already high enough to need more vitamin A, along with the zinc and vitamin e. Damage from oxidation of excessive vitamin A that’s not metabolized is a real possibility in my experience. I overdosed on retinol from a homemade liver pate that I ate daily for a few weeks when my body couldn’t metabolize all of it and the negative effects from that lasted for 6 months. Some very strange skin issues. So definitely get thyroid and other cofactors figured out first before trying to increase retinol intake and only in small amounts paying close attention to any effects positive or negative.

Yeah you're 100% right to underline this aspect. Anyone who is hypothyroid will need much much less vitamin A. That means no supplements and liver maybe once a month. As thyroid improves, the vitamin A becomes safer/more useful.

baccheion

Yeah you're 100% right to underline this aspect. Anyone who is hypothyroid will need much much less vitamin A. That means no supplements and liver maybe once a month. As thyroid improves, the vitamin A becomes safer/more useful.
How much when thyroid is fine?