Miracle: Small "empirical" Doses Of Antibiotics

Dr. Peat has mentioned what he calls "empirical" doses.

Doxycycline has been my choice. I take 50mg or so a few times a week.

Recently I felt run down and high endotoxin. I suspected I was "getting a cold", whatever that is.

I took 50,000 units of D3, and 25,000 units of retinyl palmitate, which normally helps but doesn't really stop colds.

I took more doxy, about 50mg twice a day, and for a change, I seem to have skated by and feel fine, without getting sick.

This has NEVER happened before.

Peatful

You didn’t mention the phages. Do or don’t you think they factor in?

tankasnowgod

Very cool. I've been experimenting with higher doses of vitamin C, and was also able to prevent an oncoming sickness. I have also been using higher doses of Vitamin D, so that could be a factor as well.

I think using some sort of combo of A, C, D, Antibiotics, Activated Charcoal, and Iron restriction (or lowering) could probably eliminate most colds in less than a day. Those same things (along with phage, B2 and things like emodin) could probably balance the gut for much better health and wellness overall.

tankasnowgod

I had been taking them but they didn’t stop my beginning to get sick. They’ve been amazing for my gut health.

What beneficial effects have you noticed from phages? I remember you talking about them before, but not sure if you mentioned any effects.

OP
ecstatichamster
What beneficial effects have you noticed from phages? I remember you talking about them before, but not sure if you mentioned any effects.

My underwear is always spotless. No soiling. I can eat starch without problems.

OP
ecstatichamster
I still am finding very small doses extremely helpful. I remember on an interview Dr. Peat said he uses 20mg of penicillin sometimes.

When I feel run down or achy I take them, and some methylene blue (5mg twice a day) and aspirin and all is right with the world.

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

I wonder if this occasional taking of a small dose of antibiotic is actually a natural thing humans in pre-industrial society would do, because your experience reminded me of this article:
Ancient brewmasters tapped drug secrets

"A chemical analysis of the bones of ancient Nubians shows that they were regularly consuming tetracycline, most likely in their beer. The finding is the strongest evidence yet that the art of making antibiotics, which officially dates to the discovery of penicillin in 1928, was common practice nearly 2,000 years ago."
[...]
The results stunned Nelson. “The bones of these ancient people were saturated with tetracycline, showing that they had been taking it for a long time,” he says. “I’m convinced that they had the science of fermentation under control and were purposely producing the drug.”

Even the tibia and skull belonging to a 4-year-old were full of tetracycline, suggesting that they were giving high doses to the child to try and cure him of illness, Nelson says.
[...]

The ancient Egyptians and Jordanians used beer to treat gum disease and other ailments, Armelagos says, adding that the complex art of fermenting antibiotics was probably widespread in ancient times, and handed down through generations."
Anyway, reminds me of Peat's observation that traditional societies would regularly consume thyroid gland in their food and would get the equivalent of 1/2 a grain regularly. So I am wondering if antibiotic use was something similarly widespread as something integral to the diet.

OP
ecstatichamster

I wonder if this occasional taking of a small dose of antibiotic is actually a natural thing humans in pre-industrial society would do, because your experience reminded me of this article:

"A chemical analysis of the bones of ancient Nubians shows that they were regularly consuming tetracycline, most likely in their beer. The finding is the strongest evidence yet that the art of making antibiotics, which officially dates to the discovery of penicillin in 1928, was common practice nearly 2,000 years ago."
[...]
The results stunned Nelson. “The bones of these ancient people were saturated with tetracycline, showing that they had been taking it for a long time,” he says. “I’m convinced that they had the science of fermentation under control and were purposely producing the drug.”

Even the tibia and skull belonging to a 4-year-old were full of tetracycline, suggesting that they were giving high doses to the child to try and cure him of illness, Nelson says.
[...]

The ancient Egyptians and Jordanians used beer to treat gum disease and other ailments, Armelagos says, adding that the complex art of fermenting antibiotics was probably widespread in ancient times, and handed down through generations."
Anyway, reminds me of Peat's observation that traditional societies would regularly consume thyroid gland in their food and would get the equivalent of 1/2 a grain regularly. So I am wondering if antibiotic use was something similarly widespread as something integral to the diet.

freakin' amazing. Thank you!!

boris

"A chemical analysis of the bones of ancient Nubians shows that they were regularly consuming tetracycline, most likely in their beer. The finding is the strongest evidence yet that the art of making antibiotics, which officially dates to the discovery of penicillin in 1928, was common practice nearly 2,000 years ago."​
[...]​
The results stunned Nelson. “The bones of these ancient people were saturated with tetracycline, showing that they had been taking it for a long time,” he says. “I’m convinced that they had the science of fermentation under control and were purposely producing the drug.”​
Even the tibia and skull belonging to a 4-year-old were full of tetracycline, suggesting that they were giving high doses to the child to try and cure him of illness, Nelson says.​
[...]​
The ancient Egyptians and Jordanians used beer to treat gum disease and other ailments, Armelagos says, adding that the complex art of fermenting antibiotics was probably widespread in ancient times, and handed down through generations."​
Very interesting, thanks for sharing. I think a lot of knowledge from the past has been lost.

@ecstatichamster @foodandtheworld this might interest you:

"..."One of the most surprising finds, however, was in a Neandertal from El Sidrón, who suffered from a dental abscess visible on the jawbone. The plaque showed that he also had an intestinal parasite that causes acute diarrhoea, so clearly he was quite sick. He was eating poplar, which contains the pain killer salicylic acid (the active ingredient of aspirin), and we could also detect a natural antibiotic mould (Penicillium) not seen in the other specimens." "Apparently, Neandertals possessed a good knowledge of medicinal plants and their various anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties, and seem to be self-medicating. The use of antibiotics would be very surprising, as this is more than 40,000 years before we developed penicillin. Certainly our findings contrast markedly with the rather simplistic view of our ancient relatives in popular imagination."

Regarding stopping a cold. In the past I've tried all the popular methods from eating garlic to chewing ginger and it never worked. Last year I had a cold incoming various times and was always able to stop it in it's tracks by eating a big tablespoon of coconut oil with a pint of OJ.

Last edited:
OP
ecstatichamster
Very interesting, thanks for sharing. I think a lot of knowledge from the past has been lost.

@ecstatichamster @foodandtheworld this might interest you:

Regarding stopping a cold. In the past I've tried all the popular methods from eating garlic to chewing ginger and it never worked. Last year I had a cold incoming various times and was always able to stop it in it's tracks by eating a big tablespoon of coconut oil with a pint of OJ.

thank you @boris, fascinating.