Permanently Fixing Hypothyroid Through Short Term T3

No_Energy

I was dosing 12.5 mcg each hour and a half, the half of that for two days, then nothing. Haven’t felt anything bad from it, temps certainly dropped a little bit

Thanks @vulture!

So, you were doing 110 mcg/day , then you did 55mcg for 2 days and stopped, is that correct? . Thanks man.

Last edited:
OP
ecstatichamster
yes I have gotten hypoglycemic. Thanks for the study.

I am noticing a lot of occasional hypoglycemia. And salt is needed in higher quantities. Taking extra T3is often ineffective, take some sugar and/or salt, and temps shoot up. It’s amazing.

lampofred

I am noticing a lot of occasional hypoglycemia. And salt is needed in higher quantities. Taking extra T3is often ineffective, take some sugar and/or salt, and temps shoot up. It’s amazing.

I thought thyroid would improve salt retention so that you would actually need less. Sounds like your adrenaline is going up a lot and dumping salt.

Ella

Forum Supporter

Have you been tracking RT3? I recall Peat saying you need to take T3 with food otherwise it converts to reverse T3. I was doing T4/T3 combo but have drop the T3 as my levels were at the higher end of the range which is good but I wonder whether I was making any use of it due to adrenaline.

Ella

Forum Supporter
I thought thyroid would improve salt retention so that you would actually need less. Sounds like your adrenaline is going up a lot and dumping salt.

Excellent connection @lampofred and as salt is dumped so too glucose !! Thus the adrenaline merry go round.

OP
ecstatichamster
I think every issue ends up often around hypoglycemia once you have a fatty liver.

I have tried coffee and K2 MK4, of course, and take those faithfully, but they aren’t enough.

Perhaps a zero fat diet for a few weeks (again) would help...not sure.

But I find that careful monitoring of temps reveals higher T3 does drain glycogen stores and you need sugar pretty quickly, and also salt.

Yes, I’m sure this is adrenalin from the hypoglycemia.

Not sure what to do about it though.

Except I am careful to take my temperatures and observe when it is happening and try to nip it in the bud. The other day I had two Mexican Cokes, chugged down, when it happened, and you know what? Instead of feeling sleepy and crappy, like often from all that sugar, I felt great. I drove for 1/2 hour, and didn’t feel stressed, and felt constant and alert.

Miguel

I'm not sure....here is the study. I'm not sure how valid it is.
A Comparative Genotoxicity Study of a Supraphysiological Dose of Triiodothyronine (T3) in Obese Rats Subjected to Either Calorie-Restricted Diet or Hyperthyroidism

I guess it's not so much an issue if you are only doing something like this short-term. I'm a bit worried as I have to take larger than normal doses regularly at the moment and will have to for the near future it seems...I feel like it makes me a bit puffy and bloated but it's hard to tell for sure.

Did you ever get hypoglycemia when you reached the highest doses during the Wilson cycle?

The study you linked states it used supraphysiological amounts of T3. In that study, the rats were given T3 at a dose of 25 mcg/100g which, according to this article on converting doses between animals and humans, the human equivalent dose would be about 40 mcg/kg! I weigh about 79kg so that means it would be the equivalent of me taking about 3,160 mcg of T3! (I used equation 3 from that linked article but even with equation 1, it would be about 34.6 mcg/kg or me taking about 2,733 mcg of T3 which is still ridiculously high).

Now even though @ecstatichamster and the others are taking far lower doses, I still think it's wise to be cautious with T3. However, I am thankful that he and the others are sharing their experiences with it. I too have been experimenting with both T3 (Tyronene) and NDT (Tyromax). I plan on also sharing my experience with T3 in the future after I've been on it for a few more weeks.

thomas00

I think every issue ends up often around hypoglycemia once you have a fatty liver.

I started getting bad hypoglycemia after taking large doses in past few weeks. I think once I got to about 100mcg (taken in one go) I would get a shocking blood sugar crash in the mornings, pretty reliably. I've cut back t0 25mcg twice daily at the moment, still getting a bit of hypoglycemia here and there but not as bad as it was. The appetite suppression I would usually feel from taking that much thyroid has is not really as pronounced as it was though.

It's weird...the studies where they use pretty big amounts of t3 to augment antidepressants don't seem to list hypoglycemia as a side effect. John Lowe seems to have had people on even bigger doses.

OP
ecstatichamster
My theory is that hypoglycemia is coming from a fatty liver. I don’t crash in the morning. But I can crash a little during the day.

I am also taking about 2 X 50mg of niacinamide, 500mg of thiamine, 2mg of biotin, 5mg of riboflavin, sometimes 50mg of benfotiamine.

Maybe 30g of collagen spread out over the day, in total.

I am finding that more salt is very, very helpful in maintaining temperatures.

I’m probably using only 30mcg or 35mcg or T3. I just take a tiny nibble on the 25mcg Tiromel during the day, starting with the morning and continuing until bedtime.

I’m also still taking about 1.6mg of metergoline and 3mg of exemestane, since about a week ago. I may start a separate thread about that.

My big discovery this week is on the salt consumption helping tremendously. I now drink milk with about a scant 1/4 teaspoon of salt in it. This has been a huge benefit.

OP
ecstatichamster
I’m trying to get my temps in the daytime to 98.6, harder to do in the winter weather.

Often I’m at the lower 98s. Taking about 35mcg of T3, maybe I need more. I’m trying to take it more often to get temps up to 98.6 even if I have to take it twice in 30 minutes, to avoid too big a dose all at once, which I think is a mistake that I made on my first cycle.

I am taking 3mg of exemestane most days, and 3mg of metergoline every day split into two 1.5mg doses.

Eating is most essential. Without food I can’t maintain my temperatures. I’ve noticed this before, but especially now.

I am waking up around 97.5 most mornings.

thomas00

Do you have any misgivings regarding Tiromel, Hamster?

I'd been using it for a while and then switched back to Cynomel. The differences are stark.

I now have zero confidence in Tiromel. And T3 Pro. Other seem to be OK with it though.

OP
ecstatichamster
Do you have any misgivings regarding Tiromel, Hamster?

I'd been using it for a while and then switched back to Cynomel. The differences are stark.

I now have zero confidence in Tiromel. And T3 Pro. Other seem to be OK with it though.

tiromel is very good.

thomas00

@thomas00 Is it weaker or what are the differences you feel?

It doesn't rein in my relentless appetite like cynomel does. I also had really bad dandruff that wasn't going anywhere on tiromel. As soon I went back to cynomel it was gone within 2 days. T3 Pro is another weird one for me...it produces uncomfortable amounts of body heat but not much else.

I can't explain why those brands would have those effects on me other than the inactive ingredients might matter a lot in thyroid tablets, at least for some people.

Fexxx

Hello @ecstatichamster

I follow your thread very interested, because I also get quite good results with T3. Strangely enough, small doses (~5mcg) don't work at all every few hours. But I feel single doses of >20mcg as a slightly warm and pleasant wave. During the day I can even sleep (daytime nap) very well with it. Paradoxically, doses of ~20mcg before going to bed lead to "stress waves" in my body. How are your experiences with low vs. high single doses?

PS:
If you surf through the "hormone forums and websites" on the Internet, dosages of >75mcg per day seem not to be a rarity and even "petite unsporting housewives" feel just so comfortable with it.
On the other hand, there are bodybuilder forums that have already made very good experiences with 25-50mcg regarding weight loss and classify more than 50mcg as to catabol.

Very confusing :):

No_Energy

I have just tried small doses of cynomel-T3 (nibbling like Ray suggested) for 3 days.. could get higher temps, but, felt really off, sort of a foggy, uncomfortable state of mind. With T4 instead, never experienced this weird mind effect . @ecstatichamster Do you remember how it felt in the beginning, did it get better with time? . Thanks Man.

Last edited:
OP
ecstatichamster
I have just tried small doses of cynomel-T3 (nibbling like Ray suggested) for 3 days.. could get higher temps, but, felt really off, sort of a foggy, uncomfortable state of mind. With T4 instead, never experienced this weird mind effect . @ecstatichamster Do you remember how it felt in the beginning, did it get better with time? . Thanks Man.

yes it got much better.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals