Permanently Fixing Hypothyroid Through Short Term T3

OP
ecstatichamster
I think it may just be so much fluid is increasing prolactin. I had started to increase salt, but between the acne and the constipation, and maybe the excessive liquid, it is time to experiment with small amounts of milk for a bit.

thomas00

Are you chaps who are getting acne from milk concerned at all it might be from some degree of lactose intolerance?

I have to use lactose free milk still but the times I've tested normal milk as an experiment, coupled with my occasional consumption of foods with whole milk powder in them, I've gotten pimples quite badly. I don't get it at all with the lactose free products.

Might be worth experimenting with....

Inaut

Whatever you do don’t go on accutane

Never.

It’s happened in the past and when I ease up on the milk, it tends to dissipate... I’m also growing odd hairs on my shoulder which I assume is due to estrogen/prolactin...Damn shame I tell you

Never.

It’s happened in the past and when I ease up on the milk, it tends to dissipate... I’m also growing odd hairs on my shoulder which I assume is due to estrogen/prolactin...Damn shame I tell you
Maybe get your prolactin tested ?

OP
ecstatichamster
yeah I love milk. It is fantastic. But this will be a low milk experiment. See how it all shakes out.

OP
ecstatichamster
Avoiding most milk and cheese. Eating a small amount of cheese, maybe 2 ounces, and maybe 1 glass of milk.

Waking temps around 97 today. I ate some white chocolate chips yesterday, maybe 6 ounces. It made me warm for awhile.

I’ve had maybe 1 potato cooked per day, but no other starch.

Felt high prolactin symptoms. i think from the milk. I’m hoping it gets better. I started a short course of lisuride to see if I could bring it down quickly. It has manifested itself in crappy erections basically and a strange form of horniness that is not my usual high libido but something else. Yuck.

I’m letting my daytime temps rise to mid 98s and keeping them there with a total of around 30mcg of T3, gradually taken in tiny nibbles maybe 5 times a day.

Have been waking up very very early in the morning, which shall pass soon I think.

OP
ecstatichamster
waking temps were 97.5, which is near an all time high.

I had maybe 100mcg of lisuride, and stopped most of the milk. Eat maybe 2 ounces of cheese.

I had some white chocolate chips made with real cocoa butter, maybe 6 ounces.

Erections are coming back too.

I think the liquid in the milk, or maybe the milk itself, was causing high prolactin. I lost 3 pounds according to the scale, from yesterday to today.

My tentative recommendation is to try a little lisuride if you feel you have high prolactin and serotonin. It offers good benefits without the side effects of cypro. And cypro doesn't lower prolactin. The lisuride does make me a little lethargic, but nowhere near what cypro does.

Still only needing 25mcg of T3 total for the day, distributed in little nibbles of the Tiromel pill.

OP
ecstatichamster
Waking temp was 97.0 for a few days. Taking about 100mcg of lisuride and boosting T3 a bit, to get temps to average at or over 98.6 during the day. Temps during the day were 98 to 99.1.

Today, waking temp was 97.3. I’m taking about 35mcg of T3 throughout the day total, spread out with small doses as usual. It is raising my temperatures overall.

I’m drinking about half a liter of milk per day. It feels like maintaining higher thyroid levels makes the milk drinking work, but I’m not overloading my body with 2liters of milk and I think it’s much better this way. But I am hoping I can work up to 1 - 2 liters of milk per day without raising prolactin again.

OP
ecstatichamster
Essentially I’m doing a second Wilson cycle. This time it requires very much less T3. The first cycle got me up to 180mcg or so a day.

I’m at 30mcg or so and ending up at 99F. During the day. This morning waking temperature was 97.4. I got some muscle aches similar to endotoxins last night but they are from the T3. They are a common side effect of boosting T3 quickly.

In effect I’m getting a huge increase in thyroid functionality, with only minimal T3 this time around.

I’m thinking when this is over, I’ll be at a permanently high temperature once I’m off T3 completely. This may be the second and final cycle needed.

I did get 1000 25mcg Tiromels so I’m prepared, but I’m not really using much more than a single one a day.

I am drinking a lot of milk again too, maybe 1 liter a day. It is just too convenient.

I’m taking about 100mcg or lisuride and the extra T3. I may try to cut back again on the milk but it seems that raising T3 and thyroid function negates the prolactin effects of all that liquid. That’s my theory at the moment.

OP
ecstatichamster
Switched to 2mg of metergoline in divided doses for prolactin reduction. Also started 3mg of Exemestane, we shall see what happens. My T has been around 900 and my estrogen is high so this is another experiment.

T3 is around 30mcg. I am reaching temps of 99.3F. or so during the morning. Waking around 97.4F.

This round is much easier.

thomas00

Did all this estrogen and prolactin stuff only just come about, hamster?

I've wondered about the effects of large doses of t3. Ray says they raise stress hormones. It causes oxidative stress in animals.

Last edited:

vulture

Did all this estrogen and prolactin stuff only just come about, hamster?

I've wondered about the effects of large doses of t3. Ray says they raise stress hormones. It causes oxidative stress in animals.
I just suspended my T3 protocol, I was on about 110 mcg per day, started to lose strength in the gym for two consecutive weeks, I’m really really suspicious about anything that makes me weaker.
Temps were up, but waking temp without slow release T3 seems absurd to increase.

OP
ecstatichamster
@vulture I think some muscle weakness is normal for this type of short term therapy. Doesn’t bother me. I’ll do it for a short time as a remedial effort not a long term thing. I think it worked for the first cycle and this second cycle may be all I need.

@thomas00 I’m looking at short term to see how things shake out and not for the long term. T3 is fine actually. I don’t recall Dr. Peat saying it raises stress hormones. Quite the opposite. It lowers them. And how can it cause oxidative stress in animals? I don’t really think I agree.

OP
ecstatichamster
Here is my working theory. I have shown that Wilson’s T3 protocol really works. It involves a quick trip up through T3 (7.5mcg per day higher each day if you need it) to raise average waking temps to the high 98s, then down in T3 again, and the increase in metabolism “sticks”.

Some people require a few of these cycles. This is my second. I’m convinced that works.

Now as to overall health and fat loss...

I’m experimenting with small amounts of exemestane and metergoline. My theory is that keeping T3 up and lowering serotonin and prolactin will create a dramatic increase in metabolism. It seems to be working. I woke at 97.7 today, up from 97.4 yesterday.

Also all other bio markers are MUCH better. I pee much more easily. I’ve never had prostate issues, but urination is very easy. And erections are very good.

I’m also taking about a cup of bamboo shoots/mushrooms (all well cooked).

I don’t yet have a scale here but my waistline seems to be smaller...i have run out of belt notches (belt is too big).

How much of our fat is really bloated water weight from high estrogen and prolactin.

So maybe cycling those on for a bit can let me get a bit leaner and meaner, and then not need any of these anymore.

I’m also taking B6, B1, B3, B2, plenty of sugar in the form of juice and dates. Near zero starch other than a well cooked potato a few times a week. Maybe 1/2 to 2/3 of a liter of milk, some cheese, dates, maybe 4 - 6 ounces of low fat animal protein, some white chocolate...

thomas00

@thomas00 I’m looking at short term to see how things shake out and not for the long term. T3 is fine actually. I don’t recall Dr. Peat saying it raises stress hormones. Quite the opposite. It lowers them. And how can it cause oxidative stress in animals? I don’t really think I agree.

I'm not sure....here is the study. I'm not sure how valid it is.
A Comparative Genotoxicity Study of a Supraphysiological Dose of Triiodothyronine (T3) in Obese Rats Subjected to Either Calorie-Restricted Diet or Hyperthyroidism

I guess it's not so much an issue if you are only doing something like this short-term. I'm a bit worried as I have to take larger than normal doses regularly at the moment and will have to for the near future it seems...I feel like it makes me a bit puffy and bloated but it's hard to tell for sure.

Did you ever get hypoglycemia when you reached the highest doses during the Wilson cycle?

OP
ecstatichamster
I'm not sure....here is the study. I'm not sure how valid it is.
A Comparative Genotoxicity Study of a Supraphysiological Dose of Triiodothyronine (T3) in Obese Rats Subjected to Either Calorie-Restricted Diet or Hyperthyroidism

I guess it's not so much an issue if you are only doing something like this short-term. I'm a bit worried as I have to take larger than normal doses regularly at the moment and will have to for the near future it seems...I feel like it makes me a bit puffy and bloated but it's hard to tell for sure.

Did you ever get hypoglycemia when you reached the highest doses during the Wilson cycle?

yes I have gotten hypoglycemic. Thanks for the study.

No_Energy

I just suspended my T3 protocol, I was on about 110 mcg per day, started to lose strength in the gym for two consecutive weeks, I’m really really suspicious about anything that makes me weaker.
Temps were up, but waking temp without slow release T3 seems absurd to increase.

@vulture , Did you stop abruptly, or Did you have to do a taper down ?

@ecstatichamster, and all you Guys, Do you guys think there is any risk from stopping T3 abruptly ( Myxedema ) ?

vulture

@vulture , Did you stop abruptly, or Did you have to do a taper down ?

@ecstatichamster, and all you Guys, Do you guys think there is any risk from stopping T3 abruptly ( Myxedema ) ?
I was dosing 12.5 mcg each hour and a half, the half of that for two days, then nothing. Haven’t felt anything bad from it, temps certainly dropped a little bit