One Tooth That Is Sensitive To Cold And Hurts To Bite Down On It

Iron Man

I have a tooth that was filled about a year ago. It had a massive cavity and the Dentist said I may need a root canal. For a while now it has been sensitive to cold and hurts when I bite down on the tooth. I went back to the Dentist and he advised there is gum recession and maybe a possible crack in the filling or tooth. The Dentist filled the tooth again and did his best to make sure it was sealed.

The tooth is still sensitive to cold and hurts to bite down on.

Can anyone share what they have done in a similar situation to me? I do not know what to do. I do not want a root canal and I would rather not have the tooth pulled out.

Thanks,

Simonsays

I recently had root canal, as a tooth/root had died and there was a persistent gum abscess that was gradually getting worse. I had no pain , but it came up in x ray.

The dentist advised a root canal and i was wary like yourself, after reading varying outcomes. Someone on another forum advised me definitely not to have it done. I put it off for ages as i had no pain, but the abscess had started to weep.

Ive definitely seen somewhere that Ray advised root canal as opposed to extraction in an interview he gave . I think there is a post on here recently about extraction not being good for the body?? I think it was posted by Westside PUFA??

Ive had mine done about a few months now and no adverse reactions. I guess it comes down to the competence of your dentist and the work involved. Good luck

More calcium and vitamins D and K can help with that. If you don't eat generous amounts of cheese or milk, you can supplement with eggshell calcium, for example. :)

OP
I

Iron Man

Thanks, much appreciated...

Does anyone know what might be going on with the tooth? I don't bury my head in the sand or anything and have been to a Dentist etc, but I question general Dentistry as with the whole medical profession etc.

Simonsays

The tooth i had root canal on required a massive emergency filling years ago when i was in agony. It had originally cracked and the filling fell out. But over the years i think the tooth died. Sometimes i think the tooth decay has gone too far for fillings remineralisation etc to work and removal/root canal might be the only option.

Maybe go to another dentist and get a second opinion.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals