Is it ever possible to 100% reverse a cavity?

Is it possible?

• Not 100%

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Yes 100%

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Could do it but it's not definite

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

Josh

Hey all!

So after going to the dentist i’ve found out i need three fillings for cavities (These cavities are all giving me pain) The dentist is happy to use my preferred filling choice which is Admira Fusion, which from my research and speaking with many holistic dentists it is the best option out there for a filling (Ceramic and gold is not an option as my cavities are only small and using gold/ceramic would mean more destruction of the teeth to fit it in so dentist is totally against it)

I’m just wondering if it’s ever a possibility to reverse a cavity and i mean 100% reverse it? From my research its only possible to reverse when it’s not gone into an actual hole, where as i have an actual hole in one of my molars and to be honest unless theres a DEFINITE chance of reversing a cavity then i’m not going to risk not getting the fillings done and have it progress even further. I’ve had these cavities for i don’t know how long and with the pain and sensitivity i have i’m grateful i don’t have to have a root canal or something like that so my thinking has been to definitely get them so far!

If it means anything to anyone here i’ve attached the x rays i got done!

Attachments

• BTW JA b.jpg
    BTW JA b.jpg
    463.6 KB · Views: 46
  • BTW JC.jpg
    BTW JC.jpg
    480.4 KB · Views: 46

mrchibbs

According to Judene Benoit's 2015 book it is always possible, but if I was you I would get the fillings done, especially if the material is safe, then you can focus on prevention and live your life.

OP
J

Josh

According to Judene Benoit's 2015 book it is always possible, but if I was you I would get the fillings done, especially if the material is safe, then you can focus on prevention and live your life.

Exactly what i was thinking! I mean i don't think there's any perfect material out there that exists, (Even gold has to use a glue/resin to put in place) but this Admira fusion seems like the best option possible!

mrchibbs

Exactly what i was thinking! I mean i don't think there's any perfect material out there that exists, (Even gold has to use a glue/resin to put in place) but this Admira fusion seems like the best option possible!

I haven't gone to the dentist for awhile because I was quite sick over the last couple years, but I'm fairly certain I have cavities as they are a given in situations of high stress and low thyroid function.

I'm probably going to go your route, I'm trying to find a good holistic dentist (vs. my previous one) to deal with it, and I'll be certain to mention this Admira fusion material.

Make sure to focus on thyroid function especially, it seems to really help prevent cavities and general tooth decay.

mrchibbs

If the enamel or dentin is gone, it’s gone.

You can try this for prevention GC-Tooth-Mousse

In the book I mentioned above, the author (a dentist) argues against this notion, with plenty of references:

“Dentin remineralization is a reality, however it is much more difficult to achieve than enamel remineralization.Think of your skin as enamel, and the soft tissue underneath your thick skin as dentin. If you get a cut in your skin, it is not very deep, and it’s within the thick, tough outer layer. The wound will likely heal without much difficultly. If, however, you get a deep cut that goes through to the soft tissue under your skin, you would likely require some significant healing time or even stitches. It certainly does not heal as easily as the shallow cut. A cavity extending into dentin is like a deep wound. While healing is possible, it is certainly much more difficult for the body to accomplish.”

Excerpt From: Dr. Judene Benoit. “How to Stop Cavities: A Natural Approach to Prevention and Remineralization.”

ReSTART

Correct, Dentin is harder to remineralise than enamel.

Combining TPP with recaldent may work

mrchibbs

Considering the many studies highlighting the value of exogenous thyroid hormone in preventing tooth decay, I suspect that high thyroid function (possibly aided via an NDT supplement) would also also improve any attempt at "natural" remineralization.

L_C

Hey all!

So after going to the dentist i’ve found out i need three fillings for cavities (These cavities are all giving me pain) The dentist is happy to use my preferred filling choice which is Admira Fusion, which from my research and speaking with many holistic dentists it is the best option out there for a filling (Ceramic and gold is not an option as my cavities are only small and using gold/ceramic would mean more destruction of the teeth to fit it in so dentist is totally against it)

I’m just wondering if it’s ever a possibility to reverse a cavity and i mean 100% reverse it? From my research its only possible to reverse when it’s not gone into an actual hole, where as i have an actual hole in one of my molars and to be honest unless theres a DEFINITE chance of reversing a cavity then i’m not going to risk not getting the fillings done and have it progress even further. I’ve had these cavities for i don’t know how long and with the pain and sensitivity i have i’m grateful i don’t have to have a root canal or something like that so my thinking has been to definitely get them so far!

If it means anything to anyone here i’ve attached the x rays i got done!
The logic says if every of your cells can be repaired, then we should be able to repair teeth as well.

Kray

@Josh

I have had a similar situation with demineralized teeth. On another thread regarding demineralization, Dr Ellie (Phillips) protocol is discussed, which has shown to remineralize teeth. She also has written several books which you can check out on amazon, for ease of finding. Right now I am following her course of treatment at home. I never subscribed to fluoride toothpastes or rinses but I am at the threshold of having far greater problems if I dont do something more intervening. Xylitol rinse or gum/mints is also another big help in oral health. So far I have seen some improvements after only 2 weeks; it may take up to 6 months so I am giving it that long.

Can you give more information on the material you spoke about, Admira Fusion? Is it composite? BPA-free? (According to Dr Ellie, most composite fillings are made with BPA).

Thanks for your input. I hope the best for you.

OP
J

Josh

@Josh

I have had a similar situation with demineralized teeth. On another thread regarding demineralization, Dr Ellie (Phillips) protocol is discussed, which has shown to remineralize teeth. She also has written several books which you can check out on amazon, for ease of finding. Right now I am following her course of treatment at home. I never subscribed to fluoride toothpastes or rinses but I am at the threshold of having far greater problems if I dont do something more intervening. Xylitol rinse or gum/mints is also another big help in oral health. So far I have seen some improvements after only 2 weeks; it may take up to 6 months so I am giving it that long.

Can you give more information on the material you spoke about, Admira Fusion? Is it composite? BPA-free? (According to Dr Ellie, most composite fillings are made with BPA).

Thanks for your input. I hope the best for you.

Yeah i'm really considering a fluoride mouth wash after being fluoride free for 5 years now.

Admira Fusion is BPA free, i spoke to over 15 holistic dentists and this was the most used type, Admira Fusion is BPA free itself BUT if you use the Admira Bonding agent that does contain BPA, but i'm told it's only a very thin strip thats used of that and at the end of the day it's not perfect but it's the best option we have, this is after hours of researching safe filling materials

TheSir

In the book I mentioned above, the author (a dentist) argues against this notion, with plenty of references:

“Dentin remineralization is a reality, however it is much more difficult to achieve than enamel remineralization.Think of your skin as enamel, and the soft tissue underneath your thick skin as dentin. If you get a cut in your skin, it is not very deep, and it’s within the thick, tough outer layer. The wound will likely heal without much difficultly. If, however, you get a deep cut that goes through to the soft tissue under your skin, you would likely require some significant healing time or even stitches. It certainly does not heal as easily as the shallow cut. A cavity extending into dentin is like a deep wound. While healing is possible, it is certainly much more difficult for the body to accomplish.”

Excerpt From: Dr. Judene Benoit. “How to Stop Cavities: A Natural Approach to Prevention and Remineralization.”

Correct, Dentin is harder to remineralise than enamel.

Combining TPP with recaldent may work
The dentin can heal and regrow itself so long as it is kept clean. This is where daily oil pulling with antibacterial essential oils dissolved in coconut oil comes handy, as the process will gradually drain the cavities of the infection. After a few months on this regimen all your decay should be gone.

Kray

Yeah i'm really considering a fluoride mouth wash after being fluoride free for 5 years now.

Admira Fusion is BPA free, i spoke to over 15 holistic dentists and this was the most used type, Admira Fusion is BPA free itself BUT if you use the Admira Bonding agent that does contain BPA, but i'm told it's only a very thin strip thats used of that and at the end of the day it's not perfect but it's the best option we have, this is after hours of researching safe filling materials
You really did your homework! Thanks for that information, that is very helpful.

I had used xylitol-based toothpastes for years in place of fluoride. About 1 year ago I switched to a non-xylitol, non-fluoride *whitening* toothpaste. Due to lockdown during that time, I stalled my cleaning until last Nov 2020; it was then the dentist found 3 of my teeth on the lower right were demineralized, 1 with a breach deep enough to warrant a filling. Wish I had known then about Admira Fusion. He doesnt advertise as *holistic* but its possible he may have used the same material-- I will ask him. And going forward, a good thing to know about!

mrchibbs

The dentin can heal and regrow itself so long as it is kept clean. This is where daily oil pulling with antibacterial essential oils dissolved in coconut oil comes handy, as the process will gradually drain the cavities of the infection. After a few months on this regimen all your decay should be gone.

Although it has bee known in India for thousands of years, now there is a good amount of research showing how valuable oil pulling with coconut oil is. I agree with you, and Dr. Judene Benoit mentions a few of these natural products one can use on a daily basis to assist oral health. I personally use coconut oil + a few drops of clove oil as a daily oil pullng habit.

TheSir

Although it has bee known in India for thousands of years, now there is a good amount of research showing how valuable oil pulling with coconut oil is. I agree with you, and Dr. Judene Benoit mentions a few of these natural products one can use on a daily basis to assist oral health. I personally use coconut oil + a few drops of clove oil as a daily oil pullng habit.
Ha, the clove bud oil is potent stuff, I can only dose 3 drops per a teaspoon of coconut oil before the mouth starts to feel uncomfortable. Peppermint oil I can easily dose 5-10 drops.

xborg

If the goal is to drain infection then ClO2 dissolved in water or 60 second treatments with oral O3 would accomplish that phase much faster.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals