The Best Way To Approach Wisdom Teeth

Josh

Hey guys, i posted a month or so ago about dental pain from wisdom teeth coming through (I think it was from that anyway)..
Well i went to the dentist then and they could see that it looked like there was an infection in my gum that was right next to where the wisdom tooth is coming out (Looked yellow and raised etc) SO they gave me antibiotics for a week and then the pain went and have not experienced pain now since then, but looking inside my mouth with a flash light now, the gum looks the same as what dentist called an infection back a month ago..

Now my guess is i'm getting re-occuring infections from the wisdom teeth trying to grow through? (At the moment, in terms of pain i would say the wisdom teeth and both sides are not 100%, looks like their poking out in weird ways and they do cause some pain, overall pain is not an issue now, but i do get fatigue etc which could be coming from the infection 'if i even have one'..)

So what should i do? Go back to the dentist? Get wisdom teeth pulled out? is there anything wrong with getting wisdom teeth pulled out?

Or does anyone know what i can do to kill infection in mouth? What are best things to kill infection and swill around mouth? Something powerful?

Thanks Guys!!!

Nokoni

You can use chlorine dioxide to achieve a sterile mouth. I rinse, floss, and brush with it every day and have gotten good results. As a bonus it whitens the teeth too. It's a hassle because you've got to mix it daily (I actually mix every other day), but to me it's worth it. Good luck.

artemis

The best way to approach wisdom teeth? You just walk right up to them and start talking! Just be yourself.

heehee, sorry, couldn't resist a little fun.

But to answer your question: Yes, you should go back to the dentist, and no, there's nothing wrong with getting your wisdom teeth out. Sounds like yours are gonna be nothing but trouble. The infection can spread, which would be bad news indeed, especially if it gets into your bloodstream. So go get them out already!

OP
J

Josh

The best way to approach wisdom teeth? You just walk right up to them and start talking! Just be yourself.

heehee, sorry, couldn't resist a little fun.

But to answer your question: Yes, you should go back to the dentist, and no, there's nothing wrong with getting your wisdom teeth out. Sounds like yours are gonna be nothing but trouble. The infection can spread, which would be bad news indeed, especially if it gets into your bloodstream. So go get them out already!
Haha that was good.. thanks for the help!

brix

Get them removed while you can. Almost 30 now and avoided it and regret it. I have crowding in my lower front teeth and random jaw pain. Mine are all impacted so they will never emerge on their own.

ShotTrue

From what I understand based on the Dr.John Mew ideology on teeth, your jaw should be developed wide enough and outward enough to fit the wisdom teeth and all teeth without crowding.

Gadsie

Yeah get them out. You’re 20 so you’ll heal fast. I’m 21 and got them out a few months ago. It sucks for a few days but it’s not too bad. I don’t know where you live in the world but I recommend local anaesthesia and get it done but an oral surgeon, not a dentist.

Gadsie

From what I understand based on the Dr.John Mew ideology on teeth, your jaw should be developed wide enough and outward enough to fit the wisdom teeth and all teeth without crowding.
Yeah it should be. Unfortunately you can’t change it enough anymore when you’re in or out of puberty. So getting it out is the best available option

jet9

As others said remove them asap.
I am 30+ and still have, will try to get them removed this year. Regret not doing it sooner.

Gadsie

As others said remove them asap.
I am 30+ and still have, will try to get them removed this year. Regret not doing it sooner.

The younger the better of course, but you will be fine at 30. Healing will be a bit slower. The main risk is infection. Use chlorohexidine mouthwash until you're almost healed. Use an oral syringe to squirt salt water and chlorohexidine into gum pockets your toothbrush can't reach.

ShotTrue

Yeah it should be. Unfortunately you can’t change it enough anymore when you’re in or out of puberty. So getting it out is the best available option
That’s not true, it’s changeable after puberty and as I’m aware there are no growth plates in the jaw

ShotTrue

We have a whole thread on Vit K widening the face but let’s surgically remove teeth as the first choice

Gadsie

That’s not true, it’s changeable after puberty and as I’m aware there are no growth plates in the jaw
It might be changeable, but I'm quite sure not enough to fit entire wisdom teeth, especially if they're completely lacking in space.

SQu

What are the x-ray issues around wisdom teeth removal? I've already been told about a panoramic x-ray which is concerning ... Sounds like a bigger "better" X-ray with more radiation? And might there be more x-rays around the time of the surgery?

Collden

I concur with ShotTrue, orthodontic dogma is that wisdom teeth that are not properly aligned will always cause problems, ergo they routinely remove anything that doesn't look perfect as soon as detected, so we're really seriously lacking data on the ability of impacted wisdom teeth to spontaneously grow into alignment, although there are case studies of that happening. I seem to remember some study arguing that it was even normal for wisdom teeth to appear impacted as they grow into place.

Personally I kept all my wisdom teeth, including two that are impacted and not yet erupted, they occasionally give me some growing pains but these have always passed away so I dont worry about it giving me lasting issues, the jaw can adapt if necessary, and likely wisdom teeth erupting is one of those things that can trigger accommodative growth of the jaw.

Collden

Case in point

The Prophylactic Extraction of Third Molars: A Public Health Hazard
" In fact, 50% of upper third molars classified as impactions are normally developing teeth, most of which will erupt with minimal discomfort if not extracted prematurely. Only 12% of truly impacted teeth are associated with pathological conditions such as cysts and damage to adjacent teeth.3,4Most discomfort of erupting wisdom teeth is equivalent to teething and disappears on full eruption."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals