Infection In Jaw Bone: Anything To Try Beside The Red Light?

DesertRat

I'm using the red/orange lights on my jaw bone daily, sometimes 2x a day but I still have an infection under the molar where I had a root canal. The red light used to create some inflammation that led to a dull ache in the tooth and jaw, but now when I use it I don't feel much of anything later in the day. Still the tooth is sensitive to touch and pressure, although the pain has diminished significantly from when July when it was done..

The medical folks are divided as always. The endodontist says I need to get the roo
t canal done over and that by removing all the bacteria in the canals, the jaw will heal itself. The regular dentist put in an old medicine (Iodoform -- an iodine formic acid) without telling me, and a bit of it is still there - it supposedly 'kills' the bacteria; the dentist who did this says to wait another month or two. The regular holistic doctor says the holistic dentists say the tooth has to be pulled, and that living with a chronic low grade infectino in the bone is going to make my fatigue worse and compromise my healing. I have to admit that I don't have much faith in any of them... they have not been good guides on my healing journey.

I don't know what to do at this point. It's not just the expense of a root canal or implant or fixed bridge, it's also that I believe there MUST be something else I can try in addition to the red light. Asing hive brain to direct me to them.

Just as an example, when I was sick with Lyme disease but undiagnosed, I heard a talk by Robert Beck and ended up buying equipment for blood purification that he recommended .. and within a year of using it I had recovered.

zewe

I've used colloidal silver with great sucess...you can just hold it in your mouth, around affected area....will get in your bloodstream through thin tissues in mouth.

It's the only antibiotic I'll use since I used to get strep throat all the time....that was 24 years since I had a throat infection...I think I was prone to strep from having scarlett fever as a child.

Anyway, it's specific to about 650 organisms. Some will warn against it but I always keep it around for family and pets.

Meso silver has the highest ppm integrity that I've found.

OP
D

DesertRat

Thanks zewe! I will look for that online. I used to use it pretty often (it was part of the Beck protocol).

Dave Clark

Many bio-dentists use ozone in their practice for preventing /killing infections. You could use ozone at home. An inexpensive ozone generator can be had to make ozonated water which would be good to rinse the mouth with. Ozone therapy using medical grade ozone would help kill infection systemically. I like Promolife for my ozone supplies, plus their customer support is great for newbie as well as veteran ozone users. Ozone Therapy - Ozone Dentistry - Promolife

OP
D

DesertRat

I forgot to add that, on my doctor's advice, I have been getting weakly injections of ozone into the gum on both sides of that tooth! I don't know if it's helped or not. It's painful enough :( Suppoedly HBOT is supposed to help but I worry about it because it worsesn cataracts and I have one starting.
Many bio-dentists use ozone in their practice for preventing /killing infections. You could use ozone at home. An inexpensive ozone generator can be had to make ozonated water which would be good to rinse the mouth with. Ozone therapy using medical grade ozone would help kill infection systemically. I like Promolife for my ozone supplies, plus their customer support is great for newbie as well as veteran ozone users. Ozone Therapy - Ozone Dentistry - Promolife
Ironic, I sold all that stuff before we left for Italy. But thanks you are giving me ideas.

OP
D

DesertRat

Silver is highly toxic. I would first try iodine, which is safe when used temporarily. I would not swallow it if I can avoid it. But it's not dangerous.
Iodine isn't toxic to the thyroid if you get too much? I used to take it on the skin, watching how quickly it was absorbed. When the dentist put Iodoform (iodine + formic acid) into the tooth and some is still there, so I don't think I'll go this way. I am not keen on silver either, at least not for something internal that it won't easily reach. I have to find something that can penetrate through the blood supply of the gums and actually reach the bone. And I am thinking that by alternating ice, heat, and red light I might speed up the circulation into that area.

Lilac

I am dealing with a root canal'd molar and mild throbbing--sometimes it is present; sometimes it disappears. I have found oysters (zinc) helpful. Maybe try liver for a few days in a row (per a Peat anecdote about a friend with a chronic urinary tract infection)?

If I ever get to the point of having to visit a dentist and can't avoid an X-ray, I will have the tooth pulled. Then I will see if I can live with the missing tooth--no replacement. It's toward the back, so hopefully will not be noticeable.

Hugh Johnson

Iodine isn't toxic to the thyroid if you get too much? I used to take it on the skin, watching how quickly it was absorbed. When the dentist put Iodoform (iodine + formic acid) into the tooth and some is still there, so I don't think I'll go this way. I am not keen on silver either, at least not for something internal that it won't easily reach. I have to find something that can penetrate through the blood supply of the gums and actually reach the bone. And I am thinking that by alternating ice, heat, and red light I might speed up the circulation into that area.
Well, yes. But not in the short term. It is used safely for short while to protect from radiation or as an antibiotic.

OP
D

DesertRat

Thanks Hugh Johnson. There is still some Iodoform visible at the apex of one of the canals. There was a larger blob of it 2 months ago so it has been mostly absorbed. So you would put a drop of potassium iodide (or some other form of it) over the gum by that tooth?

OP
D

DesertRat

I am dealing with a root canal'd molar and mild throbbing--sometimes it is present; sometimes it disappears. I have found oysters (zinc) helpful. Maybe try liver for a few days in a row (per a Peat anecdote about a friend with a chronic urinary tract infection)?

If I ever get to the point of having to visit a dentist and can't avoid an X-ray, I will have the tooth pulled. Then I will see if I can live with the missing tooth--no replacement. It's toward the back, so hopefully will not be noticeable.
Lilac, I thought I'd share that there is a website from a group of dentists using calcium products (Calcium and Zinc) to rebuild the bone and they supposedly first developed their technique and products with root canal problems. Here is the page: Calcium Therapy Institute for dental disease education, prevention, and materials to heal!
I realize now that I ran out of Vitamin K a few months ago (or I thought I had so I recently ordered some) but a few days ago I found the good quality stuff from health Natura unopened in my cabinet. Now I think that swishing with Ca eggshell powder and taking the D and K could really be the best solution.
Plus my dentist says he doesn't think it is an infection, just an irritation from the Iodoformica.

yerrag

Vitamin C megadosing worked for me. I went to my dentist last year to have a filling repaired. It turned out that I had a large cavity but I wasn't feeling much pain. I told the dentist I was taking plenty of vitamin C, and he thinks that was what helped me not feel the pain associated with a cavity that size.

I'm not sure how it help you though, as you already are experiencing the pain.

Luann

I am worried my jaw pain could be infection from an exposed tooth root.
But, since I had cavities filled last week, it could also be my bite adjusting to the fillings.
Wish I knew a dentist that could dx me without x-rays!

I had good results recently with eliminating tooth pain. I swished a combination of water with clove oil and dmso and xylitol, after a few days the pain did not come back.

Makrosky

living with a chronic low grade infectino in the bone is going to make my fatigue worse and compromise my healing.
That is for sure. I once had a similar infection to yours and it made me extremely depressed, one of the worst times of my life. It is pure poison.

And probably will eat up bone so you will have problems if you decide to put an implant there.

It took some antibiotics, killed the infection, pulled the teeth and put a zirconium implant. So far so good. The teeth was root canaled 10 years before so I didn't feel very bad about pulling it out, root canals seem to be very prone to chronic infections that are not always easily detected.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals