Re-infected Root Canal

Bluemachine

I have been having some bad pain recently in and around a tooth I had root canal surgery on a couple of years ago. I'm assuming there is still some infection present so I plan to go and get the tooth out ASAP. Is there anything I can do in the meantime to prevent spread of infection or any other potential problem until I can get to a dentist?

Also if anyone has any advice on things to request from the dentist when getting tooth pulled (antibiotics, avoiding x ray etc.) & ways to mitigate stress during the procedure that would be great.

Lejeboca

I have been having some bad pain recently in and around a tooth I had root canal surgery on a couple of years ago. I'm assuming there is still some infection present so I plan to go and get the tooth out ASAP. Is there anything I can do in the meantime to prevent spread of infection or any other potential problem until I can get to a dentist?

methylene blue, aspirin, propolis extract work well for me to prevent spread and decrease flair up. I make compresses with them and apply to the tooth either for the night. Rinses should work too.

Michael Mohn

Keep the tooth! I had 3 root canal treatments on some teeth, it's a tricky procedure but a dead tooth is better then an implant or bridges. Find a better dentist.

Michael Mohn

Strong difficult to locate tooth pain often comes from inflamed gums. Find a good dentist and have im check you thoroughly without bias towards a diagnosis.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
A dental surgeon can cap the tips of the root canal treated teeth. You can try ‘MMS’, which is chlorine dioxide but even Jim Humble states that chlorine dioxide will not get into a dead tooth. But it can help to keep the infection at bay. Bacteria from root canal treated teeth can cause arthritis, heart disease, stomach ulcers, and who knows what. I am taking MMS daily also as a preventative measure against Covid. Then I take Zeta Aid, which charges up the blood so the blood particles, including harmful bacteria, can’t form biofilms on the arterial walls or in heart valves.

I have Thomas M. Riddick’s book as a PDF, he discovered the relationship between heart disease and the Zeta Potential of the blood. Let me know if you are interested.

BearWithMe

Salt, baking soda, methylene blue or chlorine dioxie will do nothing for infected tooth. Neither will do any "natural" antibiotic, essential oil, oil pulling... Been there, done that, suffered two years, tried it all.

Only thing that helps is strong antibiotic that penetrates the bones very well (amoxicillin) and then have the root canal re-done properly.

Agreed on that proper root canal is always better than extraction.

TheSir

I disagree. Leaving a dead tooth in place will forever keep you from reaching a certain higher level of health, and pose a continuous risk of infection. Achieving optimal level of cellular oxygenation is not possible with root canals or implants, because after a specific threshold the immune system will begin to try to reject those, and until they are fully expulsed out of the system, further advancements will not be made.

BearWithMe

I disagree. Leaving a dead tooth in place will forever keep you from reaching a certain higher level of health, and pose a continuous risk of infection. Achieving optimal level of cellular oxygenation is not possible with root canals or implants, because after a specific threshold the immune system will begin to try to reject those, and until they are fully expulsed out of the system, further advancements will not be made.
Properly done root canal poses absolutely neglible risk of infection. Lower risk than implants. It is very hard to find a dentist that can do proper root canals, though.

Last edited:

Ihor

Salt, baking soda, methylene blue or chlorine dioxie will do nothing for infected tooth. Neither will do any "natural" antibiotic, essential oil, oil pulling... Been there, done that, suffered two years, tried it all.

Only thing that helps is strong antibiotic that penetrates the bones very well (amoxicillin) and then have the root canal re-done properly.

What dose, how often and how long have you taken amoxicillin? Did it take any side effects? I think I have a dental infection and I want to see if there will be any improvement from amoxicillin, "traditional methods" and conventional peat antibiotics also don't work.

5a-DHP

What evidence are you basing those claims on? Peat would disagree — from the email exchange:
"I think filling a cavity soon is best, and with care the pulp can often be preserved, but a root filling is better than extraction; the material used for a root filling doesn't matter much, if calcium oxide is used at the end."

Given Peat's emphasis on metabolism, he wouldn't recommend a root canal over extraction if the former was able to inhibit a person reaching optimal health.

BearWithMe

What dose, how often and how long have you taken amoxicillin? Did it take any side effects? I think I have a dental infection and I want to see if there will be any improvement from amoxicillin, "traditional methods" and conventional peat antibiotics also don't work.
What did you took? Doxy/tetracyclines doesn't penetrate the bones very well and they might actually be bad for the teeth.

I took 1000mg two times a day, a week prior and a week after the root canal procedure. I was symptom-free on the third day but kept on taking it. No side effects for me, maybe a bit of a diarrhea on the first day, but nothing really bad.

What are your symptoms by the way?

BearWithMe

What evidence are you basing those claims on? Peat would disagree — from the email exchange:
"I think filling a cavity soon is best, and with care the pulp can often be preserved, but a root filling is better than extraction; the material used for a root filling doesn't matter much, if calcium oxide is used at the end."

Given Peat's emphasis on metabolism, he wouldn't recommend a root canal over extraction if the former was able to inhibit a person reaching optimal health.
These claims are usually based on the books of JD Levy. The same guy, who wrote a 500-page book called "Death by Calcium", in which he says that we should avoid calcium intake at all costs, because "the regular intake of dairy and calcium supplementation promotes all known chronic degenerative diseases and significantly shortens life".

Go figure out...

TheSir

Yes I am familiar with Peat's view. I'm not sure he fully appreciates the consequences of keeping a dead teeth around. Which is not surprising, since those consequences are neither dramatic nor metabolically compromising unless one is seeking very high levels of health. The dead teeth is potentially seen as a foreign object by the body, which will cause an immune reaction, but at the same time the immune system will be unable to do anything about it. This then results in a health plateau.

BearWithMe

Yes I am familiar with Peat's view. I'm not sure he fully appreciates the consequences of keeping a dead teeth around. Which is not surprising, since those consequences are neither dramatic nor metabolically compromising unless one is seeking very high levels of health. The dead teeth is potentially seen as a foreign object by the body, which will cause an immune reaction, but at the same time the immune system will be unable to do anything about it. This then results in a health plateau.
Do you have any study backing your claims? If yes, please link it

TheSir

Do you have any study backing your claims? If yes, please link it
Not sure, it's quite a fringe topic. The issue was talked about either in Buteyko's Moscow lecture or one of Artour Rakhimov's books. It was not just about root canals either, for example metal plates or screws in bone will eventually be rejected by the body too.

Ihor

What did you took? Doxy/tetracyclines doesn't penetrate the bones very well and they might actually be bad for the teeth.

I took 1000mg two times a day, a week prior and a week after the root canal procedure. I was symptom-free on the third day but kept on taking it. No side effects for me, maybe a bit of a diarrhea on the first day, but nothing really bad.

What are your symptoms by the way?
I tried tetracycline, minocycline, doxycycline, lincomycin, azithromycin. I have 3 wisdom teeth left, they grow a little at an angle, resting on the adjacent teeth, one has already been removed.

My symptoms are nearly chronic sinus problems, dandruff, mental fog, chronic fatigue. Several years ago, when I first took tetracycline, I felt for a short time a sharp improvement in brain fog and chronic fatigue, almost a spiritual experience, other subsequent antibiotics did not improve anything.
From this list, nothing seems to penetrate the bone well enough.

BearWithMe

I tried tetracycline, minocycline, doxycycline, lincomycin, azithromycin. I have 3 wisdom teeth left, they grow a little at an angle, resting on the adjacent teeth, one has already been removed.

My symptoms are nearly chronic sinus problems, dandruff, mental fog, chronic fatigue. Several years ago, when I first took tetracycline, I felt for a short time a sharp improvement in brain fog and chronic fatigue, almost a spiritual experience, other subsequent antibiotics did not improve anything.
From this list, nothing seems to penetrate the bone well enough.
Why do you think this is dental infection? I'm not saying it is not, I'm just curious what pointed you in that direction.

Beside the obvious tooth pain, my symptoms were pretty much the same, by the way.

Ihor

Why do you think this is dental infection? I'm not saying it is not, I'm just curious what pointed you in that direction.

Beside the obvious tooth pain, my symptoms were pretty much the same, by the way.
It seems that damage has occurred under the gums at the place of contact of the wisdom teeth with the adjacent teeth and an infection has developed, as evidenced by chronic discharge from the nose, also there, in place of the sinuses, my skin always peels off, there are still slightly swollen submandibular lymph nodes.
Once I tried to hold crushed garlic on the gums of those teeth, just to see what happens, it feels unpleasant, but for a while I got free breathing through my nose. I also had an X-ray of my sinuses, the doctor said that he hadn't seen anything wrong there. More anecdotal cases, but I just look at it and it seems to me that the teeth give a bigger self-sustaining infection than for example a sinus infection. I also want to check the reaction to amoxicillin.
Is your improvement after amoxicillin still there?

BearWithMe

My teeth has been good since then, but I doubt the amoxicillin alone would fix it permanently, getting the root canal redone was important part of this.

But keep in mind that my tooth was in extremely bad condition, the cavity was huge. If you have just mild infection, the amoxicillin alone and some lifestyle changes might work long term.

Wish you the best luck with the amoxicillin, hope it will help you fix your health issues. Keep us posted about your progress!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals