Nail Infection Red Light? Need Help!

Soren

Forum Supporter
Hey Guys. I have managed to pick up a finger nail infection over the past week. At first I thought it would just go away with cleanliness but it appears to have got worse. I went to the doctor yesterday and he gave me a shot of antibiotics and that seemed to do the trick but when I woke up this morning it was worse. I just had another shot and he told me to come in for another shot this afternoon. He says that if it doesn't get better soon he is going to have to cut away the infected tissue. Which is something I'd rather avoid as according to him it will be quite painful.

I was wondering if Red Light therapy might have a beneficial effect on the infection. I know it works against viral infections and fungus but I do not know much with regards to bacteria. I know blue light is effective against bacteria but I am worried that red light might make it worse.

Does anyone have any knowledge if Red Light somehow might actually help bacteria rather than hurt it?

Also if anyone else has any other advice on how to fight a nail bacterial/fungal nail infection or an infection in general that would be great.

Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Side note. I just found this study that found that LLLT was good for some bacteria and bad for others.

"LLLT effects varied significantly with species. P.aeruginosa growth decreased overall dependent on an interaction of irradiance and radiant exposure; greatest inhibition was produced using high irradiance delivering radiant exposures in the range of 1-20 J/cm2 (p = 0.001-0.04). In contrast, E. coli growth increased overall (p = 0.01), regardless of irradiance; greatest effects were produced using low radiant exposures (1-20 J/cm2)."

Given that the type of bacteria present in nail infections is often E. coli and I used red light therapy a lot before going to the doctor and it got worse not better, I think I'm going to hold off on the red light.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter

Maybe this could be of help, Ray talking about athletes foot.

Thanks for that. But does the sulfur recommendation only apply for fungal infections or bacterial also? This might be fungal but this type of infection is typically bacterial.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Anyone have any thoughts on possibly using blue light to kill bacteria. Any studies anyone could link? Thanks.

no just use red light.

also soak it in salt water with sugar in it. Maybe some methylene blue added to the water. Progesterone and DHEA might be good too.

and take 400mg of riboflavin per day as a systemic antibioit.c

I personally wouldn't get those antibiotic injections, but that is just me.

ander454

Yeah, I struggle with it. Had it on my pinky but eventually got rid of it through better diet and metabolism. It just went away. My toenail fungus though is here to stay. I've tried everything.... everything you can ever google... Nothing has cured the toenail fungus. If I was retired and had nothing to do I'm sure I'd get it solved, but I'm just too busy to fully cure it. However, this is one of the most creative solutions that I found that really starts kicking the nail fungus butt:

http://pythium-oligandrum.owndoc.com/

Only issue is I don't know how to culture this vampire fungus (thoughts?) so I just have to keep buying more of it to keep up the progress. But with just a finger you should be able to stretch the supply effectively for a couple months. Just wrap your finger in water tight plastic when you go to bed at night and let the vampires do the work...

ander454

Sorry, I'm just so fascinated by foot fungus... I'm convinced its an internal problem (metabolism-related). My wife and I have shared the same bathtub for 10 years and we hardly ever clean it. She's NEVER EVER got even the slightest fungal infection on her feet. Her feet are pristine. I don't get it! Other people seem to pick it up like instantly and then carry the burden forever. I'm convinced you can't try to avoid contact. Fungus is everywhere its impossible to stop coming in contact with it. Gotta keep metabolism up. Niacinimide and thyroid supps helps keep my atheletes foot cured. Now I just need to get my toenail fungus cured. I cured my big toenail fungus last year when I accidently smashed it and it fell off... Seems to be about the only thing that works (-: But since then I improved my thyroid and diet there is no fungus coming back in the new big toenail. So, you gotta fix the internal problem first, else it will just come back (my humble opinion).

jyb

Fungus is everywhere its impossible to stop coming in contact with it. .

This is true for so many things, not just fungus. Notice how weak or older people die of pneumonia? The bacteria is everywhere even in hospitals, but you only notice it when your health is bad to begin with.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Had six antibiotic injections in total and used a bunch of blue light. Infection seems to have healed up now. Doctor said the infection was septic.

Does anyone know what Ray's opinions are on antibiotic injections are? I've heard discussion on these forums about the use of antibiotics for a sterile gut so my instinct is that he would think that antibiotics for other purposes would be fine.

If it was fungus then antibiotics wouldn't work.

I find riboflavin kills bacterial problems when taken in sufficient quantity orally with very few side effects.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals