Is there an advantage to incandescent light over red light ? Dr. Peat seems to always recommend incandescent light

JamesGatz

I see that near-infrared light (incandescent light or light that is warm-colored - more orange/yellow light) is usually recommended over red light - does anyone know the specific reason for this ?

I feel a metabolic boost from red light but I also feel like I get stressed - I know that stress can be caused by boosting metabolism when there is not enough fuel but even when i have a full stomach the same thing happens

I feel like with red light I get a :
metabolic boost + with some type of stress response (possibly serotonergic)

With incandescent light - light that is more orange or near-infrared spectrum :
metabolic boost + but I still feel relaxed - no type of stress response whatsoever

Is red light slightly stressful or is there another reason ?

1593584943_untitled-design-2020-07-01t115853.231.jpg
HTB1SPk6XYsTMeJjSszgq6ycpFXaJ.jpg

the-visible-light-spectrum-2699036_FINAL2-c0b0ee6f82764efdb62a1af9b9525050.png

Last edited:

Dre

This is my setup, I made it yesterday (put them on rails so they can go all over the room wherever i need them).

IMG_9478.JPG

Still need to cut the cables, take down the chandelier and reroute them to the powersource above so it looks nice and clean.
Also gotta make the lamps adjustable in height (its doable right now but its a pain)

Anyway I bought these bulbs - PROMIENNIK PODCZERWIENI BIAŁY IR2 250W , żarówka w szkle twardym (u can use google translate or whatever).

I am simply too low iq to understand how incadescent light bulbs work, I popped them an email asking what wave lengths these emit and they said 1200-1400.
But then my nephew said that incandescent light bulbs emit a wide range of light and the beneficial red light waves are there.

I dont trust him for some reason...

These light bulbs seem similar to the ones Danny shows in his video

View: https://youtu.be/4usXJDiSwMw

I checked them out and they also dont specify a wave length
Can someone pill me on incandescent light bulbs and whether I have to buy different ones?

Thanks.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

I was thinking about this just the other day for paint colors in rooms - I do think there is an effect these colors have on our bain/metabolism that may be subtle but definitely there

Apparently wavelengths over 700 nm can be harmful when used alone
Ah this is really helpful and seems to be my experience when using this color over 700 nm

This is my setup, I made it yesterday (put them on rails so they can go all over the room wherever i need them).

View attachment 31164

Still need to cut the cables, take down the chandelier and reroute them to the powersource above so it looks nice and clean.
Also gotta make the lamps adjustable in height (its doable right now but its a pain)

Anyway I bought these bulbs - PROMIENNIK PODCZERWIENI BIAŁY IR2 250W , żarówka w szkle twardym (u can use google translate or whatever).

I am simply too low iq to understand how incadescent light bulbs work, I popped them an email asking what wave lengths these emit and they said 1200-1400.
But then my nephew said that incandescent light bulbs emit a wide range of light and the beneficial red light waves are there.

I dont trust him for some reason...

These light bulbs seem similar to the ones Danny shows in his video

View: https://youtu.be/4usXJDiSwMw

I checked them out and they also dont specify a wave length
Can someone pill me on incandescent light bulbs and whether I have to buy different ones?

Thanks.

Mine look almost the same - I do think our bodies usually instinctively tell which light is best - When I was using weaker incandescent I wasn't fond of the feeling and I noticed the light was more white - When I was using red I felt a little stressed that never happened with orange/yellow - I do feel best with mood and metabolism my orange/yellow light my current incandescent give off

Last edited:

Dre

I was thinking about this just the other day for paint colors in rooms - I do think there is an effect these colors have on our bain/metabolism that may be subtle but definitely there

Ah this is really help

Mine look almost the same - I do think our bodies usually instinctively tell which light is best - When I was using weaker incandescent I wasn't fond of the feeling and I noticed the light was more white - When I was using red I felt a little stressed that never happened with orange/yellow - I do feel best with mood and metabolism my orange/yellow light my current incandescent give off
My problem is that I dont have anything to compare it to, so I have to do autistic research instead of doing it by feel alone.

Logan-

Kris

I have red light always next to me. What is wrong with strong yellow LED light? I think it is just fine.

Attachments

• 20211210_075416.jpg
    20211210_075416.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 42

miquelangeles

I see that near-infrared light (incandescent light or light that is warm-colored - more orange/yellow light) is usually recommended over red light - does anyone know the specific reason for this ?

I feel a metabolic boost from red light but I also feel like I get stressed - I know that stress can be caused by boosting metabolism when there is not enough fuel but even when i have a full stomach the same thing happens

I feel like with red light I get a :
metabolic boost + with some type of stress response (possibly serotonergic)

With incandescent light - light that is more orange or near-infrared spectrum :
metabolic boost + but I still feel relaxed - no type of stress response whatsoever

Is red light slightly stressful or is there another reason ?

View attachment 31145View attachment 31146

View attachment 31147

There are studies going back to early 1930's showing that red light is a powerful metabolic booster and that it requires adequate nutrition.
It induces spermatogenesis and increases reproductive capacity outside the normal seasons (even in winter temperatures when testes are normally at their minimum activity), but the effect is cancelled when animals are on restricted diets.
Male ducks exposed to red light 5 hrs per day for 45 days have a 16-fold enlargement of the testicles, and 6-fold from orange light.
Green light was found to cause reduction in testicle size and activity.
I also feel better with incandescent, but I use both. Red light only at night.
Have you tried full body exposure at close distance (2-3 ft) to several incandescent bulbs (at least 600-900w combined)?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals