Nail Psoriasis

churchmouth

Hi,

Has anyone got tips, stories or clues about nail psoriasis. Or advice from a peat perspective?

I'm 28 and 7 of my 20 digits are affected.

How did I get them? A history of picking nails probably inducing damage and worsening due to chronic trimming them back when I thought they were a fungus infection. Multiple lab tests confirmed fungus is not present. Poor circulation to my digits and cold.

The nails go white and crumbly as they grow towards the end of the finger/toe, and the plate underneath is horribly thickened on most of them and worsening.

To be honest it affects my life the most, far beyond my acne.. I long to be free to strut my feet out in the sun with friends.

I was hoping increasing my extremities temperatures and thus circulation would help. I do suspect my nails in quite a damaged situation / inflammation cycle that maybe can't recover.

Regards

CM

DesertRat

Also would like to see who has benefited from Peaty perspective re psoriasis. Mine has not improved much. It waxes and wanes; I can never figure out what causes it to worsen nor what to improve.

"Paul Yamauchi, MD, PhD, clinical assistant professor of dermatology at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, said the researchers may have made an important discovery. “Even though psoriasis was not tested,” he said, “the same immune pathways that trigger psoriasis were stimulated by the high-salt diet.”

The high-salt diet the mice were fed stimulated a type of white blood cells — T-cells called Th17 cells. “It has been clearly shown that Th17 cells trigger psoriasis,” Dr. Yamauchi said. That’s why some of the drugs that have been developed to treat psoriasis, such as the biologic Stelara (ustekinumab), target the pathways driven by Th17 cells. Yamauchi noted that new biologics are in the pipeline for psoriasis that also target the Th17 pathway.

Even though the Nature study was conducted with mice, Yamauchi believes the findings were significant enough to recommend to his psoriasis patients that they lower their salt intake. “And for people with a family history of psoriasis, I will tell them also to reduce their salt intake to prevent occurrence of psoriasis,” he said."

Im also sure of it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals