The Best Way To Approach Wisdom Teeth

ShotTrue

Case in point

The Prophylactic Extraction of Third Molars: A Public Health Hazard
" In fact, 50% of upper third molars classified as impactions are normally developing teeth, most of which will erupt with minimal discomfort if not extracted prematurely. Only 12% of truly impacted teeth are associated with pathological conditions such as cysts and damage to adjacent teeth.3,4Most discomfort of erupting wisdom teeth is equivalent to teething and disappears on full eruption."
Wow very good work.
Yes I have growing pains as my wisdom teeth protrude through the gums, I think it's only natural of bone growth or passing through the gums. Infection is a different case, from my experience my wisdom teeth growing vertically out the gums didn't cause that

Gadsie

I do agree that many wisdom teeth are unnecessarily taken out. If a tooth is coming out vertically without major space deficiencies it should be left. “Hard to clean” is an absurd reason to take it out. Just make sure you keep the area the clean and it should be fine. In my case however, my bottom wisdom teeth were completely horizontal, like completely flat. The dentist said it doesn’t have to cause trouble, but there was already minor inflammation going on so I decided to play it safe and take them out young. I didn’t see those teeth suddenly flipping 90 degrees.

milk_lover

My left cheek is inflamed due to impacted bottom wisdom tooth. We took an x-ray image and the tooth seems that it has fully erupted but there is a bad tooth decay and he said it's a dead tooth causing all sort of problems. What do you think I should do about it? The doctor already booked an appointment with him for the surgery tomorrow but I am not sure. @Gadsie and @ShotTrue maybe you can give me your opinions about this. He thinks the decay is what it causing this inflammation and pus all over the left side of my jaw. This has been an issue for me for a year now and no matter what I do the inflammation keeps coming back. Is it dangerous to remove a wisdom tooth?

InChristAlone

I left mine and they slowly but surely came in well past the age of 20. The top two are not completely in and have caused some inflammation from trapped food but putting some peroxide on it always resolved it and now it rarly happens. The bottom two are completely in but one of them was caught behind the corner gum and now has a huge hole in it. I had to pick food out of it. I think I waited too long to get that one removed I just hate the dentist. There was no way to get them to just fill it as most dentists think they are useless. Now I will have to.

But case in point they can come in and your jaw can accommodate up to a point past the age of 20. I was 30 by the time all were in.

ShotTrue

My left cheek is inflamed due to impacted bottom wisdom tooth. We took an x-ray image and the tooth seems that it has fully erupted but there is a bad tooth decay and he said it's a dead tooth causing all sort of problems. What do you think I should do about it? The doctor already booked an appointment with him for the surgery tomorrow but I am not sure. @Gadsie and @ShotTrue maybe you can give me your opinions about this. He thinks the decay is what it causing this inflammation and pus all over the left side of my jaw. This has been an issue for me for a year now and no matter what I do the inflammation keeps coming back. Is it dangerous to remove a wisdom tooth?
I don't think it's necessarily dangerous. It's just having less teeth. I wonder why the tooth is dead, of course you can't replace the tooth but if trying to remineralize it isn't helping you can probably remove it without future harm. Your jawline may become less aesthetic I've heard

milk_lover

I don't think it's necessarily dangerous. It's just having less teeth. I wonder why the tooth is dead, of course you can't replace the tooth but if trying to remineralize it isn't helping you can probably remove it without future harm. Your jawline may become less aesthetic I've heard
He said the bacteria has caused the decay because it's very difficult for me to reach there and clean it. There is a missing spot on the surface of the tooth. In the X-ray image, the decay seems to be inside the tooth. I think me neglecting to brush my teeth especially in that area is what caused this issue because I was scared cleaning it will cause further pain in the impacted tooth.

I don't know how my jawline will look like after the surgery but I thought the bone is already there why would the extraction makes the bone smaller?

ShotTrue

He said the bacteria has caused the decay because it's very difficult for me to reach there and clean it. There is a missing spot on the surface of the tooth. In the X-ray image, the decay seems to be inside the tooth. I think me neglecting to brush my teeth especially in that area is what caused this issue because I was scared cleaning it will cause further pain in the impacted tooth.

I don't know how my jawline will look like after the surgery but I thought the bone is already there why would the extraction makes the bone smaller?
That's what other people have said. There aren't growth plates in the jaw so it's highly morphable, without the tooth there isn't a reason for the jaw to expand as wide

papaya

You can use chlorine dioxide to achieve a sterile mouth. I rinse, floss, and brush with it every day and have gotten good results. As a bonus it whitens the teeth too. It's a hassle because you've got to mix it daily (I actually mix every other day), but to me it's worth it. Good luck.
is there a reason you don't just use closys?

Nokoni

is there a reason you don't just use closys?
Not really. I bought the ClO2 for other purposes which didn't work out. So I started using it for oral health. Eventually discovered Closys and bought some for my family but I haven't used it myself yet so I'm still a little hesitant to recommend it. Does it work as well as ClO2?

Nokoni

Please let me amend my previous post for any readers that happen by. I've become convinced that Closys is not actually chlorine dioxide in any way, and that their assertion that it is "stabilized" chlorine dioxide is just routine commercial dissembling. It's probably just sodium chlorite. (Note that sodium chlorite also has some antibiotic activity, but not within a mile of chlorine dioxide. By comparison to Closys, Listerine or any other alcohol-based mouthwash probably works as well or better.) But there is a commercial chlorine dioxide product that is much easier to use than making it from scratch, and it is called DioxiRinse. It comes in two bottles, which is necessary to get real chlorine dioxide, and it is both easier to use and much better tasting than plain chlorine dioxide. If you want the benefits of ClO2 without the hassle, maybe give that a try. It's what I'm using now.

Luann

Above all, I agree you should avoid dangerous infections, whatever that takes.

Gone Peating

Can you provide a link that supports this?

i cannot but it was a quote i found from a thread in this forum you can find it with a search like "wisdom teeth dhea"

i also know from experience it works, mine had only partially erupted and had been that way for years, after supplementing pansterone for a couple weeks they came in

Kray

i cannot but it was a quote i found from a thread in this forum you can find it with a search like "wisdom teeth dhea"

i also know from experience it works, mine had only partially erupted and had been that way for years, after supplementing pansterone for a couple weeks they came in
Wow, pretty impressive! Curious- were you able to keep them in that case, or did you have them pulled?

Ihor

Which antibiotic for teeth will be better? It seems that my impacted wisdom teeth, through germination, destroy and infect tissues (adjacent tooth, gums) and also cause problems in the sinuses.
I have already tried tetracycline, minocycline, doxycycline, lincomycin, azithromycin without significant results. Do somebody know is there else antibiotic for these teeth/sinus problems?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals