OJ -- but "Not Directly Related To RP" 'cause, well....

EnoreeG

LucH

EnoreeG said:
Correlation is not necessarily causation, right?
Right. But I would take astaxanthin 4 mg twice a day, in summer period.
Most people lack vitamin E and beta-carotene. Vit E suppresses some very agressive ROS. But the result is only 1/3 to 1/2 when there is no carotene (5 - 10 mg form natural sources: fruits and vegetables).
Don't take supplement of artificial b-carotene if you smoke.
:yellohello
LucH

OP
E

EnoreeG

Such_Saturation said:
http://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=7124

Good! Double coverage... :mrgreen:

I searched for my particular link before posting but it's hard to find everything (especially if it's just a link).

G'day, and remember,

The sun is rising. Hear the words of anything regarding Melanoma.

4peatssake

LucH said:
EnoreeG said:
Correlation is not necessarily causation, right?
Right. But I would take astaxanthin 4 mg twice a day, in summer period.
Most people lack vitamin E and beta-carotene. Vit E suppresses some very agressive ROS. But the result is only 1/3 to 1/2 when there is no carotene (5 - 10 mg form natural sources: fruits and vegetables).
Don't take supplement of artificial b-carotene if you smoke.
LucH
LucH are you aware that RP advises against taking beta-carotene and his reasons for doing so?

Besides fasting, or chronic protein deficiency, the common causes of hypothyroidism are excessive stress or “aerobic” (i.e. anaerobic) exercise, and diets containing beans, lentils, nuts, unsaturated fats (including carotene), and undercooked broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, and mustard greens. Many health conscious people become hypothyroid with a synergistic program of undercooked vegetables, legumes instead of animal proteins, oils instead of butter, carotene instead of vitamin A, and breathless exercise instead of stimulating life.

LucH

4peatssake said:
LucH are you aware that RP advises against taking beta-carotene and his reasons for doing so?
you are "misinterpreting" what I said.
if you eat fruits your are getting your betacarotene. I take mine from fruits and vegetables. Not from pills. I do not advise pills. I warn against synthetic carotenes.

RP says not to forget vit A. I agree: Vit A and bêta-carotene have different functions. We convert small amounts of bêta-carotene into retinol but not everybody can do it (aging).
LucH

pboy

im not surprised cause OJ makes me break out like immedaitly (bottled), and does make eyes clearly dilated or sensitive to the sun...but its just that bitter/sharp portion, likely the peel and seeds. Fresh sqeezed carefully doesn't do that at all, so its probably the peel/seed/aromatic oils that are the problem

Are you sure the vitamin E isn't just babysitting the carotene?

Giraffe

LucH said:
We convert small amounts of bêta-carotene into retinol but not everybody can do it (aging).

Wikipedia said:
Disease states associated with carotenoderma include hypothyroidism, diabetes mellitus, anorexia nervosa, nephrotic syndrome, and liver disease. In hypothyroidism and diabetes mellitus, the underlying mechanism of hypercarotenemia is thought to be both impaired conversion of beta-carotene into retinol and the associated increased serum lipids. Diabetes mellitus has also been associated with carotenoderma through disease-specific diets that are rich in vegetables. In the nephrotic syndrome, the hypercarotenemia is related to the associated increased serum lipids, similar to the above entities. It is of note that kidney dysfunction in general is associated with hypercarotenemia as a result of decreased excretion of carotenoids. Liver dysfunction, regardless of origin, causes hypercarotenemia as a result of the impaired conversion of carotenoids to retinol.

Attachments

• Unbenannt.GIF
    Unbenannt.GIF
    30.1 KB · Views: 285
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals