Melanoma Is An Endocrine Tumor Like Breast Cancer - Driven By Estrogen

haidut

Forum Supporter
Peat has said this a number of times in his articles, but to this day the mainstream view is that melanoma and all other skin cancers are driven by overexposure to sunlight. The fact that melanoma rates have skyrocketed over the last 20 years (perfectly coinciding with increased sunscreen use), and the fact that most melanomas appear on skin spots that never see much sunlight does very little to detract the medical "experts" from advancing the stupid view of the "evil" Sun.
The study is a good review and summary of why melanoma should be considered an endocrine tumor - i.e. one driven by hormone levels - and it examines the remarkable similarities with breast cancer. Also, I can't help but notice that this study (and countless others) also calls estrogen a well-known carcinogen yet we continue to hear from FDA and pharma companies about its benefits for both men and women...Another interesting point from the study is that people with melanoma may be able to live just fine with it. Of the 9 case studies presented, 3 did just fine with no treatment and the ones who died all had surgical interventions for the mole. One "untreated" case lived for more than 25 years with metastatic melanoma that even led to liver failure, yet the patient persisted. Perhaps most importantly, ALL reported cases developed the melanoma while on some sort of synthetic estrogen treatment. The study also corroborates Peat's statements about the benefit of progesterone for this cancer (in both sexes), as well as potentially beneficial role of testosterone in males.

Is malignant melanoma an endocrine-dependent tumor? The possible adverse effect of estrogen. - PubMed - NCBI
"...There are several features about malignant melanoma that suggest endocrine influence: (a) malignant melanoma is extremely rare in sexually immature people; (b) hormones (estrogen, androgen, MSH) play an important role in melanogenesis, (c) melanoma is frequently activated during pregnancy and pigmentation is generally increased during pregnancy; (d) there is a significant response of malignant melanoma to antiestrogenic hormone [9]; (e) occasional cases of malignant melanoma remain dormant for long periods of time, reminiscent of the clinical course of breast, kidney, and endometrial cancer, the triad of ‘estrogen-dependent’ tumors."

"...The clinical course of patients with carcinoma of the breast, kidney and endometrium is sometimes marked by long latent periods of tumor dormancy. Similarly, in occasional patients with melanoma, the tumor may remain inactive for many years. (The one-eyed man with jaundice is a well-known clinical syndrome of metastatic melanoma of the liver occurring in a patient 25 years after enucleation of an orbit for melanoma.)"

"...Estrogen is a well-known carcinogenic agent in animals. Chronic administration of estrogen can induce carcinoma of the breast endometrium and kidney in a variety of rodent species [22]. The pigmented tumor of the glandular flank organ of hamsters, induced by estrogen, is probably a skin appendage tumor and not a true melanoma [10]."

"...Evidence is presented suggesting melanoma may be an ‘estrogen-dependent’ tumor. The mechanism(s) of carcinogenic action of estrogen is unknown but is thought to be related to its stimulation of DNA and protein synthesis. A deleterious effect of estrogen may occur in premenopausal patients with carcinoma of the breast, in patients with carcinoma of the endometrium and kidney - and in patients with malignant melanoma. The paradoxical beneficial effect of estrogens in postmenopausal patients with carcinoma of the breast may be due to stimulation of beneficial immunological factors; a discussion of this is beyond the scope of this report. //malignant melanoma is an estrogen-dependent tumor, there are several implications; (1) Therapeutic trials with other antiestrogenic compounds such as Ul 1, 100 A3 appear warranted in melanoma. (2) Patients with known malignant melanoma should be cautioned against the use of oral contraceptives, exogenous estrogens and pregnancy. A large-scale prospective study of patients on estrogens and oral contraceptives might be undertaken to determine whether there is a significant increase in the incidence of malignant melanoma. (3) Patients with breast or prostate cancer receiving estrogen therapy should be observed for primary melanoma. Suspicious lesions in these patients should be biopsied to differentiate between melanoma and metastases from the primary disease."

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:rightagain

theLaw

Peat has said this a number of times in his articles, but to this day the mainstream view is that melanoma and all other skin cancers are driven by overexposure to sunlight. The fact that melanoma rates have skyrocketed over the last 20 years (perfectly coinciding with increased sunscreen use), and the fact that most melanomas appear on skin spots that never see much sunlight does very little to detract the medical "experts" from advancing the stupid view of the "evil" Sun.

I know that you've mentioned several possible treatments (including Idealabs sups) for melanomas in the past, but have you found one superior to the others?

Thanks!:D

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I know that you've mentioned several possible treatments (including Idealabs sups) for melanomas in the past, but have you found one superior to the others?

Thanks!:D

I do not have patients, do can't speak of what works better and what worse, but people have reported good effects from progesterone/DHEA combination, apigenin/naringenin, DHT, aspirin, vitamin K/A/D/E combination, etc. I all of these can be tried on their own or in combination as they have synergies.

Wagner83

Nick Ireland posted that he removed odd moles with dht:

Andractim completely removed two moles from my skin on direct application, one which I had for 35 years. They just got darker, shrivelled up and came off like an old scab from a cut. So if Ray says DHEA can remove moles, it looks like it is the DHT derivative of that which works.

No hair loss. In fact my hair is better with andractim. Also, I didn't get more body hair - probably because of the block on estrogen it provides and Ray blames estrogen for secondary masculinising characteristics.

DHT Lowers Cortisol, Estrogen And Is Neuroprotective

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Nick Ireland posted that he removed odd moles with dht:

Andractim completely removed two moles from my skin on direct application, one which I had for 35 years. They just got darker, shrivelled up and came off like an old scab from a cut. So if Ray says DHEA can remove moles, it looks like it is the DHT derivative of that which works.

No hair loss. In fact my hair is better with andractim. Also, I didn't get more body hair - probably because of the block on estrogen it provides and Ray blames estrogen for secondary masculinising characteristics.

DHT Lowers Cortisol, Estrogen And Is Neuroprotective

Excellent, more points for DHT. I suspect progesterone/DHT combo may work even better, as I proposed for anticatabolism/anabolism.

LiveWire

RESULTS: After 7 days of creatine loading, or a further 14 days of creatine maintenance dose, serum T levels did not change. However, levels of DHT increased by 56% after 7 days of creatine loading and remained 40% above baseline after 14 days maintenance (P < 0.001). The ratio of DHT:T also increased by 36% after 7 days creatine supplementation and remained elevated by 22% after the maintenance dose (P < 0.01).

Motif

Thanks! I started creatine about a month ago (3 g daily). Only concern is that it's bad for kidneys, even when studies say it has no effect on kidneys, but many comments on yt say different and this is enough to drive me crazy

LiveWire

I’ve been taking creatin daily for the past 10 months. For building muscle. 5 grams daily, 10 grams on workout days. Can’t say i noticed anything at all. Certainly nothing negative, but neither anything positive. After I finished my last jar last week I did not bother to reorder.

By the way, there’s no way 3 grams a day would have any effect on kidneys. The anecdotal though unproven allegations were at 20 grams a day during the loading phase. Which you may as well skip altogether.

Last edited:

Motif

Ok, cool. So drinking 3 liters + is not needed?

I'm feeling a bit better now since I'm taking it, but I also eat a lot more protein. I was working out all the years with maybe 50-70 Gramms protein a day

aquaman

The study is a good review and summary of why melanoma should be considered an endocrine tumor - i.e. one driven by hormone levels - and it examines the remarkable similarities with breast cancer. Also, I can't help but notice that this study (and countless others) also calls estrogen a well-known carcinogen yet we continue to hear from FDA and pharma companies about its benefits for both men and women...Another interesting point from the study is that people with melanoma may be able to live just fine with it. Of the 9 case studies presented, 3 did just fine with no treatment and the ones who died all had surgical interventions for the mole. One "untreated" case lived for more than 25 years with metastatic melanoma that even led to liver failure, yet the patient persisted. Perhaps most importantly, ALL reported cases developed the melanoma while on some sort of synthetic estrogen treatment. The study also corroborates Peat's statements about the benefit of progesterone for this cancer (in both sexes), as well as potentially beneficial role of testosterone in males.

Is malignant melanoma an endocrine-dependent tumor? The possible adverse effect of estrogen. - PubMed - NCBI
"...There are several features about malignant melanoma that suggest endocrine influence: (a) malignant melanoma is extremely rare in sexually immature people; (b) hormones (estrogen, androgen, MSH) play an important role in melanogenesis, (c) melanoma is frequently activated during pregnancy and pigmentation is generally increased during pregnancy; (d) there is a significant response of malignant melanoma to antiestrogenic hormone [9]; (e) occasional cases of malignant melanoma remain dormant for long periods of time, reminiscent of the clinical course of breast, kidney, and endometrial cancer, the triad of ‘estrogen-dependent’ tumors."

"...The clinical course of patients with carcinoma of the breast, kidney and endometrium is sometimes marked by long latent periods of tumor dormancy. Similarly, in occasional patients with melanoma, the tumor may remain inactive for many years. (The one-eyed man with jaundice is a well-known clinical syndrome of metastatic melanoma of the liver occurring in a patient 25 years after enucleation of an orbit for melanoma.)"

"...Estrogen is a well-known carcinogenic agent in animals. Chronic administration of estrogen can induce carcinoma of the breast endometrium and kidney in a variety of rodent species [22]. The pigmented tumor of the glandular flank organ of hamsters, induced by estrogen, is probably a skin appendage tumor and not a true melanoma [10]."

"...Evidence is presented suggesting melanoma may be an ‘estrogen-dependent’ tumor. The mechanism(s) of carcinogenic action of estrogen is unknown but is thought to be related to its stimulation of DNA and protein synthesis. A deleterious effect of estrogen may occur in premenopausal patients with carcinoma of the breast, in patients with carcinoma of the endometrium and kidney - and in patients with malignant melanoma. The paradoxical beneficial effect of estrogens in postmenopausal patients with carcinoma of the breast may be due to stimulation of beneficial immunological factors; a discussion of this is beyond the scope of this report. //malignant melanoma is an estrogen-dependent tumor, there are several implications; (1) Therapeutic trials with other antiestrogenic compounds such as Ul 1, 100 A3 appear warranted in melanoma. (2) Patients with known malignant melanoma should be cautioned against the use of oral contraceptives, exogenous estrogens and pregnancy. A large-scale prospective study of patients on estrogens and oral contraceptives might be undertaken to determine whether there is a significant increase in the incidence of malignant melanoma. (3) Patients with breast or prostate cancer receiving estrogen therapy should be observed for primary melanoma. Suspicious lesions in these patients should be biopsied to differentiate between melanoma and metastases from the primary disease."

I’ve noticed that SO MANY women have those dark skin-tags / moles, I think from accumulation of estrogen/PUFA?

They also seem to proliferate around chest and stomach which I assume is related to estrogen sites.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I’ve noticed that SO MANY women have those dark skin-tags / moles, I think from accumulation of estrogen/PUFA?

They also seem to proliferate around chest and stomach which I assume is related to estrogen sites.

Yes, a combination of iron, PUFA, and estrogen. And most of the darkest moles are not on areas that see much sunlight.

Luis aguilar

Excellent, more points for DHT. I suspect progesterone/DHT combo may work even better, as I proposed for anticatabolism/anabolism.
Are we to apply this Progesterone/DHEA directly on the mole/melenoma fot best results or take orally? What dosage works best