Nausea and diarrhea for 6 days. Running out of ideas. Suggestions?

B

BRBsavinWorld

I’ve tried aspirin in water; little elm in warm water; shredded carrot when I can bear it; several activated charcoal flushes; I tried some homeopathy to it’s fullest protocol, that worked excellently in the past (arsenicum and nux vomica). I’m currently trying niacinamide throughout the day, and will probably keep it up indefinitely (it was a normal supplement until I ran out coincidentally or not, 2 days before I came down with this). I’m trying to keep up NDT supplementation.

I’m only able to eat a few egg whites a day, and I take a teaspoon or 2 of sugar with it. I drink salted water, sometimes adding potassium/mag/cal.
I may get at best 400 calories in a day.

This happened right after some wicked stress in my life, and then some Indian food that didn’t sit well.

I am seriously looking at cyproheptadine and methylene blue.
but this may not be a virus? Should this protocol matter if it’s not?

I’ve run out of things it could be.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

——
PS, I’m a 28 y/o man, have lost 23lbs. I have been hypothyroid since I was a kid, and what I now know was also probably depression since I was a kid (grew up on veg and low fat/sugar, grains were probably my prominent energy source). I have been dealing with tremendous stress for the last few years, culminating in 2021. Have had what I now know are panic attacks in 2021. So I’d say chronically elevated serotonin, estrogen, and cortisol.
My healing balm is vanilla Haagen daz and sparkling juice, chocolate, and milk, of course I can’t keep that down now.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm.No.One

Do you have access to ginger? Like real ginger.

I'd probably brew a strong decoction & then mix a bit of it at a time in cool water to sip on.

Slippery elm balls (honey mixed into the elm powder formed into balls & then sucked on after a few hours of drying) would be a good way to slowly get higher amounts into your gut without having to actually actively swallow. Plus the honey would sneak in some carbohydrates.

As for the diarrhea you need some tannins to dry that up, if you or someone can manage a store trip for the ginger see if they can find some raspberry leaf tea. Not the pre made Arizona crap, tea bags. Use all of them in a quart of boiling water & let it set covered for a few hours then drink 1/2 cup at a time.

This will help dry up the sh!tting.

I'd probably stop taking any supplements right now, switch to bone broth versus water with minerals added, eat white rice versus eggs.

Lastly this has been going around, likely a touch of the stomach flu. My husband/teenagers just got over it & my social media inbox is blown up with folks asking for help with the same symptoms.

OP
B

BRBsavinWorld

Do you have access to ginger? Like real ginger.

I'd probably brew a strong decoction & then mix a bit of it at a time in cool water to sip on.

Slippery elm balls (honey mixed into the elm powder formed into balls & then sucked on after a few hours of drying) would be a good way to slowly get higher amounts into your gut without having to actually actively swallow. Plus the honey would sneak in some carbohydrates.

As for the diarrhea you need some tannins to dry that up, if you or someone can manage a store trip for the ginger see if they can find some raspberry leaf tea. Not the pre made Arizona crap, tea bags. Use all of them in a quart of boiling water & let it set covered for a few hours then drink 1/2 cup at a time.

This will help dry up the sh!tting.

I'd probably stop taking any supplements right now, switch to bone broth versus water with minerals added, eat white rice versus eggs.

Lastly this has been going around, likely a touch of the stomach flu. My husband/teenagers just got over it & my social media inbox is blown up with folks asking for help with the same symptoms.
Use all the tea bags at once in a quart? Or also add the ginger?

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I did ginger capsules which didn’t work, I’ll try the real ginger, too.

Surfari

Have you tried Pepto-Bismol? If you search here in the forum using the word pepto, you can find others who have tried it.
I know there's stuff in it that you don't want to take long term, but there are ingredients that help with healing.
Drinking ginger tea has helped me with nausea.
How do you feel after drinking salted water? I can't do it, it really upsets my stomach. But I'm fine adding salt to juice.

OP
B

BRBsavinWorld

Have you tried Pepto-Bismol? If you search here in the forum using the word pepto, you can find others who have tried it.
I know there's stuff in it that you don't want to take long term, but there are ingredients that help with healing.
Drinking ginger tea has helped me with nausea.
How do you feel after drinking salted water? I can't do it, it really upsets my stomach. But I'm fine adding salt to juice.
Thanks for the idea. I’ll try out a few other things first. That ingredient list is scary lol

I'm.No.One

Use all the tea bags at once in a quart? Or also add the ginger?

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I did ginger capsules which didn’t work, I’ll try the real ginger, too.
Yes all the tea bags at once because generally you want 1 oz of herb per quart of water, you won't get an ounce out of a box of bagged tea so you'll want to use all of them to get as close as possible to that ratio.

You can add the ginger if you want to but typically you would sip that separately. I usually make a pretty strong decoction which is just where you boil the water down by half a few times and then I add like 1/4 cup of that decoction to a normal cup of cold water.

OP
B

BRBsavinWorld

Yes all the tea bags at once because generally you want 1 oz of herb per quart of water, you won't get an ounce out of a box of bagged tea so you'll want to use all of them to get as close as possible to that ratio.

You can add the ginger if you want to but typically you would sip that separately. I usually make a pretty strong decoction which is just where you boil the water down by half a few times and then I add like 1/4 cup of that decoction to a normal cup of cold water.
Ok, nice. Thanks so much!

LucyL

Have you tried Famotadine? Basically pepcid.

Another thing you might try is probiotics. I like them for acute illness. Take two capsules of one with a high count and a lot of strains. Take another every half hour until symptoms subside.

frannybananny

Thanks for the idea. I’ll try out a few other things first. That ingredient list is scary lol
I agree with Sufari about the Pepto Bismol. The few times in my life I have had serious diarrhea for days I finally resorted to Pepto Bismol and it stopped it in a few hours.....only need one or two doses. Back to a normal schedule after that. You don't want to get dehydrated!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals