Bag breathing curiosity

EvanHinkle

Greetings All,

I have an interesting situation that I’m wanting to run by you fine folks who have frequently helped me on my path to wellness. As some may know, I had dermatitis for about ten years before curing it in the last year or so with activated charcoal. Since doing so I’ve been attempting to knock other little items off my list, (energy, digestion, body composition, thyroid nodules, etc). Don’t get me wrong, despite these “ailments” I actually consider myself to be quite well given the state I discovered Peat’s work in about three years ago, but I keep bumping up against this specific and very strange phenomenon, and I’m not sure how to proceed.

I started bag breathing with a gallon jug with a hole in it a few weeks ago, (man that’s been awesome). I’ve experienced amazing results from this, and it improves my wife’s vision, (she’s worn glasses since childhood). However, much like many of the pro metabolic experiments I’ve run, when I hit a certain point, my dermatitis returns. Not to worry, a little charcoal knocks it back out, but I’m curious about the mechanism behind what’s going on.

My current theory is that the co2 is somehow acting as an antibiotic in my gut, (assuming dermatitis is a symptom of endotoxin) and the charcoal then eliminates the endotoxin, clearing the dermatitis. If this is the case perhaps proceeding slowly with co2 and pairing with charcoal for now is in order?

The interesting aspect here though is that this is not the first time I’ve experienced the dermatitis as a reaction to something “health promoting.” Before I found Peat’s work I tried to eliminate the dermatitis for ten years and tried everything, (everything). When I tried urine therapy, I initially had the same impressive results, and then the dermatitis would break out after a few awesome days. When I tried systemic enzymes same thing, (incredible results followed by dermatitis reoccurring). It’s almost as if I’m opening up a detox pathway, and the backlog is like a freight train that gums up the whole system leading to my skin being used as a last resort means of elimination.

So, I’m thinking work on the liver? I’m using vitamin E at 800ius daily, (I’ve seen studies showing it can heal even NASH after 6 months). I’m assuming that a fatty liver is probably getting overwhelmed by that freight train of detox I described.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance for reading this!

Interesting side note: recently read that urea breaks down into co2 and ammonia in the body. Kidneys deal with the ammonia and the co2 is left in the blood. Maybe the underlying mechanism for urine therapy is increased co2?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Greetings!

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

I think bag breathing (jug breathing) and charcoal are some of the mos) quickest relievers of symptoms in the pro-metabolic sphere.

Since your dermal issues improve with charcoal, it might be safe to assume it's endotoxin related as you state. Try to figure out if co2 always triggers it or if it is coincidental.

If co2 triggers it consistantly, it might be from the increased metabolic rate increasing your nutritional requirements. Stuff like that happens with thyroid usage sometimes. I'd eat more liver or supplement Pure Encapsulations B Complex AND retinol.

Best of luck

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Can you explain the jug breathing a bit more because I'm not aware of that setup.
I think it's just a plastic jug o milk with holes in it, preferably up top since co2 stays below air.

I personally prefer to nose breathe when bag breathing so that setup wouldn't work for me. I've been using handmade cotton bags and experimenting.

OP
E

EvanHinkle

I think it's just a plastic jug o milk with holes in it, preferably up top since co2 stays below air.

I personally prefer to nose breathe when bag breathing so that setup wouldn't work for me. I've been using handmade cotton bags and experimenting.
Exactly as @xeliex said, a gallon jug with a quarter size hole in the bottom and breathing through the top of the jug via the mouth. I get all my typical benefits of increased co2, (for me the benefits are brighter whites of my eyes, deeper breathing/clear airways, improved skin on my hands and feet, (literally in one ten minute session my fingers can go from sandpaper to soft and smooth) increased heart rate, higher body temperature).

Interesting about liver and B vitamins. I do well in those departments, but more can be easily experimented with. CO2 does seem to trigger the dermatitis each time, (especially if I do the jug breathing daily). The last few days I’ve simply been pairing a ten minute breathing session with a dose of charcoal, (so far so good for now). Just curious about the underlying mechanisms.

Thanks again!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals