My little brother (9 YO) is showing signs of hypothyroidism. Can he reverse it?

dervmai

progress
He is constipated, his skin complexion has darkened over time, like the grey kind of darkening, not an increase of melanin or like a tan. He has anxiety, and other symptoms of hypothyroidism. He is gaining weight but doesn't eat a whole lot. Please can someone help me figure out how I can help him? I don't want him to start taking thyroid this early. Since he is only 9 can I reverse the effects of PUFA on his body and try to reverse his hypothyroidism via diet?

PopSocket

Change his diet and he will bounce back as he is very young. From your previous thread you are constipated too, do you eat the same foods , probably living together ?

OP
dervmai

dervmai

progress
Change his diet and he will bounce back as he is very young. From your previous thread you are constipated too, do you eat the same foods , probably living together ?
Yes we live together. Same diet, except I radically changed mine in the last couple months. I have been trying to encourage healthy eating, but he still doesn't understand the importance of it. I need to ween him off the foods he currently eats and make him eat differently slowly. Hard to though, he doesn't like the food I eat at all.

Mr Joe

Yes. Try to fix it with diet first. Make sure he gets enough sun, vitamin D, calcium, magnesium. How does he react to milk ? You should make sure that he is having enough protein. Make sure that he has some nice activities that increases dopamine. Don't let him spend his days in front of a screen. Then make sure pufa intake is low, that he gots enough amino acids and tyrosine. Very low cypro dose might hlep and is very safe to bind serotonin. Check his temperature and pulse in the morning, increase carbs intake and see how he reacts after few days/weeks. Then you can try start very low dose thyroid if needed or even natural thyroid NDT for example.

Mr Joe

Yes we live together. Same diet, except I radically changed mine in the last couple months. I have been trying to encourage healthy eating, but he still doesn't understand the importance of it. I need to ween him off the foods he currently eats and make him eat differently slowly. Hard to though, he doesn't like the food I eat at all.
Changing his way of eating is the most important thing to do. Supplements might help on the short term but need to be backed by better way of life and diet.

PopSocket

Changing his way of eating is the most important thing to do. Supplements might help on the short term but need to be backed by better way of life and diet.
Yeah diet is key for kids as well as being outside, playing under the sun. Kids are easy to heal and can overcome anything given the right knowledge. Just make sure your little brother does not receive any more "vaccines" going forward. Supplements are not needed and even detrimental for kids with very few exceptions.

youngsinatra

Measuring the pulse and underarm temperature (leaving it there for 5min for more accuracy) in the morning and after lunch would be a good thing. (To get an idea how bad the situation is)

If you can, I‘d see a doctor to get some basic blood work done, like TSH, T3, T4, total cholesterol. Because if his TSH is like really high, indicative of primary hypothyroidism like Hashimoto, then medication would be the best route to go down, of course alongside lifestyle and diet, to prevent growth or mental development delay or impairments etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals