My Brother With Psoriases And Depression, Helpp

OP
R

Roni123@

A short, sharp course of cypro would possibly do wonders for him. It cleared up a longstanding rash I had on my shins and ankles, all but proving for me the deep connection between gut and skin. It should also help lift his mood. If he's never taken it, the standard advice: start super small, and build up to maybe 2-4 mg a day for a couple of weeks tops. If he gets drowsy, tell him that will pass after a few days and to up the coffee. If his day is too impacted by the 'zombie effect' of cypro, he can just try one small dose at night. Tell him not to be scared of it, since chemists dish out entire boxes of the stuff in 4mg tabs.

Ultimately though, I think working on gut health would be hugely beneficial for him. And find a kick **** therapist who knows about childhood stuff, the true cause of depression (no, it's ultimately not a metabolic issue as some folk round here would prefer to think). Depression is healthy in its own warped way - it's a siren song from the soul that something aint right and desperately needs attention. To take nothing away from the difficulty of it.

I wish him well .

PS also re SIBO - look into B1 (dig around on this forum for some amazing research), Haidut's camphor product and/or activated charcoal
I will send him to test it, but he is stubborn, continuing to take fermented foods and eat lots of vegetables in the hope of improvement

GAF

Try 10 times more salt than what he eats now.

Taurine - start with red bulls. See if they seem to stabilize him.

As always, experiment and have fun with it. No fear. Perfection is not attainable but fun and amusement is. Nobody dies.

tara

Do you have a good idea of what and how much he typically eats? Could you plug it into cronometer or similar to get an estimate of what nutrition he is getting from his food? (Ignore cronometer's restrictive calorie advice).

OP
R

Roni123@

Do you have a good idea of what and how much he typically eats? Could you plug it into cronometer or similar to get an estimate of what nutrition he is getting from his food? (Ignore cronometer's restrictive calorie advice).
It was always mainly grains (corn), rice and lots of beans, huge but huge amount of bread

OP
R

Roni123@

1/4 cup organic castor oil + 1 teaspoon 100% pure gum spirits of turpentine,
antifungal herbs,
mostly fruit for calories (fructose), no bananas or avocados

Longer post I put up a few days ago here:

The Most OVERLOOKED Peat Quote
He is now insisting that it is nasty to have fermented food to get better, I honestly think that the admin can close the topic, because he does not understand

tara

It was always mainly grains (corn), rice and lots of beans, huge but huge amount of bread
What else? Butter and cheese on the bread? Vegetables and meat with the beans? Much PUFA or little?
If it's mainly grains and beans, maybe introducing more variety and balance to his diet may help improve balance of minerals, vitamins, proteins, fats. Skin, mood and energy issues can sometimes arise from dietary deficiencies. Getting adequate calcium, magnesium, potassium can be harder on a diet that's heavily based on grains and beans.
Fruit, vegetables, dairy (if tolerated), eggs, maybe some fish or shellfish, beef of lamb, occasional liver and oysters can be good.
I'd suggest having a go at putting a couple of days food through cronometer or similar to help get an idea if something is missing or low.

Gut transit is important, too.

Vadim

In many, many cases (actually in most of them) psoriasis is a manifestation of low B12/folate levels and, as a consequence, high homocysteine levels. And in many cases it's just a beginning of cascades of autoimmune diseases - adrenals, thyroid will follow.
So a good point to start is to check b12, folate and homocysteine status, and if b12 or folate is depleted the treatment is pretty straightforward - b12 injections, oral folate and other b vitamins to balance.

maillol

A B-complex would probably be the easiest thing to try first. Plenty of literature on Bs for skin and brain health. I'd guess B6 and B1 especially for psoriasis and depression.

Coderr

Try 10 times more salt than what he eats now.

Taurine - start with red bulls. See if they seem to stabilize him.

As always, experiment and have fun with it. No fear. Perfection is not attainable but fun and amusement is. Nobody dies.
Does it cause excessive tension to increase blood pressure?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals