Male bodybuilders 40% less likely to die of cancer

InChristAlone

If we are talking only about looks I would much prefer a bigger man over a small lanky can't lift anything type. My husband was really lean when I met him more of the square jawline wide shoulder small waist. Now he packed on the bulk and he's still just as sexy to me if not more. In character traits I want a dominant leader who can lead my family not a feminine all about his feelings type. This only happened after I processed my unhealed masculine wounds. And thankfully my man has amazing morals and values. I do agree choosing a partner just based on having six pack abs is not a good idea, they will likely have unhealed toxic shame they are covering up with looks.

If we are talking only about looks I would much prefer a bigger man over a small lanky can't lift anything type. My husband was really lean when I met him more of the square jawline wide shoulder small waist. Now he packed on the bulk and he's still just as sexy to me if not more. In character traits I want a dominant leader who can lead my family not a feminine all about his feelings type. This only happened after I processed my unhealed masculine wounds. And thankfully my man has amazing morals and values. I do agree choosing a partner just based on having six pack abs is not a good idea, they will likely have unhealed toxic shame they are covering up with looks.

Well said!

Dr. B

The fact that women claim they find something attractive doesn't mean it is necessarily true.

Every western woman will tell you she wants nice, caring, reliable, faithful good guy with stable job. Guy who doesn't drink, smoke and do drugs. A guy who would never hit her and who will treat her like a princess.

But we all know who they end up f***ing, right?
that is what they want, for long term relationships at least mate. I think when it comes to looks they are honest in what they like, its just the long term relationships thing, some seem to prefer uglier guys or skinny fat guys due to concerns over good looking guys cheating, and there's probably guys who are concerned with marrying hot women for the same reason too.

Your aren"t gonna get ripped on 150 grams of protein, so that is no comparison. 150 grams of protein will keep you lean with good muscle tone, but you would have to eat a whole lot more protein and do more with that 10% than paint.

is it the protein itself that makes you get ripped? or do you mean lowering carb intake while raising protein?

BearWithMe

that is what they want, for long term relationships at least mate. I think when it comes to looks they are honest in what they like, its just the long term relationships thing, some seem to prefer uglier guys or skinny fat guys due to concerns over good looking guys cheating, and there's probably guys who are concerned with marrying hot women for the same reason too.
Women in relationships with these kind of guys are extremely unhappy and unsatisfied. They are settling. They will keep fantasizing about muscular guys for the rest of their lives, and eventually grow to despise their weak niceguy mate.

Obviously the solution is not to go for an muscular dominant idiot, that's settling too.

is it the protein itself that makes you get ripped? or do you mean lowering carb intake while raising protein?

Well I will tell you that my German father was a gymnist, lifeguard for orange county, he was a competitive diver and a fireman. He was extremely lean in his youth and through his 20's eating seafood, yogurt, ice cream and such. He never ever lifted weights or did endurance exercise. So when he got into his 30's he started eating abnormal amounts of protein. He started eating that way because of the Atkins diet. He became a very strong, big and muscular guy, unrecognizable so. The point is he never worked, out beside some light laps in the pool and he lifted heavy things occasionally, like his boat anchor or pounding a hammer building another structure onto his house and whatnot. His protein intake transformed his physic. At his favorite pizza place he would eat the topping off of a dozen and a half pieces of pizza and pull the fried breading off of another dozen pieces of chicken just for lunch! He could rival any guy in the gym to in an arm wresting competion or lifts and still do his backflips on the beach at 50! The guy was a legend in Catalina and Southern Californa. So protein, hands down, is more key to getting ripped than the exercise.

Dr. B

In the part of Africa where I grew up, the local tribe/nation regard fat men as attractive because only the rich can eat enough to get fat. Obesity plus a S-class Mercedes Benz is the absolute pinnacle of status, although recently the fatness thing has been losing its traditional appeal as Western mass media culture and its attendant beauty standards have been permeating.

As far as the OP is concerned, strength training is not exhausting the way anaerobic cardio exercise is. I've lifted for many years and dabbled in Olympic weightlifting too. Training for strength involves lower reps and longer rest breaks, with heavier weights. Serious Oly lifters spend 2-3 hours on a training session, and they do this 5 or 6 days a week. This is nothing like beating yourself to sh*t in a 45 minute cycling spin class. You should have more energy and feel more alert after a good weightlifting session than before it. I think this is very much in line with the Peatian philosophy of engaging in concentric exercise, not going to exhaustion, avoiding lactic acid buildup, and using your muscles rather than abusing them.

Edit: re: bodybuilders, I've known a couple of fitness models who competed at a high level and what they do involves a lot more than just lifting weights for strength. Strength is a secondary goal; hypertrophy is the primary goal. They go for high reps to get that 'pump' and do some unhealthy things with diet and (lots of) drugs to get that shredded, shrink-wrapped skin look that you see on the cover of Men's Health. I remember seeing Ronnie Coleman and Jay Cutler in person in 2012, from a very close distance. They looked slow and stiff and their breathing appeared visibly labored, even when sitting down.
does Peat not like high rep training for muscles then? if youre not doing high rep training you will struggle to build those parts like biceps, traps, calves, maybe even forearms.

Ronnie and Jay are so muscular and carry so much mass that's why their breathing is labored. It's apparently because the heart doesn't care whether the body mass is muscle or fat, in fact it probably has to pump harder for 280 pounds of muscle than fat, note how the mma fighters, nfl players, athletes can get by being 280 pounds at 30% bodyfat, but a bodybuilder whos 280 pounds shredded has much more trouble since the muscle needs oxygen.

regarding the first part that's an assumption but in reality, its only the metabolically sound people who can eat a lot and not get fat, whereas metabolically poor people can get fat on like 800 calories a day!
the shrink wrap look should be attainable with low cortisol levels?
i think some use diuretics to get the shrink wrap look. I now remember, werent there posts here talking about diuretics being very beneficial metabolically?

The point of my post was that women can't openly admit what they prefer in their mates, because society would shame them to oblivion.

So you have to take the claims about females prefering weak guys and small genitals with huge grain of salt.

Nothing more, nothing less. I'm definitely not bitter or butthurt about it, it is just a matter of fact.

hey mate regarding the females liking muscularity I think the height and androgenic features are valued like sharp jawline. like henry cavill or someone. but i think leanness could be valued over muscularity. the muscularity seems to have a limit, once the muscularity gets above like arnold schwarzenegger in his bbing days the muscle could potentially be a turnoff. arnolds level of muscularity was maybe the peak for what humans naturally attained back when hormone levels were better. the olympia level guys are the equivalent of fake breasts and asses, which may not attract everyone. I think being leaner with less muscle may be preferable to the muscular guys who are like 30% bodyfat+ and balding, some of the strongmen and powerlifters for instance. what do you think is the ideal sort of physique? something like jeff seid, simeon panda, classic arnold, zyzz etc? or big ramy, ronnie coleman?

Dr. B

As they say like attracts like. If you are wanting that bimbo than you're probably a bimbo too. This stereotyping is so ridiculous. You men need to quit pining for the fake blow up dolls. None of this complaining is over sweet nice girls.
I like bimbos and I am also a bimbo!

what do you think of someone like henry cavill! or john cena

Risingfire

I always find women say they don't want men with muscles yet they're always staring at me and try to get my attention

BearWithMe

hey mate regarding the females liking muscularity I think the height and androgenic features are valued like sharp jawline. like henry cavill or someone. but i think leanness could be valued over muscularity. the muscularity seems to have a limit, once the muscularity gets above like arnold schwarzenegger in his bbing days the muscle could potentially be a turnoff. arnolds level of muscularity was maybe the peak for what humans naturally attained back when hormone levels were better. the olympia level guys are the equivalent of fake breasts and asses, which may not attract everyone. I think being leaner with less muscle may be preferable to the muscular guys who are like 30% bodyfat+ and balding, some of the strongmen and powerlifters for instance. what do you think is the ideal sort of physique? something like jeff seid, simeon panda, classic arnold, zyzz etc? or big ramy, ronnie coleman?
You want to have a physique that triggers feelings of safety in a female. You need to look like you are able to fight whatever predator or aggressor might appear.

There is a huge range to this.

You can be lean, shredded, ultra-fast type like Bruce Lee.

You can be huge, bulky, high body fat, strongman type like Eddie Hall.

You can be huge and shredded at the same time, like modern bodybuilders.

You can be anything inbetween.

All of these body types accomplish the same thing - sense of safety for the female.

And you don't have to take it to such extremes, just a little bit of muscle will make you more attractive than 99% of men.

But you definitely can't be skinny and weak.

I wouldn't think about it beyond that.

Eberhardt

does Peat not like high rep training for muscles then? if youre not doing high rep training you will struggle to build those parts like biceps, traps, calves, maybe even forearms.

Ronnie and Jay are so muscular and carry so much mass that's why their breathing is labored. It's apparently because the heart doesn't care whether the body mass is muscle or fat, in fact it probably has to pump harder for 280 pounds of muscle than fat, note how the mma fighters, nfl players, athletes can get by being 280 pounds at 30% bodyfat, but a bodybuilder whos 280 pounds shredded has much more trouble since the muscle needs oxygen.

regarding the first part that's an assumption but in reality, its only the metabolically sound people who can eat a lot and not get fat, whereas metabolically poor people can get fat on like 800 calories a day!
the shrink wrap look should be attainable with low cortisol levels?
i think some use diuretics to get the shrink wrap look. I now remember, werent there posts here talking about diuretics being very beneficial metabolically?

Haha i just need to comment on the "natural" part of this. Anabolics started in the 50s though in very limited circles. Even though Arnolds stack was far more sane and only a couple of steroids not HGH, insulin etc etc to talk about natural physique regarding arnold is far off. Its not a comment about his physique just a medical fact. His stack back then has been publicly available and confirmed by Arnold. If I remeber correctly it was dianabol 3 times a week and a lower dose of another one with some diiretics to go. But its not my field so I want be stubbotn about the specifics. I also know that most females Ive met go running for the hills if someone with that amount of muscle shows up, even one girl used that as a mental turnoff trick like thinking of margareth thatcher to avoid getting aroused. But of course some like it. Theres a billion different tastes. I find men to be most obsessed with this

Dr. B

You want to have a physique that triggers feelings of safety in a female. You need to look like you are able to fight whatever predator or aggressor might appear.

There is a huge range to this.

You can be lean, shredded, ultra-fast type like Bruce Lee.

You can be huge, bulky, high body fat, strongman type like Eddie Hall.

You can be huge and shredded at the same time, like modern bodybuilders.

You can be anything inbetween.

All of these body types accomplish the same thing - sense of safety for the female.

And you don't have to take it to such extremes, just a little bit of muscle will make you more attractive than 99% of men.

But you definitely can't be skinny and weak.

I wouldn't think about it beyond that.

by skinny and weak you mean the skinny fat look right?
if its shredded look that still shows athleticism and speed. basically an athlete who doesn't lift weights.

Haha i just need to comment on the "natural" part of this. Anabolics started in the 50s though in very limited circles. Even though Arnolds stack was far more sane and only a couple of steroids not HGH, insulin etc etc to talk about natural physique regarding arnold is far off. Its not a comment about his physique just a medical fact. His stack back then has been publicly available and confirmed by Arnold. If I remeber correctly it was dianabol 3 times a week and a lower dose of another one with some diiretics to go. But its not my field so I want be stubbotn about the specifics. I also know that most females Ive met go running for the hills if someone with that amount of muscle shows up, even one girl used that as a mental turnoff trick like thinking of margareth thatcher to avoid getting aroused. But of course some like it. Theres a billion different tastes. I find men to be most obsessed with this

vince gironda said eating lots of fertile eggs iirc had steroid like effects. hormone levels have been dropping for the last probably several hundred if not 1000+ years. modern natural men can attain physiques like steve reeves, jeff seid, leroy colbert, zyzz as a natty peak. its possible 1000 years ago arnolds physique was naturally attainable. I think arnold was 240 pounds, 8% bodyfat, at like 6'1 or 6'2? a natty at that height and bodyfat% would maybe top out at 205 to 210 pounds these days? everything was better the further you go back in history, at least hormone wise/toxins wise.

BearWithMe

by skinny and weak you mean the skinny fat look right?
if its shredded look that still shows athleticism and speed. basically an athlete who doesn't lift weights.
I mean any form of skinny without muscle. Skinny fat, skinny skinny... whatever.

InChristAlone

InChristAlone

whys that. dont they look pretty masculine and androgenic
Muscly isn't a turn on. Also buzzcuts are not attractive. Longer hair is way more attractive.

Dr. B

Well I will tell you that my German father was a gymnist, lifeguard for orange county, he was a competitive diver and a fireman. He was extremely lean in his youth and through his 20's eating seafood, yogurt, ice cream and such. He never ever lifted weights or did endurance exercise. So when he got into his 30's he started eating abnormal amounts of protein. He started eating that way because of the Atkins diet. He became a very strong, big and muscular guy, unrecognizable so. The point is he never worked, out beside some light laps in the pool and he lifted heavy things occasionally, like his boat anchor or pounding a hammer building another structure onto his house and whatnot. His protein intake transformed his physic. At his favorite pizza place he would eat the topping off of a dozen and a half pieces of pizza and pull the fried breading off of another dozen pieces of chicken just for lunch! He could rival any guy in the gym to in an arm wresting competion or lifts and still do his backflips on the beach at 50! The guy was a legend in Catalina and Southern Californa. So protein, hands down, is more key to getting ripped than the exercise.

wow thats incredible. all just frm protein intake. what was his diet on the atkins thing. all protein no carbs and fats?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals