Theory: Older People More Likely To Die Because Of Serotonin/estrogen/hormonal Issues?

Not sure if anyone else has directly referenced this, but it just occurred to me. I mean I know this is common stuff here, but think about it: Lots of older people are just the same younger people -- give or take -- who possibly ran on lots of adrenaline/serotonin/stress as from their early years up till their current ones (I'm thinking people who are at least 70s-80s+). It was a different time, yeah, but their upbringings were probably in to the times when PUFA, stress, EMF, toxins, etc. started to increase.

When they were younger there was more resilience -- less time being exposed to radiation, stresses, injuries, iron, PUFA, bad/declining diet affecting their bodies and breaking them down. Essentially they grow from a potentially healthier point and worked their way down the PUFA/low energy/serotonin conversion as they continuously got older. When older they could have loads of iron, FFAs, weight gain, serotonin, lower mood, more estrogen, highly sedentary/lazy/immobile and move/think/work less and less (so no possible physical/mitochondrial improvements or sustaining at least). I basically think it's like a self-sustaining decay/decline as people age -- more time passes and in such they continuously feed and slowly continue to break down and destroy their body's metabolism/hormones, which then affects estrogen, serotonin, depression, isolation, bad diet, no movement, disregard for health, etc.

Not all old people, but my guess is they just fall as victims in to the system of poor food/health info and thus it makes a gradual decay much in to a spiral of metabolism getting worse; hormones going out of whack; less consideration and/or knowledge of their health due to such factors; and ultimately their own health consuming them with a failing system breaking down more and more.

Many like to think of aging as just "something that must happen" or like an innate, computerized process -- like a microchip/processor counting how many seconds you have left down -- or genes throwing a random pair and then instructing the body "this is it" and ending itself. Strictly in the Peat sense I believe the body must function naturally like a sort of bio/electrical/energy system -- as long as it keeps doing what it needs to do and will normally do without any impediments, the idea of naturally dying "just because" will be a thing of the past.

The environment and diet slowly impairs the body -- so we must alter the body and its affects from the environment & diet and etc. to sustain itself indefinitely. This is probably where modern medicine "gets it wrong" -- by trying to create new problems that can be enveloped in specific ways to market drugs/treatment towards. If it was just "keep every process working smoothly in more holistic way" then there wouldn't be a need, I presume, for millions of drugs, cofactors and medical procedures/treatments that can be expensive. Not saying I hate the medical science, but it's true that the approach or paradigm can be flawed. You can't want to truly save or expend life indefinitely by creating mechanisms that only are expected to be temporary by design, like in cancer treatments that work only initially and then backfire/fail.

In short it doesn't seem like genes have any role in the specific, attributed cause of death itself. Genes can play a role in some things that may heighten chances of death, but we should be past the point of merely playing the "guessing game" and rolling the dice/not caring/believing genes control us like evil bio/mechanical AI systems and viewing life as a toned down sense impending doom. What seems to be the cause of death is first the weakened hormones, then metabolism, then "energy system" so to speak -- the finalized measures can be electrical issues/decay: cancer/immunity issues, organ failure, you name it. Whatever you want to call it, the cause is always something particular -- it's not something I'd prefer to see as a roll call of fate, even if technically that's how it could be viewed.

To summarize: most older people just keep repeating a self-fulfilling destruction of themselves through diet and isolation and lack of knowledge on how to help replenish their bodies. This is what mostly leads to dying (among other things of course) -- not merely age and the reaper's roll call. Sadly, most older people start to care less and less -- growing more serotonin consumed/estrogenic/weakened physically and even mentally too. All of these things are more likely to contribute to cancer (along with radiation/etc. too).

The question is, what can we do about how we fight against the toxins, pollutions, iron, heavy metals, metabolic/stress damage and etc.? We have lots of good info here, sure, but more is still needed! Weigh in what you think -- I'm fine with scrutiny or philosophical outlook of course.

Noodlz2

Hm. It's not like people were living forever in the past though, when there were much fewer environmental and food toxins. Would an explanation be that they did not have enough of the right nutrition at the right time because of a lack of a global food distribution system?

Kram

All of Haidut's research and posts essentially discuss this in great detail.

OP
MetabolicTrash
People from time ago were not as aware and resourceful of the potential knowledge/growing information pool we now have access to to avoid certain mistakes/enhance our potential to live longer and etc. Time ago there were less pollutions and etc., but also more chaos, wars, external factors (like being killed directly as in murder). Even nowadays there is lots of violence and murder, but now we have endless growing knowledge to help sustain ourselves more. I guess even in the oldest days you still have some UV radiation/manmade toxins/heavy metals consumed too, which means altering the environment to suit us and/or altering ourselves to be indestructible to the environment is not something that'd naturally occur -- it probably would need to be augmented/restructured as such. "Natural immortality" is probably unlikely for us.

All of Haidut's research and posts essentially discuss this in great detail.

I know and I'm not trying to take away anything from his stuff -- just trying to use/work it in to a broader discussion on longevity, immortality and etc. His threads garner interest, but usually focus more on specific topics than just looking at the process in a general point of view -- no particular science/research as the main takeaway/focus.

Kram

Well I think the point of everything is to keep metabolism/energy & CO2 production high and stress (serotonin, cortisol, estrogen etc.) and FFA low through proper diet, lifestyle and environment. A healthy metabolism (and thus a healthy production of youth associated hormones) is very protective against the negative effects of stress.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals