Magnesium Chloride And Magnesium Sulfate: A Comparison

Amazoniac

http://www.jle.com/download/mrh-266...uine_question--WQhrBn8AAQEAAEkDBUQAAAAI-a.pdf

"[..]it is very difficult to reach a conclusion on the possible utilization of one salt instead of another but it indicates that MgSO4 is not always the appropriate salt in clinical therapeutics and that MgCl2 seems the better anion-cation association to be used in many clinical and pharmacological indications."

"Chemically, both MgSO4 and MgCl2 are hexa-aqueous complexes. However MgCl2 crystals consist of dianions with magnesium coordinated to the six water molecules as a complex, [Mg(H2O)6]2+ and two independent chloride anions, Cl-. In MgSO4, a seventh water molecule is associated with the sulphate anion, [Mg(H2O)6]2 +[SO4.H2O]. Consequently, the more hydrated MgSO4 molecule may have chemical interactions with paracellular components, rather than with cellular components, presumably potentiating toxic manifestations while reducing therapeutic effect [11]." "In the two crystals, magnesium has the same complex form. Consequently, the different effects observed might be attributed to the anions. As a result, the biological properties of magnesium salts might depend on their interactions with water and with the polar groups at the membrane surface by screening and/or binding processes [44]."

MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS AND OTHER HORMONE-RELATED BRAIN SYNDROMES.
"Nutritional supplements that might help to prevent or correct these brain syndromes include: Vitamin E and coconut oil; vitamin A; magnesium, sodium; thyroid which includes T3; large amounts of animal protein, especially eggs; sulfur, such as magnesium sulfate or flowers of sulfur, but not to take continuously, because of sulfur's interference with copper absorption; pregnenolone; progesterone if needed."

Last edited:
OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Dietary Genocide – a book about magnesium
magnesium carbonate, of which Delbet warned, "I finally noted that the carbonates accelerate the evolution of cancer grafts" [??]
According to research, magnesium chloride has 'good' bioavailability. Taking a sufficient oral dose of magnesium chloride can reduce or stop the effects of a viral or bacterial attack within twenty minutes. This speed of action is due to its immediate effects on cellular biochemical activity, and consequently on immune system performance.

Mainly for our French partners in defense, @burtlancast @LucH @Wilfrid:

Last edited:

burtlancast

Last edited:

burtlancast

burtlan!! :joyful:
You mentioned something before about not taking magnesium chloride continuously, right? Why?

Delbet makes a rock-solid case everyone should supplement magnesium daily, because not enough is found in the alimentation due to mineral-depleted soils, and the authorities would rather not amend them, and thus keep you sick instead of healthy.

"I've said one should use NIGARI sea salts (90% magnesium chloride) rather than the chemical pure form, as to have it ready on hand in case an infection appears."
EDIT: I'm taking this bit of advice back because i havn't been able able to verify it from other trusted sources; pure magnesium chloride or nigari can be taken daily, either of them, and will have the same good effects.

Last edited:

burtlancast

Well, i suppose you can use the pure chemical form just as well.
At least one will be sure at 100% one really gets magnesium chloride.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Well, i suppose you can use the pure chemical form just as well.
At least one will be sure at 100% one really gets magnesium chloride.
Any special reason why you use those salts instead of the pure form?

Ray already suggested that those ultratrace minerals should be obtained from occasional shellfish because at least there was a first attempt to discart what causes honeymooninparis problems for animals, and the proportion of protective minerals in relation to the detrimental ones is better. Unless the contaminants from the labs are worse than what's natural.

Here's something interesting:
Cooked green leaves, or the water they were boiled in, is a very good source of magnesium, with other minerals in safe ratio. Coffee is another good magnesium source. Over 72 trace minerals from the Great Salt Lake, with 99% of the salt removed, would be dirty salt, without the salt.
I don't recommend chemical supplements of magnesium, though, because they all contain some manufacturing impurities that can cause bowel inflammation, such as hemorrhoids.

Last edited:
OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

If you asked me: why Ray doesn't recommend purified sodium chloride then, instead of salt? I would not know what to reply.
Probably that the labs can't purify it enough or they introduce new problems that didn't exist.
Based on the highlighted part, the 10% are mostly dirt. So, just like you mentioned, as long as you can source very pure magnesium, it shouldn't be a problem. At least that's my inpreter- interper- that's what I understand as well.

Last edited:

papaya

Any special reason why you use those salts instead of the pure form?

Ray already suggested that those ultratrace minerals should be obtained from occasional shellfish because at least there was a first attempt to discart what causes honeymooninparis problems for animals, and the proportion of protective minerals in relation to the detrimental ones is better. Unless the contaminants from the labs are worse than what's natural.

Here's something interesting:
i use the liquid trace minerals "dirty salt", is that bad or good? it's mostly mag chloride with all the trace minerals.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

i use the liquid trace minerals "dirty salt", is that bad or good? it's mostly mag chloride with all the trace minerals.
Like Ray mentioned, you can get those micronutrients from shellfish, which tend to be more reliable. On the other hand, if you feel a lot of benefits from it (like many of the reviewers), you can try to use it along with plenty of calcium or with your main meal of the day in attempt to make everything more difficult to absorb, so your body will retain only what's really needed.
burtlancast, a mentor, a hero.

burtlancast

nein

whit

TE="Amazoniac, post: 232393, member: 2123"]@burtlancast - are you aware of any downside when it comes to topical use?[/QUOTE]
We've been using pure mag cloride topically to great effect. It also makes a wonderfull addition to r.o. drinking water or a bath.
My hens approve to the addition to their water and their shells get thicker when it's added.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Intractable magnesium deficiency
Magnesium sulfate is the common form of magnesium used in medicine but they are not considering the issue of balance. Magnesium is a macro mineral requiring large doses on a daily basis. Sulfate is a micro mineral which is used in small amounts. Even though they have the pairing of anion and cation the ratios can cause problems. In the case of magnesium chloride, both anion and cation are macro minerals, making it a better balance over all.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Intractable magnesium deficiency
Magnesium sulfate is the common form of magnesium used in medicine but they are not considering the issue of balance. Magnesium is a macro mineral requiring large doses on a daily basis. Sulfate is a micro mineral which is used in small amounts. Even though they have the pairing of anion and cation the ratios can cause problems. In the case of magnesium chloride, both anion and cation are macro minerals, making it a better balance over all.

Magnesium Deficiency, A Brief Review
"In other experiments using excised human skin, we found that sulfate does penetrate across the skin barrier. This is quite rapid so probably involves a sulfate transporter protein. We did not see any Mg penetration, but these experiments were conducted for a short time at only 37 degrees as opposed to the 50 degree bath temperature. To check this, 2 volunteers wore 'patches' where solid MgSO4 was applied directly to the skin and sealed with a waterproof plaster. Plasma/urine analysis confirmed that both Mg and sulfate levels had increased so this is potentially a valuable way of ensuring Epsom salts dosage if bathing is not available. Interestingly, both volunteers, who were > 60 years old, commented without prompting that 'rheumatic' pains had disappeared."

So for a brief immersion, by the time you start absorbing magnesium, maybe you already absorbed an excess of sulfate, which is a nicht, nicht.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

While being a butler for Zeus I came across this:
Comparative effects of MgCl2 and MgSO4

"The biological effects of Cl- and SO4 2- are generally opposite. For example, following infusion of hypertonic sodium sulphate, increases in serum Na concentration and decreases in serum chloride, potassium, phosphate, calcium and magnesium were regularly observed12. In general, studies of the membrane effects of MgCl2 and MgSO4 have shown that the sulphate anion has unfavourable effects in comparison with other ions used in magnesium therapy. Our previous studies14-18 on the membrane effects of MgCl2 and MgSO4 on monovalent ion fluxes have shown that MgSO4 has deleterious actions in comparison with other magnesium salts, particularly MgCl2. These data may be compared to the effects of waters containing sulphuric acid or sulphate ions on cardiovascular diseases--the presence of SO4 in water may act as a cardiovascular risk factor21,22."

"The size of MgCl2 (a smaller molecule than MgSO4) should allow interactions with the various exchange components (paracellular and cellular), and the more hydrated MgSO4 molecule implicates bindings with external charges, that is, interactions with paracellular components in preference to cellular components. In the two crystals, magnesium has the same complex form ([Mg(H2O)6]2+). The different effects observed might also be attributed to the anions associated with magnesium.

This observation is important in clinical practice. For example, the hypocalcaemia observed during high dose magnesium therapy should not only be interpreted as an effect of magnesium overload on the calcium metabolism, but also in relation to the particular effects of the anion used on the calcium metabolism (SO4 increases the calcium urinary excretion) 12,13."

"MgCl2 and MgSO4 have differential effects on the ionic exchange through the human amniotic membrane (MgCl2 interacts with paracellular and cellular transfer; MgSO4 interacts with paracellular transfer only). These data show the importance of the anion-cation association. During magnesium therapy, it is important to consider the anion effect associated with magnesium."​

Last edited:

raypeatclips

While being a butler for Zeus I came across this:
Comparative effects of MgCl2 and MgSO4

"The biological effects of Cl- and SO4 2- are generally opposite. For example, following infusion of hypertonic sodium sulphate, increases in serum Na concentration and decreases in serum chloride, potassium, phosphate, calcium and magnesium were regularly observed12. In general, studies of the membrane effects of MgCl2 and MgSO4 have shown that the sulphate anion has unfavourable effects in comparison with other ions used in magnesium therapy. Our previous studies14-18 on the membrane effects of MgCl2 and MgSO4 on monovalent ion fluxes have shown that MgSO4 has deleterious actions in comparison with other magnesium salts, particularly MgCl2. These data may be compared to the effects of waters containing sulphuric acid or sulphate ions on cardiovascular diseases--the presence of SO4 in water may act as a cardiovascular risk factor21,22."

"The size of MgCl2 (a smaller molecule than MgSO4) should allow interactions with the various exchange components (paracellular and cellular), and the more hydrated MgSO4 molecule implicates bindings with external charges, that is, interactions with paracellular components in preference to cellular components. In the two crystals, magnesium has the same complex form ([Mg(H2O)6]2+). The different effects observed might also be attributed to the anions associated with magnesium.

This observation is important in clinical practice. For example, the hypocalcaemia observed during high dose magnesium therapy should not only be interpreted as an effect of magnesium overload on the calcium metabolism, but also in relation to the particular effects of the anion used on the calcium metabolism (SO4 increases the calcium urinary excretion) 12,13."

"MgCl2 and MgSO4 have differential effects on the ionic exchange through the human amniotic membrane (MgCl2 interacts with paracellular and cellular transfer; MgSO4 interacts with paracellular transfer only). These data show the importance of the anion-cation association. During magnesium therapy, it is important to consider the anion effect associated with magnesium."​

I am not sure I fully understand the take home message of this study. Could anyone explain it further?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals