Low-dose niacinamide has striking anti-obesity effects

Jam

I took 4x50mg today and noticed absolutely nothing, FWIW. Then again, I currently have no health conditions and feel pretty good.

Mauritio

I took 4x50mg today and noticed absolutely nothing, FWIW.
I remember a few years ago I also didnt notice anything from niacinamide.
I took 7 or 8g for a few days to see if it helps with anxiety back then, but didn't notice much.

One or two years ago I took about 2.5g for candida and also didn't notice much, certainly not as much as noticed today with the much lower doses. Mysterious substance...

EvanHinkle

I did the b3 water sipping thing today. I noticed that it immediately had a laxative effect on my gut.
Had 2 BMs in a short amount of time.
Hair and skin also looks better.
Notice hypoglycemia and cold feet the whole day. Feel kind of restless. Also muscles look fluffy and watery.
Interesting, I had nearly the opposite result. I went with about 60 mgs spaced out six times today. Took the doses sometimes in coffee, other times in juice or water. Temps shot right up to 98.7 after my first dose, and felt warm all over. This is atypical as I usually don’t hit a good temp like that til lunchtime. Maybe putting it in my coffee was the factor?

Chest looks androgenic, (I have had a tendency since reintroducing carbs about two years ago to have a more estrogenic chest-suspect high prolactin). BMs actually became less frequent for me today, (tend to have one after every meal, and tend to eat 5 times a day). Today I only had three bowel movements.

I’ll stick with this for three weeks and reassess, but early morning high temps are something I’ve only otherwise achieved with high dose aspirin, (requiring tons of vitamin k to offset bruising).

Motorneuron

Ho preso 4x50mg oggi e non ho notato assolutamente nulla, FWIW. Poi di nuovo, attualmente non ho problemi di salute e mi sento abbastanza bene.
Have you tried that topical?

Jam

Have you tried that topical?
Actually, after my last 50mg dose last night, I was hotter than usual in bed (and I am already a furnace) and had to sleep without sheets. This morning, after my first breakfast dose, my temps are up from my usual 36.7°C (98°F) to 36.9°C(98.5°F).

aliml

we performed qPCR on PGC1α and PPARα and found that both genes were upregulated in NMN-treated mice

How to Increase PGC-1Alpha

How to Increase PPAR-Alpha

Lifestyle​

Nutrients​

Supplements​

Hormones/Neurotransmitters​

Pathways​

Lifestyle​

Nutrients​

Supplements​

Hormones/Neurotransmitters​

Pathways​

Motorneuron

Actually, after my last 50mg dose last night, I was hotter than usual in bed (and I am already a furnace) and had to sleep without sheets. This morning, after my first breakfast dose, my temps are up from my usual 36.7°C (98°F) to 36.9°C(98.5°F).
Oddly I feel more effective with small doses of 20-25mg several times a day ... currently only 3.

Mazzle

Mine arrived today. 500mg caps which I added to a glass of water. Have been sipping all day. had about half the glass. Just topped back up with water and will drink through night (I usually wake up thirsty) It will be a miracle if this helps me with weight loss.
I used a whole 500mg capsule yesterday in water and sipped through the day and evening. I noticed my feet swelling / oedema was very much improved. In fact there was no swelling this morning. I feel warm, my hands and feet actually feel warm. I noticed my skin was a bit sweaty last night - I never sweat. No change on the scales but they didn't go up either, which in itself is a small wonder.
Put half a capsule in water today so will try lower dose. Swelling in feet has come back a bit but its hardly surprising as have been on feet all day. So still an improvement compared to usual.
Hubby has gout - i've got him trying it out as well.

Mauritio

Does low dose niacinamide (<100mg) feel slightly anti-androgenic to someone?
To me it does. But more in a way similar to progesterone.

I know in higher doses it increases 5a reductase through inhibition of sirtuins.
But as the OP study shows lower doses actually increase sirtuins...

Motorneuron

Does low dose niacinamide (<100mg) feel slightly anti-androgenic to someone?
To me it does. But more in a way similar to progesterone.

I know in higher doses it increases 5a reductase through inhibition of sirtuins.
But as the OP study shows lower doses actually increase sirtuins...
25mg taken after breakfast with one capsule has significantly increased libido ... I believe I will take 20-25 3-4 times a day maximum always close to a meal.

Sipping it during the day definitely makes me feel worse.

Mauritio

25mg taken after breakfast with one capsule has significantly increased libido ... I believe I will take 20-25 3-4 times a day maximum always close to a meal.

Sipping it during the day definitely makes me feel worse.
You mean it's the food that makes the difference?

Motorneuron

You mean it's the food that makes the difference?
personally i feel safer, but the assimilation of any one nutrient can take different paths and activate different genes / pathways ... it's all so vague and based on guesswork.

I rely purely on the sensations that the body gives me above all about my complex pathology (juvenile ALS).

Jam

So, it definitely increased my temps a bit this morning, but taking it throughout the day is a bit too GABAergic for my taste...

Motorneuron

So, it definitely increased my temps a bit this morning, but taking it throughout the day is a bit too GABAergic for my taste...
If I'm not mistaken SIRT also interacts with the biological clock ... so it could mess with the circadian rhythms ... although I suspect taking it before sleep should definitely help.

Mauritio

personally i feel safer, but the assimilation of any one nutrient can take different paths and activate different genes / pathways ... it's all so vague and based on guesswork.

I rely purely on the sensations that the body gives me above all about my complex pathology (juvenile ALS).
I thought you meant the food alleviates potential hypoglycemia, but I guess you mean something else...

If I'm not mistaken SIRT also interacts with the biological clock ... so it could mess with the circadian rhythms ... although I suspect taking it before sleep should definitely help.
I've also read the opposite on this forum, to avoid it at night... havent looked at it myself though .

Mauritio

B3 definitely increases my bowel functions and reduces my hair loss quite a lot. Even in tiny doses like 10mg.

Motorneuron

Is there a time of day where the report is favorable for NAD versus NADH?

mevcit

Am I reading this incorrectly? The methodology section of the paper says the dose of nicotinamide given to mice was 37.5 mg per g body weight. (They calculate this assuming the mice drink 4 mL of water per day, and the average weight is 20 g).

37.5 mg / g BW = 37.5 g / kg BW. To estimate the human equivalent dose, divide this by 12.3. So, the human equivalent dose is ~3 g / kg BW.

A 70-kg human needs to take 210 g (210.000 mg) of nicotinamide daily to meet the dose used in the study. lol

Wake up people! Do some math.

EvanHinkle

Am I reading this incorrectly? The methodology section of the paper says the dose of nicotinamide given to mice was 37.5 mg per g body weight. (They calculate this assuming the mice drink 4 mL of water per day, and the average weight is 20 g).

37.5 mg / g BW = 37.5 g / kg BW. To estimate the human equivalent dose, divide this by 12.3. So, the human equivalent dose is ~3 g / kg BW.

A 70-kg human needs to take 210 g (210.000 mg) of nicotinamide daily to meet the dose used in the study. lol

Wake up people! Do some math.

My understanding is it goes the other way. The dose for smaller animal is larger than the dose for a human.

EvanHinkle

Just double checked the study, and it appears that the NAM dose is 37.5mg/g not kg, for the mice… that would indicate a much higher dosage than 2.5mg/kg for humans. Right? I think @mevcit is right

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals