Low-dose niacinamide has striking anti-obesity effects

Nebula

FWIW, for over a year I took about 180mg niacinamide 2Xday with no weight loss. Last November I changed and began taking half that dose (=90mg) 4Xday. I've lost over 25 pounds since that change. I did not change my diet but I have become more active, including adding mild exercises each morning. It now feels good to exercise.

Niacinamide is water soluble so it doesn't last very long in the body; maybe a couple of hours I think.
Was that 90mg four times per day for 360mg total? Less does seem more. When I was consuming 20 mg a few times per day I felt some benefit, but larger doses caused some serious panic. I think from hypoglycemia no matter how much I ate.

EvanHinkle

FWIW, for over a year I took about 180mg niacinamide 2Xday with no weight loss. Last November I changed and began taking half that dose (=90mg) 4Xday. I've lost over 25 pounds since that change. I did not change my diet but I have become more active, including adding mild exercises each morning. It now feels good to exercise.

Niacinamide is water soluble so it doesn't last very long in the body; maybe a couple of hours I think.
This is extremely interesting to me because in the study the authors note that the niacinamide was added to their water supply which the mice then had unlimited access to throughout the day. The niacinamide wasn’t administered at any one, two, or three individual settings… very very interesting…

teds

Forum Supporter

Fascinating! ?

A

Adf

This is extremely interesting to me because in the study the authors note that the niacinamide was added to their water supply which the mice then had unlimited access to throughout the day. The niacinamide wasn’t administered at any one, two, or three individual settings… very very interesting…

Ah interesting note. If that's the case, would it be better to add the powder into a 1L water bottle and drink that throughout the day I wonder?

Or would the niacinamide degrade quickly while in the water? I guess not since it worked for the rats.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeadCatBounce

Ah interesting note. If that's the case, would it be better to add the powder into a 1L water bottle and drink that throughout the day I wonder?

Or would the niacinamide degrade quickly while in the water?
Wondering the same. I make a water concentrate of minerals and put 20ml of it in a 1 liter bottle for the day. It lasts for about 50 days or so. Hesitant to put niacinamide inside.

Edit: Found this :

Niacinamide is quite stable, but in the right conditions can hydrolyze (breakdown in water) to niacin.

This is a concern for manufacturers who need to ensure long-term stability of their products, but should not be of particular worry for people using a product containing niacinamide and then another containing an acid (or vice-versa).

The reason being is that this hydrolysis takes a considerable amount of time. At a pH of 2 and 90°C it takes over 75 hours to convert half of the niacinamide in to niacin. Heat greatly speeds up chemical interactions, and at normal temperatures this translates in to weeks, if not months.

Last edited:

Mauritio

Wondering the same. I make a water concentrate of minerals and put 20ml of it in a 1 liter bottle for the day. It lasts for about 50 days or so. Hesitant to put niacinamide inside.

Niacinamide is quite stable, but in the right conditions can hydrolyze (breakdown in water) to niacin.

This is a concern for manufacturers who need to ensure long-term stability of their products, but should not be of particular worry for people using a product containing niacinamide and then another containing an acid (or vice-versa).

The reason being is that this hydrolysis takes a considerable amount of time. At a pH of 2 and 90°C it takes over 75 hours to convert half of the niacinamide in to niacin. Heat greatly speeds up chemical interactions, and at normal temperatures this translates in to weeks, if not months.
So it would work to put 360mg in a water bottle and constantly sip on it throughout the day.

If half life from a g dose is only 1.5 hours and its directly proportional to the dose (as in this study)125mg would only have a half life of of about 10 minutes .

"Plasma concentrations and clearance rates of the vitamin were found to be dose-dependent, with a half-life of approximately 7-9 h for the two highest doses administered (4 and 6 g), approximately 4 h with 2 g and approximately 1.5 h with a 1-g dose. "

Mauritio

Do you know if CO2 changes the niacinamide to niacin conversion speed ?
I put about 300mg in bottle with sparkling water and this stuff goes absolutely crazy :D

Mauritio

"Taking 50 to 100mg several times a day can control the symptoms, reduce inflammation, protect the nerves and accelerate glucose oxidation. "

View: https://youtu.be/xTVWMWXNpP4

Last edited:

Motorneuron

,What if I wanted to create a topical solution to compare the two methods of intake? how should it be done?

DeadCatBounce

Do you know if CO2 changes the niacinamide to niacin conversion speed ?
I put about 300mg in bottle with sparkling water and this stuff goes absolutely crazy :D
from what I understand acids speed up the conversion. But don't quote me on this.

If the water is cooled down should be totally fine.
So it would work to put 360mg in a water bottle and constantly sip on it throughout the day.
360mg is a good long term dose for someone weighting 144kg as per the study which is double my weight and more. If we take the 2.5mg per kg as a rule ofc.

I think maximum of 300mg is kinda safe if taken everyday. I feel niacinamide working even in tiny 20-30mg doses. Maybe I am too sensitive.

Mauritio

from what I understand acids speed up the conversion. But don't quote me on this.

If the water is cooled down should be totally fine.

360mg is a good long term dose for someone weighting 144kg as per the study which is double my weight and more. If we take the 2.5mg per kg as a rule ofc.

I think maximum of 300mg is kinda safe if taken everyday. I feel niacinamide working even in tiny 20-30mg doses. Maybe I am too sensitive.
Thanks, the water is at room temperature, so I hope that's enough.

Me too. 360 was what @mostlylurking is taking.
If you want to replicate the study design 200-250 mg should be enough for most .

I also feel tiny dosages of b3. Hypoglycemia is definitely an effect I get.

Mauritio

In this study they gave women 250mg NMN daily for 10 weeks with some benefits on muscle insulin sensitivity. I dont think they checked the weight though. And they took one daily dose of NMN.

In this study they also put the NMN in drinking water so there was a continuous supply as well.

Last edited:

mostlylurking

Was that 90mg four times per day for 360mg total? Less does seem more. When I was consuming 20 mg a few times per day I felt some benefit, but larger doses caused some serious panic. I think from hypoglycemia no matter how much I ate.
Higher doses of niacinamide makes me loopy. I don't notice anything like that with the smaller dose. Yes, I was taking 90mg/dose, 4Xday, spaced several hours apart.

mostlylurking

Because niacinamide is soluble in water, it does not stay in the body very long at all so small multiple doses throughout the day would better match what they did in the study with the mice.

Mazzle

Mine arrived today. 500mg caps which I added to a glass of water. Have been sipping all day. had about half the glass. Just topped back up with water and will drink through night (I usually wake up thirsty) It will be a miracle if this helps me with weight loss.

Motorneuron

Mauritio

I did the b3 water sipping thing today. I noticed that it immediately had a laxative effect on my gut.
Had 2 BMs in a short amount of time.
Hair and skin also looks better.
Notice hypoglycemia and cold feet the whole day. Feel kind of restless. Also muscles look fluffy and watery.

Motorneuron

I did the b3 water sipping thing today. I noticed that it immediately had a laxative effect on my gut.
Had 2 BMs in a short amount of time.
Hair and skin also looks better.
Notice hypoglycemia and cold feet the whole day. Feel kind of restless. Also muscles look fluffy and watery.
So muscle tone lower ? ?

Mauritio

Mauritio

So muscle tone lower ? ?
Update:
The muscle fullness returned and water retention disappeared after I ate half a bowl of ice cream with cherries and chocolate. Actually water retention is now lower than before taking B3.
I must have been really hypoglycemic the whole day from the constant stream of b3, and that was just about 100-150mg in total.

So I think I'll try 50-80 mg tomorrow spaced out over the day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals