Low-dose niacinamide has striking anti-obesity effects

Mazzle

I need this! Where can I get it. All the technical / chemical terms are beyond me. Point me to a shopping cart please!

Mazzle

Thank you. I found this on Amazon, attached. Is it the same thing?. Niacinamide (vitamin b-3) is a form of niacin, a water soluble b-vitamin

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-01 143044.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-01 143044.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 41

Peater

Thank you. I found this on Amazon, attached. Is it the same thing?. Niacinamide (vitamin b-3) is a form of niacin, a water soluble b-vitamin
That's what I will take. I've had some for ages and forgot about.

Elie

Forum Supporter
2.5 mg per kg for mice
divide by 12 for humans: 0.208 mg per kg for a human?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Sorry, I read too quickly. Thought 2.5mg whas the dose the mice were given. Can we agree that NAM supplementation theoretically requires increasing glycine intake?

Why glycine? NAM depletes methyl groups so it might increase need for methionine, but considering how much is in our diet already I doubt it is an issue for most people, especially with NAM doses in the 2.5mg/kg daily range.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
2.5 mg per kg for mice
divide by 12 for humans: 0.208 mg per kg for a human?

No, it is explained in my post. The 2.5mg/kg is the HED (human equivalent dose), so it is already converted from the mouse dosage.

Elie

Forum Supporter
No, it is explained in my post. The 2.5mg/kg is the HED (human equivalent dose), so it is already converted from the mouse dosage.
HED, right.
My apologies.

Mauritio

Interesting... PPAR alpha controls beta oxidation by upregulating CPT1, the enzyme that controls the rate at which fat enters the mitochondria.

As you can see in one of the screenshots I posted, fatty acid oxidation is quite increased as well. I think that's normal, same happens with uncoupling and it's not just the fat oxidation that is increased ,carb oxidation as well. Nutrient oxidation in generel you could say.

Otherwise it would have been hard to loose that amount of fat in such a short time.

Nebula

For raising NAD levels is it better to consume niacinamide in one or multiple doses throughout the day?

mostlylurking

For raising NAD levels is it better to consume niacinamide in one or multiple doses throughout the day?
FWIW, for over a year I took about 180mg niacinamide 2Xday with no weight loss. Last November I changed and began taking half that dose (=90mg) 4Xday. I've lost over 25 pounds since that change. I did not change my diet but I have become more active, including adding mild exercises each morning. It now feels good to exercise.

Niacinamide is water soluble so it doesn't last very long in the body; maybe a couple of hours I think.

LeeLemonoil

I remember years when most on the Forum assumed that niacinamide blocks beta-oxidation. Rationalizing either meagre fat loss on peaty diets / supp regimes with it or hoping when losing weight that niscunamide prevents oxidation of stored pufa

FWIW, for over a year I took about 180mg niacinamide 2Xday with no weight loss. Last November I changed and began taking half that dose (=90mg) 4Xday. I've lost over 25 pounds since that change. I did not change my diet but I have become more active, including adding mild exercises each morning. It now feels good to exercise.

Niacinamide is water soluble so it doesn't last very long in the body; maybe a couple of hours I think.
How did you consume it? I am assuming you used a powder. Did you mix it into anything? And do you feel the difference in weight loss was from spreading it out over the day i.e. more coverage of time?

B

BRBsavinWorld

niiiice

mostlylurking

How did you consume it? I am assuming you used a powder. Did you mix it into anything? And do you feel the difference in weight loss was from spreading it out over the day i.e. more coverage of time?
I mix it in orange juice and I also just mix it in water. It doesn't taste bad and dissolves instantly.

mostlylurking

Yes, I do believe multiple small doses helped and work better that just one or two larger doses.

Niacin == NAM?
My understanding is that is an abbreviation for Nicotinamide which is another name for Niacinamide which is a form of Niacin. (But someone correct me if I got that wrong.) I think the problem with Niacin is that it causes unpleasant flushing sensation so they use Niacinamide instead.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals