LLLT Helmets/Hair

aarfai

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if Methylene Blue will react with LLLT helmets? Specifically the one overmachogrande sells? I believe the laser wavelength of the diodes are 650 nm at a power level of 5 mW. Thank you

OP
LukeL

LukeL

I'm curious about MB reacting with LLLT as well...

Dhair

I just don't trust studies. I would value before and after pics from well known forum members more than studies. That's what I'm holding out for. If someone like Such_ or Sladerunner used LLLT and posted results then I would be convinced. I'm losing my hair too but my intuition still tells me the laser helmets are probably a scam.
I'm not sure what you would require.
There are studies with before and after pictures if that's what you seek, but if you don't trust studies then I guess that wouldn't do much good.
People don't talk about things like this in hair loss forums because they tend to have the same attitude that you do, despite the evidence.
You should look into it because it might really help.

ceileachair

a red heat lamp and laser diodes are 2 different things for hair loss

My observed effects - both increase blood flow. Both encourage more relaxed breathing. Both improve the quality of my hair to the same extent.

The supposed science in my head: Both are infra red light allowing cytochrome c oxidase to increase cellular respiration and pushing calcium out of the cell. Also an increase in CO2 increases bloodflow (though apparently cytochrome c oxidase is inhibited by nitric oxide and the red light activates the cytochrome c oxidase which results in a release of nitric oxide (throwing off the inhibitor as it were). So I'm not yet sure if anyone has worked out which is contributing to the increased bloodflow - a short term release of nitric oxide of increased output of CO2 from cellulr respiration. I would put my money on CO2 given the positive side effects of more hair.

Perhaps you would enlighten me as to what the totally different effects of lasers and lamp are?

TheSouth18

I have tried contacting OMG for the last month to order his helmet; anyone know how to get ahold of this guy? Thanks!

OP
LukeL

LukeL

@TheSouth18 I can't remember how long it took me to get ahold of him but it was at least 3 months - then finally I got a response and was able to order.

Mossy

Hello All,

I purchased the 400 diode helmet, for $1400, about 3 years ago from OMG. After much research, as others have mentioned, I determined it was the highest output available. I used it for about 16 months, with a few gaps, but not many. All-in-all, I do think it was beneficial for my hair -- causing my hair to be stronger, thicker, and darker. In addition, the residual light that would hit my upper face and forehead definitely improved my complexion and skin. As for growing new hair, I did not have any success. Like many treatments, some people respond differently than others, and my experience is that I hardly respond to anything, unfortunately.

I should point out that LLLT is just one weapon in the fight against hair loss and should be used along side others, to compliment a multi-faceted approach. During my use of the helmet, I didn't do anything else, as I didn't have the knowledge, and my health would not allow for too much. I would like to try it again, making it a part of a more well-rounded approach. Due to loss of work, I had to sell the helmet, but I'm now looking at RedLightMan's offerings, considering they're cheaper and the life-span of the LEDs seem to be longer. The obvious question is will they be as effective?

As for purchasing the helmet from OMG, it was a good experience, and it does seem to be one of the most powerful you can get. If you have the money, I could recommend it. I do feel that the longevity of the device could be in question, as it's not a real permanent set-up, having a soft helmet and fairly generic power supply. But, both of those things could be modified with some imagination and know-how.

Lastly, in addition to red LEDs via RedLightMan.com, I'm been looking into cheaper laser options by Konftec. They offer both a hand-held and helmet -- here is a nice comparison page: Laser Helmet Comparison Table. But, these are still quite costly.

Last edited:
OP
LukeL

LukeL

Unfortunately nothing that's worth updating on. Still using the LLLT helmet and trying different topicals. I'll report if I come across anything promising

Devidas

Forum newbie here. Am 62 years old. I bought the 366 diode laser helmet from OverMachoGrande. I've been doing it for 2 years now, doing it 4X a week, 20 mins each time. After 3 months or so I noticed in front I regained significant territory. After 6 - 12 months my hair guy on his own asked me what was going on with my hair, he noticed my hair in front and on top was growing in and was getting thicker. After that improvement, I think the gains stopped. Now it is just a maintenance situation it appears. I hope it continues. I am also doing some quality oral saw palmetto. And washing my hair with Regenepure DT. And doing the Super Zix II on the front battlefield area.

I don't know anyone else who bought a laser helmet from OverMachoGrande. Two years ago I was desperate with the no results of using a laser comb diligently for 6 months. Looking at my self in the mirror whilst doing it and feeling like I was getting nowhere. I found some comment in the amazon.com reviews of the Theradome which led me to his site. I did not know what to make of it. He was a bit of a character but the site and his helmet seemed to make sense. At first I was going to build it but then had him do it. The helmet is not going to last decades but I handle it quite gingerly and store it on a glass head like what wigs can be stored on. I bought some extra diodes and got an extra powersupply just in case but have not had to use them.

Stress, it is the stress in my life that causes/accelerates the hair loss. Epic stress from a divorce and the first significant loss happened 14 years ago, and that hair never returned. Then two years ago I had a very capable manager that tried in several ways to sabotage my reputation and set me up for failure. The stress was unbelievable. The hair in the front was really coming out. It was just at a critical point when I started with the 366 diode unit. - That is my story.

Mossy

Forum newbie here. Am 62 years old. I bought the 366 diode laser helmet from OverMachoGrande. I've been doing it for 2 years now, doing it 4X a week, 20 mins each time. After 3 months or so I noticed in front I regained significant territory. After 6 - 12 months my hair guy on his own asked me what was going on with my hair, he noticed my hair in front and on top was growing in and was getting thicker. After that improvement, I think the gains stopped. Now it is just a maintenance situation it appears. I hope it continues. I am also doing some quality oral saw palmetto. And washing my hair with Regenepure DT. And doing the Super Zix II on the front battlefield area.

I don't know anyone else who bought a laser helmet from OverMachoGrande. Two years ago I was desperate with the no results of using a laser comb diligently for 6 months. Looking at my self in the mirror whilst doing it and feeling like I was getting nowhere. I found some comment in the amazon.com reviews of the Theradome which led me to his site. I did not know what to make of it. He was a bit of a character but the site and his helmet seemed to make sense. At first I was going to build it but then had him do it. The helmet is not going to last decades but I handle it quite gingerly and store it on a glass head like what wigs can be stored on. I bought some extra diodes and got an extra powersupply just in case but have not had to use them.

Stress, it is the stress in my life that causes/accelerates the hair loss. Epic stress from a divorce and the first significant loss happened 14 years ago, and that hair never returned. Then two years ago I had a very capable manager that tried in several ways to sabotage my reputation and set me up for failure. The stress was unbelievable. The hair in the front was really coming out. It was just at a critical point when I started with the 366 diode unit. - That is my story.
Hello Devidas,

I'm fairly new to the forum myself (about 6 months), but I can definitely relate and attest to stress being the trigger for hair loss and other health issues. If we could all manage that little thing called stress, forums like these would be scare.

I did own an OMG helmet, and used it religiously for about 16 months. I did not regrow hair, but I do feel it definitely helped the hair that remained and helped it to remain longer. I also feel it helped the color and quality of it. But, ultimately, it wasn't enough to combat and reverse the effects of life stresses--some very similar to yours. As I'm sure you've seen it mentioned, LLLT or red light seem to be just part of the overall fight against hair-loss, but doesn't seem to be the home-run hit many have desired it to be. I'm currently using red-light (LED), which is not as intense as laser, but it's much cheaper. No miracles to report as of yet. I do this along with topicals and dermarolling.

I don't want to pretend like I'm in any way an answer man, but just welcoming you and hoping you find some information that can help you take some additional steps in fighting the stress on your hair and body. This forum is pretty amazing, with all the information that it offers. Most of us are just guinea pigs experimenting and sharing as we go, while attempting to adhere--at least to some degree--to Peat principles. There are some stalwarts of this forum who will become evident pretty quickly, and tend to be the guide and gauge of a lot of issues.

Welcome.

Devidas

Hello Devidas,

I'm fairly new to the forum myself (about 6 months), but I can definitely relate and attest to stress being the trigger for hair loss and other health issues. If we could all manage that little thing called stress, forums like these would be scare.

I did own an OMG helmet, and used it religiously for about 16 months. I did not regrow hair, but I do feel it definitely helped the hair that remained and helped it to remain longer. I also feel it helped the color and quality of it. But, ultimately, it wasn't enough to combat and reverse the effects of life stresses--some very similar to yours. As I'm sure you've seen it mentioned, LLLT or red light seem to be just part of the overall fight against hair-loss, but doesn't seem to be the home-run hit many have desired it to be. I'm currently using red-light (LED), which is not as intense as laser, but it's much cheaper. No miracles to report as of yet. I do this along with topicals and dermarolling.

I don't want to pretend like I'm in any way an answer man, but just welcoming you and hoping you find some information that can help you take some additional steps in fighting the stress on your hair and body. This forum is pretty amazing, with all the information that it offers. Most of us are just guinea pigs experimenting and sharing as we go, while attempting to adhere--at least to some degree--to Peat principles. There are some stalwarts of this forum who will become evident pretty quickly, and tend to be the guide and gauge of a lot of issues.

Welcome.
Thanks Mossy!

Yes I continue to look at additional ways to make my scalp a place that the hair will want to grow. For me the LLLT was an initial big plus and since then continues to be easy to do as I can wash my hair and get on the computer with the helmet. And I am doing a few other things too as I mentioned. I'm kind of a scanner and I continue to look for ideas.

I need to read into Ray Peat, is what I need to do.

Thank you again for the welcome and orientation Mossy.

Best, Devidas

OP
LukeL

LukeL

Did OMG helmet help your hair finally?
Nothing that I can report on. I felt like sometimes it would make my hair feel better and stronger after a session and sometimes nothing. I don’t use it anymore and I’m looking to sell it...maybe it can work for someone else

Progesterone

Nothing that I can report on. I felt like sometimes it would make my hair feel better and stronger after a session and sometimes nothing. I don’t use it anymore and I’m looking to sell it...maybe it can work for someone else

Thanks. I'm sort of in the same boat.

Have you tried progesterone?

OP
LukeL

LukeL

Thanks. I'm sort of in the same boat.

Have you tried progesterone?
I have used progesterone...topically and orally. Nothing to report on for hair but it definitely makes me calm and look younger. It’s crazy how much better my face looks after just 2 days of using it

Progesterone

I have used progesterone...topically and orally. Nothing to report on for hair but it definitely makes me calm and look younger. It’s crazy how much better my face looks after just 2 days of using it

Same...

I stopped using it recently though just to see if anything different happens...

Why don't you continue to use progesterone?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals