LLLT Helmets/Hair

LukeL

Does anyone here have any experience with LLLT and hair loss? Specifically with laser helmets?

I want to know how long people use the helmets - daily for how many minutes?

Also, if your laser helmet did benefit you how long before you saw results?

Anyone have negative experiences with laser helmets?

I would love to hear any experiences y'all have, thanks.

OP
LukeL

LukeL

Asking again if anyone has experience? Much appreciated!

Evan

finally buying one from overmatchogrande who makes the most powerful ones in the world. highly effective

Dhair

I'm saving up for an overmachogrande helmet.
If you search the forum, you'll see that there are many forum members who claim to have had significant regrowth using his helmets. The science is solid. I don't think there's a limit to how much it can improve your hair either.
From the studies that have been conducted and from reports by individuals who have used the device, it seems that you can continue to see regrowth even after 5+ years, maybe longer. Obviously this doesn't mean that you should neglect overall health just because the helmet will save your hair, but the consensus seems to be that it will stop any hair loss at the very least.
I would suggest emailing John (overmachogrande). He gives long, detailed responses and he's a really nice guy. His website's format is frankly off-putting, but don't let that influence your decision. He has a lot of great info to share.

OP
LukeL

LukeL

Thanks @Evan and @Dhair - I have emailed OMG and he has been really helpful. I think I'm going to purchase one. Still looking for any forum member who has detailed experience? If not, no worries.

Sheik

LLLT for hair loss is a scam. If it worked there would be actual proof.

johnwester130

it does work

however results come in after 4 months, when used every other day

most people don't have that patience or overuse it

you may also need extra copper or vitamin a in the diet to make it work

Evan

@Sheik haha its not a scam, there is a lot of proof, and it can definitely have the power to stop hair from falling, increase the hairs diameter making it thicker, incrase hair count and density, and actually grow some back over time. Like what John said above, redlight increases mitochondrial output, creating more ATP for the follicle, and thus might require more things like copper, vitamin A, and maybe zinc as well, but mostly copper in this situation for those energy producing enzymes that are copper dependent.

Evan

I definitely believe all the laser combs and maybe some helmets are scams just because they're not powerful and won't help you get results from LLLT, but OMG's helmet is the most powerful anywhere and beyond the real deal.

Evan

Yeah OMG can make his helmets hold up to 450 diodes! Im buying the 366 diode one. SO POWERFUL

That seems like an awesome study tho, Id put it on everyday if it wouldn't stain my scalp, but maybe theres a way.

Sheik

Yeah OMG can make his helmets hold up to 450 diodes! Im buying the 366 diode one. SO POWERFUL

That seems like an awesome study tho, Id put it on everyday if it wouldn't stain my scalp, but maybe theres a way.
No offense and nothing personal, but I'm hearing that you haven't even tried the laser helmet yourself and you're thoroughly convinced that it works. Have you seen clear before and after pictures on forums, or anywhere besides someone who is selling laser helmets?

ceileachair

Its definitely not a scam. It is really really helpful. The diodes are in the right wave length spectrum of useful red light. But i have had both a laser helmet and used a infrared light lamp and find the red lamp almost as effective is you shine it on your hair. I got tired of using the helmet as it looks totally bonkers wearing it and is also quite drying on the hair given the proximity of contact with the head. You need to put coconut oil on it after application.

But having used a simple red lamp like this one:

Philips InfraPhil HP3616 150 W Infrared Lamp for Effective Pain Relief: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Personal Care

I find that the red light doesnt need to be in direct contact with your head. Red light has pretty good penetrating capabilities. Just shine it in the general direction of your head for ten minutes and your hair will feel much better. The other things that really helped my hair were liver (think its the vit a mainly), milk, avoidance of oils and avoidance of grains. If i were to eat fried rice my head would be on fire in ten minutes with inflammation,

I started losing my hair at the age of 21 and it was very rapid to the point where people noticed it. Now 6 years later, my hairline is the exact same - i havent regrown new hair (maybe i like beer too much). But hairloss is halted and the quality of the hair is massively improved. Those who commented on my hair loss years ago are quickly surpassing me in terms of general ageing.

johnwester130

Its definitely not a scam. It is really really helpful. The diodes are in the right wave length spectrum of useful red light. But i have had both a laser helmet and used a infrared light lamp and find the red lamp almost as effective is you shine it on your hair. I got tired of using the helmet as it looks totally bonkers wearing it and is also quite drying on the hair given the proximity of contact with the head. You need to put coconut oil on it after application.

But having used a simple red lamp like this one:

Philips InfraPhil HP3616 150 W Infrared Lamp for Effective Pain Relief: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Personal Care

I find that the red light doesnt need to be in direct contact with your head. Red light has pretty good penetrating capabilities. Just shine it in the general direction of your head for ten minutes and your hair will feel much better. The other things that really helped my hair were liver (think its the vit a mainly), milk, avoidance of oils and avoidance of grains. If i were to eat fried rice my head would be on fire in ten minutes with inflammation,

I started losing my hair at the age of 21 and it was very rapid to the point where people noticed it. Now 6 years later, my hairline is the exact same - i havent regrown new hair (maybe i like beer too much). But hairloss is halted and the quality of the hair is massively improved. Those who commented on my hair loss years ago are quickly surpassing me in terms of general ageing.

a red heat lamp and laser diodes are 2 different things for hair loss

Evan

there are clinical studies that prove how effective it can be for even rather bald individuals but it works better with people who are early in the process. but yeah I'm thoroughly convinced it gets the job done and then some. probably the best thing you can do for your hair. @Sheik

Sheik

there are clinical studies that prove how effective it can be for even rather bald individuals but it works better with people who are early in the process. but yeah I'm thoroughly convinced it gets the job done and then some. probably the best thing you can do for your hair. @Sheik
I just don't trust studies. I would value before and after pics from well known forum members more than studies. That's what I'm holding out for. If someone like Such_ or Sladerunner used LLLT and posted results then I would be convinced. I'm losing my hair too but my intuition still tells me the laser helmets are probably a scam.

Evan

The commercial ones are ineffective in my opinion because they're not powerful enough. The OMG Laser Messiah is the most powerful one anywhere. Ill be more than happy to post before and after pictures when I get it. Im already doing topical caffeine/taurine/niacinamide/T3 so I hope it doesnt skew results and it might be hard to notice changes in thickness and hair diameter/count. Caffeine solution plus daily fat soluble vitamins and oysters/liver/eggshell calcium has within just a few weeks drastically reduced my loss pretty damn good for the first time since the beginning noticing thinning/loss 5 years ago, but ill still take before and after pics even though results won't show for a long time.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals