Letrozole - Experiences

A.R

No i didnt feel anything, no swelling for example.

Btw i think letro had one bad side for me, i think it made me a little bit more prone to depression ,more emotional.

I dont know ,maybe because estrogen makes your feelings a bit dull, so without estrogen you're more in touch with reality.
I always thought it was estrogen which made people emotional
Not tried letro but tried other AIs like exemestane and arimidex. I find them impossible to dose, the tiniest dose crashes my estrogen (and this is while taking testosterone), from what I have read this hyper sensitive response isn't normal though. Anyway, I have experienced crashed estrogen many times while trying to dial in the dose of AIs and the feeling is absolutely horrible (no emotion, anxiety, thirsty, muscle weakness, dead libido are just some of the symptoms), I would choose high estrogen over low any day. It can also take weeks to come back when crashed.

No point using letro to cure gyno, it may stop the gyno whilst on letro but probably will just come right back again once you stop. You should be looking at why the gyno has come about in the first place. Also consider getting as lean as you can, the gyno might not be as bad as you think.

Imo ai's are only necessary depending on the testosterone dosage and adipose tissue. Low dose test with a relatively lean body (and healthy ish liver) has no need for an ai because there won't be much aromatase activity, whilst the low dose test will be converting to DHT rather than estrogen, so the ai on top will just be overkill

Vanced

Imo ai's are only necessary depending on the testosterone dosage and adipose tissue. Low dose test with a relatively lean body (and healthy ish liver) has no need for an ai because there won't be much aromatase activity, whilst the low dose test will be converting to DHT rather than estrogen.

Yea AIs shouldn't be needed if you keep within a physiological dose of testosterone, naturals don't need an AI after all. I agree with you about leaness, as I have got leaner I have much less estrogen sides from taking test. I have tried boosting my T dose up to 250mg before as a 'mini cycle' - I hated it, estrogen out of control, felt like sh1t and a bloated mess, won't go there again.

A.R

Yea AIs shouldn't be needed if you keep within a physiological dose of testosterone, naturals don't need an AI after all. I agree with you about leaness, as I have got leaner I have much less estrogen sides from taking test. I have tried boosting my T dose up to 250mg before as a 'mini cycle' - I hated it, estrogen out of control, felt like sh1t and a bloated mess, won't go there again.
If you ever did want to go upto 250mg test again, you would then have to experiment with an ai to find your sweet spot

Vanced

If you ever did want to go upto 250mg test again, you would then have to experiment with an ai to find your sweet spot

I did and found it impossible to dose. I'm a hyper responder to AIs, the smallest dose and it crashes my estrogen. I don't care about being big anymore, just muscular and lean, don't need 250mg for that.

Fetch

question moved to more appropriate thread ( the best way to take testosterone)

Last edited:

Fetch

I do have something to add to the Letrozole thread actually.

After a couple years of my wife working with diet and progesterone from low to high and timed vs all cycle long. Using aspirin and thyroid and so on, to help with her endometriosis. My wife started taking 1/4 of a 2.5 mg letrozole everyday before bed and had a significant improvement in symptoms. She has been taking this dose for almost a year now and it still seems to be vary helpful. The only sides she experiences is a more pronounced ovulation and we suspect a few burst chocolate cysts which is probably a good thing. This is because of it's effect on the pituitary I believe. I am not sure if it is because she has less estrogen therefore she is more sensitive to its effects or if the lower estrogen allows for a stronger spike during ovulation.

The reason we tried this is because there a several successful studies using Letrozole to treat endometriosis. I believe the hypothesis is the uterus of women with endo have aromatase activity and this leads to overgrowth of the endometrium in and outside of the uterus.

teds

Forum Supporter
I do have something to add to the Letrozole thread actually.

After a couple years of my wife working with diet and progesterone from low to high and timed vs all cycle long. Using aspirin and thyroid and so on, to help with her endometriosis. My wife started taking 1/4 of a 2.5 mg letrozole everyday before bed and had a significant improvement in symptoms. She has been taking this dose for almost a year now and it still seems to be vary helpful. The only sides she experiences is a more pronounced ovulation and we suspect a few burst chocolate cysts which is probably a good thing. This is because of it's effect on the pituitary I believe. I am not sure if it is because she has less estrogen therefore she is more sensitive to its effects or if the lower estrogen allows for a stronger spike during ovulation.

The reason we tried this is because there a several successful studies using Letrozole to treat endometriosis. I believe the hypothesis is the uterus of women with endo have aromatase activity and this leads to overgrowth of the endometrium in and outside of the uterus.
Hi @Fetch - not sure if you're still on here - i know it's a few years back but do you have any further comments on your wife/endo experience with Letrozole? Did she continue to take it? I'm looking into ways to shrink endo lesions. cheers

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals