Letrozole - Experiences

dookie

Letrozole is supposed to be the strongest of all the AIs (aromatase inhibitors), and bodybuilders say it is the most effective tool against estrogen excess, and can often cure gyno by itself, without surgery.

Anyone who has tried it? What was your experience?
Did it help removing typical estro symptoms like water retention, emotionality, depression...?

Did it cause insomnia?

Suikerbuik

Tried it once so not that reliable I'd say, but here's my experience.

Tried research chemical 2.5 mg/ml, half a drop up to a drop per day.

It lead to a sort of dehydration and kidney pain, aldosteron? I felt good initialy with more energy and way less acid built up during exertion. But it's strong indeed, usually I have a good mood but I became more irritable and less stable with slight joint pain, insomnia (full alertness upon night waking) and liver pain. Nipples somehow became more sensitive too, though less puffy.

Note that without letro my testosterone tested high already. I have no tests for estrogen nor tests during letro use, unfortunately. I used it because I suspected that pregnenolone easily converts to estrogen, but it might be progesterone as that's what some say here, though I've never had tests for progesterone either. The stuff in my experience is no toy as it is difficult to dose.

OP
D

dookie

@Suikerbuik

Thanks for your input. Do you think that research chemical could be contaminated, or do you think purity was ok?

Have you tried the milder exemestane or anastrozole?

It is really interesting about the nipples becoming more sensitive, how could that happen when estrogen is usually responsible for sensitive nipple?

paymanz

iv used it low dose,its about 1 month im on it.no bad sides as others report in their reviews.at start i took a bit higher dose like 1.25mg and i felt a mild dryness a few times in my joints but not all the time.but now i lowered my dose i dont have that bad sides.

opposite to what i read from other's experience it didnt decrease my libido,it even increased it.similar to dopamine agonists,but not as strong.i stopped taking bromo before starting letro.

i think i feel more patient and more focused.i just feel like it increased my testosterone level,all parameters related to T level improved.i didnt do lab test.i just tell you from what felt on it.

maybe my good experience with it is because i used low dose,i took 1/4 of a 2.5mg tablet every 4-5 day.if you want try it you can adjust it.it has a half life of 2-4 day.

also take a look at a article written by Marcus L. Gitterle .its small pdf ,he recommends very little dose of it.to increase T levels.

it probably increase progesterone and pregnenolone ,DHEA..etc too as it upregulates LH and FSH.and with reducing estrogen it is probably lowering cortisol and is anti serotonin and pro dopamine drug too.

Attachments

• letrozole.pdf
    66.2 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
OP
D

dookie

@paymanz
Thanks for chiming in. Did you notice bloat decreasing? Any reduction in bad mental states (restlessness, depression or anxiety)?
Does the effects of letro compare with anything else (other peat supplements) you have tried?

paymanz

@paymanz
Thanks for chiming in. Did you notice bloat decreasing? Any reduction in bad mental states (restlessness, depression or anxiety)?
Does the effects of letro compare with anything else (other peat supplements) you have tried?
Other peat supplements?!I don't know,peaty drug yes,its similar to bromocriptine as I said.I really surprised it increased my libido.I was expecting to have no libido on letro.
For sure I feel more calmness and confidenc in myself,things related to testosteron levels.I think you can't be nervous or depressed with a high testosterone.
And I think it works much better than testosterone replacement therapy.with trt other hormones may go very low as your LH & FSH comes down ,and so pregnenolone ,progestron ,dhea.
Yes all things you mentioned I think improved.
Other thing I observed is my testis size,they look bigger.sometimes I shined red light on them but I think letro is more responsible for that.

It had good effect on my orgasm latency too,not a big effect.and in a 2015 study they used a estrogen blocker to treat premature ejaculation with good outcom.so you may expect that too.
Clomiphene Effects on Idiopathic Premature Ejaculation - Nephro-Urology Monthly - - Kowsar

Last edited:

Koveras

Letrozole is supposed to be the strongest of all the AIs (aromatase inhibitors), and bodybuilders say it is the most effective tool against estrogen excess, and can often cure gyno by itself, without surgery.

Anyone who has tried it? What was your experience?
Did it help removing typical estro symptoms like water retention, emotionality, depression...?

Did it cause insomnia?

A clinical dose (2.5mg/day) of pharmaceutical letrozole/femara dropped estrogen to undetectable levels, caused testosterone to increase to about 150% of the previous level, caused some joint paint that mostly disappeared after several weeks, and libido was zero during that period. No other notable effects on mood. No insomnia.

A low dose (2.5mg/once weekly) dropped estrogen to the bottom end of the range, sustained a slightly lower testosterone level then above, same transient joint pain, same zero libido, no other notable effects on mood.

Libido was low-normal previous to that time period.

All the things you mentioned - water retention, mood, gyno - are all very multifactorial. Estrogen is one player alongside prolactin, cortisol, serotonin, histamine, circulating free fatty acids, diet, etc.

Someone could have almost no estrogen and still experience gyno with elevated prolactin. Or estrogen and prolactin could be low, but if a low carb and/or low calorie diet was followed, free fatty acids could be elevated, cortisol elevated, in a way that would maintain unfavourable states in the tissue.

It may be more or less relevant for any one person given their history. Too low of any of those factors causes their own set of issues as well. Be conservative with anything you decide to try.

Drugs may occasionally help people get out of an unfavourable physiological cycle but often if the underlying diet and lifestyle isn't addressed then the same issues are likely to creep back slowly (if they were resolved at all).

If drugs happen to be necessary, I guess make sure the ones you choose are of high quality and also take in the economics and viability of taking them for a prolonged period.

I'd also be inclined to think the quality/dosing/excipients of the vast majority of research chemicals is quite questionable.

Suikerbuik

What Koveras says.
I doub't its purity/ quality indeed.

DaveFoster

Letrozole. Not even once. "Nuking your estrogen levels is fun" said no one, ever.

0.5 mg and I was in hell for 2 weeks.

OP
D

dookie

Letrozole. Not even once. "Nuking your estrogen levels is fun" said no one, ever.

0.5 mg and I was in hell for 2 weeks.

Can you describe what that hell felt like?

Could the letrozole you got have been 'fake' or 'contaminated'?

DaveFoster

Absolutely not; it was definitely letro.

Acne cleared up, muscles became firm, and all my water weight went away. Hot flashes, dizzy spells, anxiety, paranoia, constant unquenchable thirst, horrible insomnia, borderline panic attacks, and restlessness were undesirable symptoms.

OP
D

dookie

@DaveFoster

When you say "0.5 mg and I was in hell for 2 weeks." do you mean you took one single 0.5 mg dose, and the effects were there for 2 weeks, or did you take 0.5 mg/day for a period of days/weeks?

What about depression - notice any increase or decrease in that? How would you describe the restlessness - like can't stop moving or walking type, or just can't get your mind together to read a book, etc?

DaveFoster

@DaveFoster

When you say "0.5 mg and I was in hell for 2 weeks." do you mean you took one single 0.5 mg dose, and the effects were there for 2 weeks, or did you take 0.5 mg/day for a period of days/weeks?

What about depression - notice any increase or decrease in that? How would you describe the restlessness - like can't stop moving or walking type, or just can't get your mind together to read a book, etc?
Like I couldn't stop moving; there were intermittent periods of high metabolism with adequate hydration and sugar (Gatorade); I felt focused and assertive.

I took I took approximately 0.5 mg total; 1 drop from the bottle, waited a day, then another drop; day four I took 3 drops. It floored my estrogen, and I went to the ER after almost passing out in class. Absolutely terrifying experience.

A.R

iv used it low dose,its about 1 month im on it.no bad sides as others report in their reviews.at start i took a bit higher dose like 1.25mg and i felt a mild dryness a few times in my joints but not all the time.but now i lowered my dose i dont have that bad sides.

opposite to what i read from other's experience it didnt decrease my libido,it even increased it.similar to dopamine agonists,but not as strong.i stopped taking bromo before starting letro.

i think i feel more patient and more focused.i just feel like it increased my testosterone level,all parameters related to T level improved.i didnt do lab test.i just tell you from what felt on it.

maybe my good experience with it is because i used low dose,i took 1/4 of a 2.5mg tablet every 4-5 day.if you want try it you can adjust it.it has a half life of 2-4 day.

also take a look at a article written by Marcus L. Gitterle .its small pdf ,he recommends very little dose of it.to increase T levels.

it probably increase progesterone and pregnenolone ,DHEA..etc too as it upregulates LH and FSH.and with reducing estrogen it is probably lowering cortisol and is anti serotonin and pro dopamine drug too.
Are you still experimenting with Letrozole?

Also if you don't mid me asking, approximately how much body fat percentage would you say you was? I think people with higher body fat levels do better with Letrozole because of the more aromatase.

paymanz

Are you still experimenting with Letrozole?

Also if you don't mid me asking, approximately how much body fat percentage would you say you was? I think people with higher body fat levels do better with Letrozole because of the more aromatase.
No i havent used it recently, i used it for 1-2 month.

I dont know my body fat percentage ,but im relatively lean.

Mybe i try letro in future again,but for now i just stick with ray reccommendations.

A.R

No i havent used it recently, i used it for 1-2 month.

I dont know my body fat percentage ,but im relatively lean.

Mybe i try letro in future again,but for now i just stick with ray reccommendations.
Did you experience an estrogen 'rebound' once you stopped the Letrozole?

type 2 ai's like adex or letro only temporarily bind to the binding site on the aromatase enzyme. One use is discontinued and the ai wears off...the aromatase rendered inactive by this binding becomes active again. The result is a temporary spike in estrogen.

letrozole rebound

paymanz

Did you experience an estrogen 'rebound' once you stopped the Letrozole?

type 2 ai's like adex or letro only temporarily bind to the binding site on the aromatase enzyme. One use is discontinued and the ai wears off...the aromatase rendered inactive by this binding becomes active again. The result is a temporary spike in estrogen.

letrozole rebound
No i didnt feel anything, no swelling for example.

Btw i think letro had one bad side for me, i think it made me a little bit more prone to depression ,more emotional.

I dont know ,maybe because estrogen makes your feelings a bit dull, so without estrogen you're more in touch with reality.

paymanz

I know i mentioned it was good on every aspect of mental health for me, but i have to admit in some days i felt a little bit more prone to depression and blues.

Vanced

Not tried letro but tried other AIs like exemestane and arimidex. I find them impossible to dose, the tiniest dose crashes my estrogen (and this is while taking testosterone), from what I have read this hyper sensitive response isn't normal though. Anyway, I have experienced crashed estrogen many times while trying to dial in the dose of AIs and the feeling is absolutely horrible (no emotion, anxiety, thirsty, muscle weakness, dead libido are just some of the symptoms), I would choose high estrogen over low any day. It can also take weeks to come back when crashed.

No point using letro to cure gyno, it may stop the gyno whilst on letro but probably will just come right back again once you stop. You should be looking at why the gyno has come about in the first place. Also consider getting as lean as you can, the gyno might not be as bad as you think.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals