Large Coffee Intake Spiking Serotonin/adrenaline?

sladerunner69

Lately I have bumped up my coffee intake to about 3 or 4, 16oz drips per day. I mix it with plenty of sugar and cream and drink milk and juice and eat fruit throughout the day so my blood sugar is high. That is > 1000mg of caffiene or more. I have decent energy but overall do not feel very good at all. I feel way too anxious and my mind is fuzzy and I have a slight headache. My emotions are not very significant and I feel a bit empty aside from being anxious. My libido is low. I also notice that my skin is looking older, very porous. And of course, after my 3rd cup my anus starts to burn and sting. I have to go to the bathroom every hour or so and sit on the toilet, only to pass a small amount of waste.

What in the sam heck is going on here? I am thinking the coffee is irritating my gut and increasing my serotonin, as well as sending adrenaline skyrocketing causing me to feel anxious and tired.

Herbie

If I go over board with coffee I switch to black tea with milk and sugar. The theanine is nice.

Herbie

Yeah thats true not sure how much the caffeine would balance it out.

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

I have post finasteride syndrome so I'm not about to go and find out, but worth trying to find some studies on. I need as hgh 5ar as possible. Even taking a little progesterone kills my sensitivity.

Herbie

Yeah could be risky in your case. Ill look into some study's. All the best with the recovery.

milk_lover

That's a lot of coffee man! I drink two cups of latte a day and one 200mg caffeine pill and that's more than enough for me.. I think that's around 500mg.

milk_lover

Try some glycine with coffee. I think they go great together. But don't heat the glycine in the coffee.. more like finish up the coffee and then take some glycine with Pepsi or something.

Richiebogie

While Ray says coffee is good, there is an upper limit!

People have died drinking too many "energy" drinks... Here's one story.

"Shani Clarke's son, Michael, used to drink at least four 500ml cans of Mother a day - as well as four to five cups of coffee before he was found slumped behind the wheel of the 11 tonne truck on the side of the road in Perth on January 30 this year.

The 35-year-old truck driver had suffered a massive heart attack and died from caffeine toxicity."

Michael Clark died from drinking FOUR energy drinks daily | Daily Mail Online

I wonder if he was on this forum...?

Seriously, just because 1 carrot a day is good does not mean 5 carrots a day is better.

64 oz caffeine sounds way too much. Maybe the ideal is 16 oz per day... but then you may need to go to 8 oz a day for a month to compensate for your over-consumption this week!

Last edited:
Feeling crappy? Cut back. Listen to your body. I always regret when I don't listen to mine. Intellect is one thing but results trump whatever theories we think are true.

Milena

Coffee, not caffeine makes me queasy if I drink too many cups of it.
I got 'addicted' to the free drip coffee on airports in the FBOs in the late 80's. Always drank it with loads of sugar and glucose creamer; grabbed a cup whenever I was passing. After 6 months, I didn't drink coffee for about 4 years.

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

Try some glycine with coffee. I think they go great together. But don't heat the glycine in the coffee.. more like finish up the coffee and then take some glycine with Pepsi or something.

Well what I do is take my coffee with gelatin when Im at home getting ready for class. When I get more coffee at the campus starbucks I don't use gelatin. Then I take about 3 scoops when I come home and am ready to fall asleep. Maybe I should try to find some glycine caps, but the fact that the coffee seems to be irritating my digestion AT ALL is still troubling.

While Ray says coffee is good, there is an upper limit!

People have died drinking too many "energy" drinks... Here's one story.

"Shani Clarke's son, Michael, used to drink at least four 500ml cans of Mother a day - as well as four to five cups of coffee before he was found slumped behind the wheel of the 11 tonne truck on the side of the road in Perth on January 30 this year.

The 35-year-old truck driver had suffered a massive heart attack and died from caffeine toxicity."

Michael Clark died from drinking FOUR energy drinks daily | Daily Mail Online

I wonder if he was on this forum...?

Seriously, just because 1 carrot a day is good does not mean 5 carrots a day is better.

64 oz caffeine sounds way too much. Maybe the ideal is 16 oz per day... but then you may need to go to 8 oz a day for a month to compensate for your over-consumption this week!

Whoa that is something else. 4 monsters and 5 cups of coffee will keep you on the road for 24 hours. There are a few people who drink that much or more. I remember this poster who said she drank coffee nonstop through the day, about 20 cups per day. And at one point Ray Peat himself was drinking 40 cups a day because he wanted to boost his thyroid. 40 cups is 4000mg of caffiene or more, but considering how strong Ray brews his coffee, 5000mg which is more than the truck driver. I would bet that the poor guy had low blood sugar and wasn't eating enough, or maybe just a couple bags of doritos or a pack of cookies but nothing enough to stabilize blood sugar or beneficial to thyroid. That is a scary story though. I remember an obese woman who lost her vision after drinking 20+ cans of redbull per day too, because her blood pressure went through the roof.

Feeling crappy? Cut back. Listen to your body. I always regret when I don't listen to mine. Intellect is one thing but results trump whatever theories we think are true.

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

I got 'addicted' to the free drip coffee on airports in the FBOs in the late 80's. Always drank it with loads of sugar and glucose creamer; grabbed a cup whenever I was passing. After 6 months, I didn't drink coffee for about 4 years.

Yeah so did you take caffiene pills instead and not have any problems? Im going to run by walmart today and grab some of their cheap caffiene pills, hopefully they help and I'll cut back on my drip coffee big league.

Milena

Yeah so did you take caffiene pills instead and not have any problems? Im going to run by walmart today and grab some of their cheap caffiene pills, hopefully they help and I'll cut back on my drip coffee big league.
I didn't do caffeine tabs then, and now, too much coffee, even with milk and plenty of sugar and sometimes, gelatine, make me queasy but not caffeine tabs.
Mine just have 50mg caffeine and 50mg glucose per tablet. Redbull doesn't make me queasy either but then again I only drink 250ml a day at most.
It's something about the other stuff in coffee.

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

I didn't do caffeine tabs then, and now, too much coffee, even with milk and plenty of sugar and sometimes, gelatine, make me queasy but not caffeine tabs.
Mine just have 50mg caffeine and 50mg glucose per tablet. Redbull doesn't make me queasy either but then again I only drink 250ml a day at most.
It's something about the other stuff in coffee.

How do the caffiene tabs have 50mg glucose per tablet? Oh wait, I was thinking 50 grams of glucose. Im still going to post this because I botherred to type it. I want to buy ome caffiene tabs but they are a whopping 3 dollars and eighty cence at walmart. Inflation man, jesus.

Milena

How do the caffiene tabs have 50mg glucose per tablet? Oh wait, I was thinking 50 grams of glucose. Im still going to post this because I botherred to type it. I want to buy ome caffiene tabs but they are a whopping 3 dollars and eighty cence at walmart. Inflation man, jesus.
You should worry, they are the equivalent of an hour's wages for 144 tablets when on special, here , about £6.50. I don't get paid much, lol.

DaveFoster

@sladerunner69 You're increasing the activity of ACTH and producing too much cortisol. Mirtazapine allows me to drink around 500 mg with zero problems. I'm going to bump it to 600 mg.

3 drops of Energin (or 100-200 mg niacinamide) every 3-4 hours can help; aspirin can as well. Also be wary that caffeine raises ammonia in doses of 300 mg+, so thiamine (300 mg every 3-4 hours) can offset this. An appetite stimulant can be very helpful with caffeine.

800mRepeats

FBO "coffee" - how could you?! :confused: o_O :eek: :hungover:

Milena

FBO "coffee" - how could you?! :confused: o_O :eek: :hungover:

When you're thirsty (it's in the 90's) and have no cash i.e. run out of the endless need for quarters (You really need a $ coin), or the only option in the machine is diet coke or Mountain Dew. I was stupid for 6 months, NEVER again, lol.

whodathunkit

What's the rationale for *that much* caffeine again...? I know it boosts metabolism but with everything there seems to be a point where more is not better.

That just seems like A LOT and I'm a little worried for you now, @sladerunner69. I mean that in a good way. That's just a crazy amount of coffee/caffeine.

Incidentally, regarding your itchy bumhole: coffee increases the output of watery bile by the liver BUT I don't think it does anything to improve the utilization of the bile. So if you've already got gut problems (IIRC you do, although I may have you confused with someone else ;)) and maybe you aren't reabsorbing/using your bile properly, too much coffee can compound the problems. If you're excreting bile instead of reabsorbing or using it properly, I think that can cause the itch.

That's in addition to what @DaveFoster said about it boosting stress hormones.

Intellect is one thing but results trump whatever theories we think are true.
:+1

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals