L-Histidine HCL on empty stomach or with meals?

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
Question is in the title.
The goal is to raise stomach acid.

Thanks.
@laleto12
Even though I have to be a necromancer in order to revive this thread:
Did l-histidine help you to raise stomach acid?
Do you still take histidine?
Did/do you have other benefits on histidine? Thank you so much!

OP
laleto12

laleto12

@laleto12
Even though I have to be a necromancer in order to revive this thread:
Did l-histidine help you to raise stomach acid?
Do you still take histidine?
Did/do you have other benefits on histidine? Thank you so much!
Hey,

Not particulatly no. I dont remember any benefits tbh. I don’t take it anymore.

Betain HCL helped me more to increase stomavh acid. I took that a couple of momths.

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
Hey,

Not particulatly no. I dont remember any benefits tbh. I don’t take it anymore.

Betain HCL helped me more to increase stomavh acid. I took that a couple of momths.
Thank you very much!
Were you able to get off the Betain HCL after a few months? Have you solved your low stomach acid problem now? Did you do anything else to fix the stomach acid problem other than Betain HCL?
Thank you so much again and have an awesome 2024!

Dave Clark

It is recommended, for the purpose of stomach acid, to take it on an empty stomach, 30 minutes before a meal, so it does not get amino acid competition, bound up in fiber, etc. I have used it that way, as recommended by Dr. Jaffe, and to my surprise it worked, all without any histamine reactions or anything like that. In fact, the first week I started it, I thought to myself that my stomach hadn't felt that normal in a long time. So, I think it is worth a try, and also something you don't have to use on a regular basis, just if you feel the need.

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
It is recommended, for the purpose of stomach acid, to take it on an empty stomach, 30 minutes before a meal, so it does not get amino acid competition, bound up in fiber, etc. I have used it that way, as recommended by Dr. Jaffe, and to my surprise it worked, all without any histamine reactions or anything like that. In fact, the first week I started it, I thought to myself that my stomach hadn't felt that normal in a long time. So, I think it is worth a try, and also something you don't have to use on a regular basis, just if you feel the need.
Awesome, thank you so much for your valuable Info on L-Histidine!!!
Do you have any URLs/links for me on Dr. Jaffe or a book title?
Were you able to get good digestion and stomach acid by using L-Histidine? How long did you take it before it restored digestion/stomach acid? Do you still take it?

On an empty stomach makes sense, I've done that for about 3 days and I'm not noticing much digestion-wise, my stools are still way too soft (sorry if TMI). BUT my sleep seems to have improved tremendously since on L-Histidine and that's huge for me. I hope sleep stays that way. I'll continue taking L-Histidine for at least a month and hopefully stomach acid and digestion will improve for me, too. Thank you and have an awesome 2024! :)

Last edited:

Dave Clark

Awesome, thank you so much for your valuable Info on L-Histidine!!!
Do you have any URLs/links for me on Dr. Jaffe or a book title?
Were you able to get good digestion and stomach acid by using L-Histidine? How long did you take it before it restored digestion/stomach acid? Do you still take it?

On an empty stomach makes sense, I've done that for about 3 days and I'm not noticing much digestion-wise, my stools are still way too soft (sorry if TMI). BUT my sleep seems to have improved tremendously since on L-Histidine and that's huge for me. I hope sleep stays that way. I'll continue taking L-Histidine for at least a month and hopefully stomach acid and digestion will improve for me, too. Thank you and have an awesome 2024! :)
From Jaffe, I could not find much, just from a few videos and small articles. But, I had heard about L-histidine before for that issue, and wanted to try it. I was paranoid because I deal with allergies off and on, and I was concerned that it would make more histamine and cause a reaction, but I don't think there is a direct action in that regard.
My stomach wasn't in real bad shape when Ii started the L-histidine, so I didn't feel an extreme difference, I just noticed that I felt like I did when I was young, where you don't even notice your stomach, or have problems with it {sort of hard to explain}. I keep some in stock, so if I do have my stomach give me some problems, I would do a week or two of the L=histidine. I also do other things for stomach health like ACV, enzymes, bitters, etc., and they have helped a lot.

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
From Jaffe, I could not find much, just from a few videos and small articles. But, I had heard about L-histidine before for that issue, and wanted to try it. I was paranoid because I deal with allergies off and on, and I was concerned that it would make more histamine and cause a reaction, but I don't think there is a direct action in that regard.
My stomach wasn't in real bad shape when Ii started the L-histidine, so I didn't feel an extreme difference, I just noticed that I felt like I did when I was young, where you don't even notice your stomach, or have problems with it {sort of hard to explain}. I keep some in stock, so if I do have my stomach give me some problems, I would do a week or two of the L=histidine. I also do other things for stomach health like ACV, enzymes, bitters, etc., and they have helped a lot.
Sounds awesome, thank you for your detailed testimonial/advice! Very much appreciated! :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals