Dr. Pfeiffer Advice On Lower Histamine, Controversial? L-Methionine

• Thread starter Deleted member 5487
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5487

"Dr. Pfeiffer noted that males who had excessive L-Histidine levels had the problem of premature ejaculation. He gave these men supplementation of 500 mg. of L-Methionine along with 500 mg. of magnesium and 50mg. of vitamin B6. This helped normalize the levels of histidine, and alleviated the problem of premature ejaculation. Those taking L-Methionine should also take a B complex with folic acid to help prevent excessive homocysteine levels. (Take 2 Montiff B Complete daily - 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening to get sufficient folic acid and B 6.)." "Supplementing with L-Histidine will increase histamine levels as proved by Carl Pfeiffer, M.D., and Ph.D. in his research on non-orgasmic women. He administered doses of 500mg. of L-Histidine before each meal (for a total of 3 per day) restoring sexual pleasure in women. (He also helped women who had irregular periods become regular by giving doses of 4g. per day)."

Any thoughts?

Nick21

I will soon be taking methionine as part of antihistamine trial. I just started beta alanine yesterday evening. I found that stinging nettle leaf and DAO have helped reduce my headaches and general malaise at the say 25% level. Pepcid seems to help with IBS-D, but I am still early in this trial. The information on this forum has been invaluable.