Relationship between stomach acidity and meat/ beef consumption

GreekDemiGod

Forgive if this is too basic of a question, but I was wondering if high stomach acid is needed to efficiently digest meat(red meat especially).
Is red meat actually easy or hard to digest? Or does it depend on your stomach acidity?
Everybody talking about meat being least allergenic food group.
Cooked red meat does not feel that easy on the digestion to me, it just feels like it's sitting in my digestive tract for hours without moving. Even rare/ medium rare sirloin does not feel that easy to digest.
Seafood and white meat(chicken, turkey) feels easier to digest than beef.

Do people who thrive on animal protein just have better stomach acid?

Deborah888

Forgive if this is too basic of a question, but I was wondering if high stomach acid is needed to efficiently digest meat(red meat especially).
Is red meat actually easy or hard to digest? Or does it depend on your stomach acidity?
Everybody talking about meat being least allergenic food group.
Cooked red meat does not feel that easy on the digestion to me, it just feels like it's sitting in my digestive tract for hours without moving. Even rare/ medium rare sirloin does not feel that easy to digest.
Seafood and white meat(chicken, turkey) feels easier to digest than beef.

Do people who thrive on animal protein just have better stomach acid?
Wow I wonder the same thing. My gallbladder acts up after red meat but not chicken or fish or other meats. I love beef though so I want to figure it out. I take enzymes, bile acid, and/or apple cider vinegar depending on what I'm eating due to low stomach acidity and gallbladder issues (which began a year ago after a high protein diet). But none of those help with red meat after-effects whether it's lean or not.

JohnHafterson

I eat a lot of meat probably 1.75 lbs a day. I have good stomach acid which probably helps digest, I also use salt ( sodium chloride NaCl ) and thiamine ( thiamine hydrochloride ) both probably help a little with hydrochloric acid production ( HCl ).

I think Peat mentions thyroid as being important for stomach acid but issue may be more complex than just high or low stomach acid in terms of not handling meat.