High-dose thiamine: meals or empty stomach?

freyasam

I'm working up to high doses of thiamine to hopefully recover from ME/CFS, overweight and problems with constant hunger.

I'm very sensitive to b1 so I'm going slowly. Now at 30 mg B1 mononitrate and 30 mg B1 Hcl. I also take 20 mg B2, 10 mg B6, and 20 mg B5 once a day, plus magnesium bicarb water.

I know to take the B1 2 hours before coffee. Dr. Constantini says to not take it with citrus juice. But is it necessary or optimal to take these B vitamins on an empty stomach?

The timing of all this is hard if you're supposed to take multiple doses of the B vitamins on an empty stomach and 2 hours away from coffee, but still finish everything before 3 pm to avoid insomnia.

I need to eat fruit and milk when I wake up. Can I take the B vitamins then, or is it important to wait till I have an empty stomach?

Last edited:

LucH

Hi, B1 has an impact on glycemia (slower). So, if you lack glucose in the blood, you feel hungry when taking B1.
NB: B1 slows down the availability of the carbohydrate. So no to take before the meal but 30' after in case of glycemia problem.

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
I'm working up to high doses of thiamine to hopefully recover from ME/CFS, overweight and problems with constant hunger.

I'm very sensitive to b1 so I'm going slowly. Now at 30 mg B1 mononitrate and 30 mg B1 Hcl. I also take 20 mg B2, 10 mg B6, and 20 mg B5 once a day, plus magnesium bicarb water.

I know to take the B1 2 hours before coffee. Dr. Constantini says to not take it with citrus juice. But is it necessary or optimal to take these B vitamins on an empty stomach?

The timing of all this is hard if you're supposed to take multiple doses of the B vitamins on an empty stomach and 2 hours away from coffee, but still finish everything before 3 pm to avoid insomnia.

I need to eat fruit and milk when I wake up. Can I take the B vitamins then, or is it important to wait till I have an empty stomach?
Why do you take mononitrate and HCL form?
As far as I know they dont cross the blood brain barrier and for issues you have I think they won't work.
Take either benfotiamine, allitiamine, sulbutiamine or prosultiamine from haidut supplement. First 3 you can find on Elliot Overtone's website in one supplement all together or allitiamine separately. Very quality supplements, no additives. On iHerb you have benfo and allitiamine separately.

But if you really wanto take those forms then yes on empty stomach cause they are water soluble.
Those I mentioned are all fat soluble so best with fatty food.

OP
F

freyasam

Why do you take mononitrate and HCL form?
As far as I know they dont cross the blood brain barrier and for issues you have I think they won't work.
Take either benfotiamine, allitiamine, sulbutiamine or prosultiamine from haidut supplement. First 3 you can find on Elliot Overtone's website in one supplement all together or allitiamine separately. Very quality supplements, no additives. On iHerb you have benfo and allitiamine separately.

But if you really wanto take those forms then yes on empty stomach cause they are water soluble.
Those I mentioned are all fat soluble so best with fatty food.
I'm working up to the other forms. I have Thiamax (TTFD) but I wanted to slowly increase from the gentler forms first.

I forgot that TTFD could be taken with fatty food. That will make the timing easier when I switch to that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals