Current approach

It would be very helpful to me if you could offer a slight critique of my current approach to health/joy.

Diet:
For a typical day, see . (http://imgur.com/TZ0Emt3 )

About every other day I add +-50 G of gelatin, lamb liver twice a week, oysters about 1 pound a week. 1-2 carrots as salad every other day. Caloric intake determined by appetite, it seems to vary between 3800 and 4300 kcal or so, depending on activity.

Hormonal supplementation:
-175 ug T4 taken 2 hours before bed
-43.75 ug T3 Spread out across the day, always with some sugar, most in the morning and early afternoon
-Pregnenolone, occasionally 100 mg, when under increased stress

Nutritional supplementation:
-Calcium carbonate, 10.000 mg a day
-Magnesium glycinate, 3.000 mg a day
-Thiamine, 200 mg a day
-Vitamin A, 60.000 iu a day
-Vitamin K2, 15 mg a day
-Mixed tocopherols, 2000 mg a day
-Occasional niacinamide, around 100-200 mg at a time
-Occasional vitamin D, 5000 iu

Other stabilizing supplemental factors:
-Caffeine(sometimes coffee, usually pure caffeine powder), 200-280 mg a day(taken in one dose in the morning)
-Nicotine, 6-12 mg daily, taken in doses of 0.5-2 mg at a time.
-Diphenhydramine, 37.5 mg daily 2 hours before bed(intending to wean off this eventually)
-Occasional very low dose psilocybin mushrooms
-Occasional aspirin at 500-1000 mg

Likely in the future occasional minocyline and methylene blue

Light usage:
-214 W LED, 50% 660 nm, 30% 630 nm, 20% 830 nm used at 100% power, direct skin contact on belly, about 3 hours a day
-214 W LED, 50% 660 nm, 30% 630 nm, 20% 830 nm used at 60% power on testicles, about 30 minutes a day
-A few weak incandescents to light the room, and a 59W white LED, not very close to me, just to make the room brighter, minimal lighting of skin

Specific stabilizing practices:
Sitting meditation, 2-3 hours a day
Hypoventilation practice, 40 minutes a day
Handstands, 3-5 minutes a day

Bloodwork:
None recently performed

Pulse/Temp:
Wake up pulse: around 88
Wake up temp: around 36.9 C

Peak day pulse: around 98
Peak day temp: around 37.5 C

Remaining "problems" to be solved:
-Bliss depends a lot on weather, I'd like to get things stabilized enough to feel constant bliss even in cloudy/humid weather.
-Slight helplessness, especially when lacking sleep, seems to be improving with current overall strategy, however.
-Sometimes digestive disturbance, usually when under-slept

Issues I'd like to optimize further in particular:
-Focus/attention span, reading longer complex matters without getting lost
-Verbal eloquence, speaking in a calm, clear, and elegant manner
-Motivation, especially for learning
-General intelligence
-Memory, both short term and long term
-Creativity, specifically in music production
-Aesthetics, hair thickness and coherence of its structuring, facial shape, skin, body composition, etc

Much love.

Giraffe

constrictedvoid said:
post 103519 Nutritional supplementation:
-Thiamine, 200 mg a day
-Vitamin K2, 15 mg a day
Why do you supplement calcium and magnesium? Why so large amounts of everything?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dean

constrictedvoid said:
post 103615
Joocy_J said:
What do you use for nicotine? Gum? or something else? thanks
Yup, gum, may eventually switch to another medium.

Where have you found the nicotine helpful? I've been considering giving it a try for mental energy/concentration/focus/attention span; but since you mention those remain areas of concern, I take it nicotine hasn't been helpful or sufficiently helpful in those regards?

OP
C
Giraffe said:
post 103621
constrictedvoid said:
post 103519 Nutritional supplementation:
-Thiamine, 200 mg a day
-Vitamin K2, 15 mg a day
Why do you supplement calcium and magnesium? Why so large amounts of everything?

They lower my need for sodium, improve my tolerance to fluids, and energize me quickly after taking them.

OP
C
Dean said:
post 103622
constrictedvoid said:
post 103615
Joocy_J said:
What do you use for nicotine? Gum? or something else? thanks
Yup, gum, may eventually switch to another medium.

Where have you found the nicotine helpful? I've been considering giving it a try for mental energy/concentration/focus/attention span; but since you mention those remain areas of concern, I take it nicotine hasn't been helpful or sufficiently helpful in those regards?
Fluid tolerance, less sodium need mostly. I wouldn't say mental energy/concentration/focus/attention span are true areas of concern, I'd just like to further enhance them, they are better than at any point in my life.

Dean

fluid tolerance? had no idea of the nicotine connection there. I could definitely use some help there. Thanks.

OP
C
Dean said:
post 103629 fluid tolerance? had no idea of the nicotine connection there. I could definitely use some help there. Thanks.
Yeah, for me the effect is very pronounced. When well-slept I can pretty much tolerate all the fluid I want, but when under-slept, nicotine is a great aid in that area for me.

Giraffe

Supposed your body can handle those huge amounts of calcium and magnesium... Calcium carbonate is a phosphate binder. You might be risking hypophosphatemia.

Parsifal

You are already drinking 1 gallon of milk/day and taking 10.000mg of calcium carbonate/day.
Way to much in my opinion but not sure why you feel you need that much???

I believe that Peat said that acetylcholine was an excitotoxin so I would stay far from nicotine. What are your health issues? Why did you start the Peat approach?

OP
C
Parsifal said:
post 103894 You are already drinking 1 gallon of milk/day and taking 10.000mg of calcium carbonate/day.
Way to much in my opinion but not sure why you feel you need that much???

I believe that Peat said that acetylcholine was an excitotoxin so I would stay far from nicotine. What are your health issues? Why did you start the Peat approach?

The extra calcium and magnesium seem to aid in tolerating fluids, and energize me acutely.
My health issues some years ago were quite severe, fatigue to the point of not being able to walk to the end of the street, my mother had to take care of me. I was diagnosed with hypopituiarism, a diagnosis they later retracted, possibly some extreme stress and dieting caused the endocrine abnormalities. Over the past years, mostly applying Peat's ideas has largely restored my health.

OP
C
Giraffe said:
post 103883 Supposed your body can handle those huge amounts of calcium and magnesium... Calcium carbonate is a phosphate binder. You might be risking hypophosphatemia.
Could one determine this by bloodwork? What makes you think this effect is substantial?
Also, the dose of magnesium is the amount of mg of magnesium glycinate, not of magnesium. It's a little over 500 mg I think, you still think that's really high?

OP
C
I must add, I had osteopenia, determine by DEXA scan. Quite possibly that is reversed by now though.

OP
C
So to clarify, this is about 4000 mg supplemental calcium and 500 mg supplemental magnesium, are those likely too high?

Giraffe

constrictedvoid said:
post 103916
Giraffe said:
post 103883 Supposed your body can handle those huge amounts of calcium and magnesium... Calcium carbonate is a phosphate binder. You might be risking hypophosphatemia.
Could one determine this by bloodwork? What makes you think this effect is substantial?
I am neither biochemist nor pharmacist nor someone with any medical training. This is my layperson's understanding:

Calcium carbonate is used to treat hyperphosphatemia in patients with chronic kidney disease.

Serum phosphate levels can be determined. Patients with severe hypophosphatemia (by definition < 1.0 mg/dL [0.3 mmol/L]) can be symptomless. If symptoms are present untreated hypophosphatemia can lead to severe complications within a few days.

If you don't have symptoms of hypercalcemia now your body is probably coping with the huge intake at the moment. I wonder if chronic high intake would eventually satisfy your body's buffers resulting in severe hypercalcemia (hyperalkalosis) developing very fast. Any drug that interferes with mineral metabolism can have "unforeseen" effects on you.

If I were you I would stay away from baking soda. See thread on milk-alkali syndrome.

Link to medical lectures on youtube

OP
C
Giraffe said:
post 103923
constrictedvoid said:
post 103916
Giraffe said:
I am neither biochemist nor pharmacist nor someone with any medical training. This is my layperson's understanding:

Calcium carbonate is used to treat hyperphosphatemia in patients with chronic kidney disease.

Serum phosphate levels can be determined. Patients with severe hypophosphatemia (by definition < 1.0 mg/dL [0.3 mmol/L]) can be symptomless. If symptoms are present untreated hypophosphatemia can lead to severe complications within a few days.

If you don't have symptoms of hypercalcemia now your body is probably coping with the huge intake at the moment. I wonder if chronic high intake would eventually satisfy your body's buffers resulting in severe hypercalcemia (hyperalkalosis) developing very fast. Any drug that interferes with mineral metabolism can have "unforeseen" effects on you.

If I were you I would stay away from baking soda. See thread on milk-alkali syndrome.

Link to medical lectures on youtube

Ok, thank you. Baking soda does make me feel off, interesting. I've had the high calcium intake for quite a while with no problems otherwise.

tara

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals