Ideas To Improve Stomach Acid?

Kang

Thank you for sharing that @Zpol , very interested to hear how things work out for you. How much salt do you guys eat? Its important for stomach acid production. I've had body builders including myself go as high as 30g of salt daily.

Zpol

Thank you for sharing that @Zpol , very interested to hear how things work out for you. How much salt do you guys eat? Its important for stomach acid production. I've had body builders including myself go as high as 30g of salt daily.

Lots of salt! I add it liberally to almost everything. I haven't quantified the amount though. It's probably helping but not 100%.

Kang

Lots of salt! I add it liberally to almost everything. I haven't quantified the amount though. It's probably helping but not 100%.

I do the same but in my experience I can’t salt my food enough to get what I need, so I usually wash down half a tsp several times daily plus before bed.

Zpol

@Kang
Do you use Kosher salt or Sea salt? I'm still unsure about what's the best type. Many members on this forum recommend Kosher, but it's seems so overly processed. My instinct is to stay as close to natural as possible and so use the sea salt or celtic salt.

Kang

@Kang
Do you use Kosher salt or Sea salt? I'm still unsure about what's the best type. Many members on this forum recommend Kosher, but it's seems so overly processed. My instinct is to stay as close to natural as possible and so use the sea salt or celtic salt.

Good points we use pickling kicker salt both course and fine but remember iodine is important so we also have regular iodized salt for thyroid. I stay away from anything coloured

Zpol

Good points we use pickling kicker salt both course and fine but remember iodine is important so we also have regular iodized salt for thyroid. I stay away from anything coloured

I've been using white sea salt but still unsure it is best. I am supposedly deficient in iodine so maybe I should add in some regular iodized salt. thanks!

fradon

try some lemon water half an hour before your meal. quarter cup of water with a quarter wedge of lemon...can increase stomach acid and also help with bile flow.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I can agree that increasing salt has had a profound positive benefit on my digestion too. Appetite increase as well.
Have you see my post about stomach acid OP?
All The Possible Ways To INCREASE Stomach Acid

ddjd

@Ron J @Queequeg @DaveFoster

Unless i'm mistaken, you're getting completely mixed up between TMG which is also known as Betaine (used by people with methylation problems and high homocysteine), and Betaine HCL which is given to people for low stomach acid.

The OP is talking about betaine HCL to help digest food and then he references a haidut post, where haidut is talking about TMG, nothing to do with Betaine HCL.

Motif

Bump. Any further input?

I've always had digestion issues; it might be connected to low thyroid, cortisol, and stress.

I had some good experiences with betaine HCL, but it's contraindicated with aspirin.

Cyproheptadine is an option as well.
Were you able to improve your digestion?

Motif

I have low stomach acidity too and so cannot absorb vitamins, especially crucial ones like B12, plus I have gastritis and recurring shingles. From my research glycine, taurine, and lysine can improve these issues, hence gelatin and hydrolyzed collagen are good, but, histame, arginine, and tryptophan can make things worse which one or all are in gelatin and hydrolyzed collagen.
I just started with @Kang 's AMINO PRO, and so far so good. It contains all those good AA's and not the bad ones. I have not gotten vitamin levels retested yet but will report when I do. Perhaps this supp could work for you in combo with healthy food sources. Just a thought.
Now years later what helped your digestion the most? Did you try that stuff? My digestion really sucks

Zpol

Now years later what helped your digestion the most? Did you try that stuff? My digestion really sucks
Definitely the bovine pancreas supplement that I take now has helped the most. It is a game changer for me.
I've been taking it for about a year now.
I'd say it improved my digestion by about 75%. I'm trying to get to 100% though so still working at it. I've had another huge improvement recently. I think due a colostrum supplement but it may be coincidental, not sure yet.
Zero starch helped somewhat too.

I do take the AminoPro as kind of a replacement for collagen and gelatin (which I still don't take due to the issues I stated above).

Motif

Definitely the bovine pancreas supplement that I take now has helped the most. It is a game changer for me.
I've been taking it for about a year now.
I'd say it improved my digestion by about 75%. I'm trying to get to 100% though so still working at it. I've had another huge improvement recently. I think due a colostrum supplement but it may be coincidental, not sure yet.
Zero starch helped somewhat too.

I do take the AminoPro as kind of a replacement for collagen and gelatin (which I still don't take due to the issues I stated above).
That’s good to know!
But then your problem was not stomach acid but more encymes I guess? What did you try before that ?

Zpol

But then your problem was not stomach acid but more encymes I guess? What did you try before that ?
Yes. I think that pancreatic enzymes are key because they are involved in not only digestion but lysing away fibrosis and plaque. As we know, PUFA depletes these enzymes and therefore I think it makes sense to take them supplementally for a time (at least for those of us who need extra help in addition to healthy lifestyle). I've tried many of the popular digestive enzymes, like Digest Gold and high dose proteolytic enzymes (including serrapeptase), etc., but none made a noticable difference. Additionally, I read that RP said that the supplemental proteolytic enzymes can actually degrade the inner layer of blood vessels, elsewhere I read they can cause bleeding disorders. So eventually I came across the dessicated bovine pancreas. It's technically a food in my opinion, so I figure it's safer than taking those laboratory made enzymes. Also RP mentioned the use of dessicated pancreas as a successful pancreatic cancer treatment. For the record, I have also tried betaine Hcl but it gave me acid reflux and I think it can be habit forming so I quit it.

On a side note, after a year of taking pancreas, I think I have become cured of Raynaud's phenomenon. For 25 years I've had Raynaud's attacks almost daily in January and February (the coldest months here in Wisconsin), and this year I haven't had a single attack!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals