Hyperthyroid Vs. Adrenalin/Cortisol And Lactic Acid

Sucrates

Thanks for your thoughts, @Sucrates. Much appreciated.

You're welcome.
bb42e4df_Tip-of-the-hat.gif

L-carnitine is what I would try.

Effects of carnitine on thyroid hormone action. - PubMed - NCBI

Abstract
By experiments on cells (neurons, hepatocytes, and fibroblasts) that are targets for thyroid hormones and a randomized clinical trial on iatrogenic hyperthyroidism, we validated the concept that L-carnitine is a peripheral antagonist of thyroid hormone action. In particular, L-carnitine inhibits both triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4) entry into the cell nuclei. This is relevant because thyroid hormone action is mainly mediated by specific nuclear receptors. In the randomized trial, we showed that 2 and 4 grams per day of oral L-carnitine are capable of reversing hyperthyroid symptoms (and biochemical changes in the hyperthyroid direction) as well as preventing (or minimizing) the appearance of hyperthyroid symptoms (or biochemical changes in the hyperthyroid direction). It is noteworthy that some biochemical parameters (thyrotropin and urine hydroxyproline) were refractory to the L-carnitine inhibition of thyroid hormone action, while osteocalcin changed in the hyperthyroid direction, but with a beneficial end result on bone. A very recent clinical observation proved the usefulness of L-carnitine in the most serious form of hyperthyroidism: thyroid storm. Since hyperthyroidism impoverishes the tissue deposits of carnitine, there is a rationale for using L-carnitine at least in certain clinical settings.

Arctic Fire

You're welcome.

@Sucrates: It seems like some Peaty tools for managing stress hormones might pose problems for hyperT people. As you mentioned above, progesterone (and for analogous reasons, pregnenolone) and niacinamide might be examples. Have you been able to use stuff like aspirin, glycine, red light, cyproheptadine, alkali minerals without problems when you're hyperT?

Sucrates

They all seemed fine to me. Used lots of aspirin, glycine and cyproheptadine. Niacinamide needed to be low and with food or it gave stress symptoms. I've been using red light on my thyroid and antibodies are coming down (not saying that's the reason). I did use 3-6mg progesterone without problems in later stages, wouldn't recommend it, but that was my experience.

Arctic Fire

They all seemed fine to me. Used lots of aspirin, glycine and cyproheptadine. Niacinamide needed to be low and with food or it gave stress symptoms. I've been using red light on my thyroid and antibodies are coming down (not saying that's the reason). I did use 3-6mg progesterone without problems in later stages, wouldn't recommend it, but that was my experience.

Thank you for sharing these experiences.

ddjd

Can someone help me understand the cortisol/adrenalin governing metabolism and how this feels and what to do about what I'm guess are adrenalin symptoms?
I think at least in my case its either high cortisol or high Adrenaline. It's quite rare to have both high I think. More like a see saw situation

RatRancher

Sorry for the late entry but,
You may have a "leaky" gut and too much lactic acid in your gut from la producing bacteria.
I have your symptoms, plus a few more. I am pretty confident that it is the result of a compromised digestive system.
T3,T4, cypro,progesterone etc only had short term benefit. Short as in a few hours. I have had full blood panel tests and the only thing elevated was CO2. EKG normal. TSH sub .9.
The magic pill does not exist. Unless someone knows a pill that wipes out SIBO and bad colon bacteria, and recolonizes with less pathogenic ones while healing gut permeability. If you do know, let us in on it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals