Amino Acids With Or Without Food?

firebreather

Most of the times I've purchased some type of amino acid like Tyrosine or Taurine, etc it always says to take between meals or on an empty stomach. That's somewhat hard to do for those of us who are trying to eat often to restore metabolism.

But I've repeatedly read haidut saying that he takes them with meals.

Most people would probably say to take it in a way that feels best. Well I pretty much don't feel anything from any supplement or medication so I'm asking your opinion.

What is the best way that you have found to take various amino acids - with or without food?

milk_lover

My vote would be "with food." Peat mentioned in an email that industrial amino acids could be inflammatory, so taking them with meals would reduce inflammation.

What-a-Riot

If you have any snacks or small meals in the day that aren't protein rich that would maybe be an ideal time as there won't be other amino acids competing for this or that transporter. I don't know enough about it, I know the bcaas use the same transporter, taurine and beta-alanine, lysine and arginine. Also you'll wanna know whether whatever AA your supplementing induces insulin secretion, in that case you may need some sugar with it. Depends on how you respond and how well you know how to interpret your bodies responses. Safe bet is to take them with food. If I'm taking isolated amino acids, I often have a soda or some juice between breakfast and lunch, so I take them with that

superhuman

Hmm anyone tried with and without food and noticed any difference? i struggle with Taurine causing lower stomach bloat and slower bowels, and i take it with food

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals