Started Reacting To Amino Acids

DesertRat

I've been taking a mixture of niacinamide, BCAA, taurine, glycine, l-lysine, l-threonine, and l-phenylalanine in ratios suggested (indirectly by Haidut to Zacchariah). I was unable to tolerate even a small amount of beta-alanine which is why I left it out of the mix. Starting last summer, I did great on it, took double dose BID.
This June, I tried to resume one double dose after a period of not taking it at all, and it made me feel dizzy and very strange. This same reaction arose each of the 3 times I tried to resume it. Otherwise I felt fine without it. What could this be? Any ideas?
I've been wanting to reintroduce aminos because I don't manage to get adequate protein many days. I've been traveling overseas where it is hard to find protein that is gluten free and low PUFA without spending on a fancy sit-down restaurant, so I've been trying to supplement my coffee/milk/juice with aminos. I have so much product around but would have to get more l-threonine if I get the amino combo to work for me again. My concern is that it could be making me imbalanced as so many of the "so-called essential" amino acids are not included.

theLaw

Might want to try 4T (or less) of activated charcoal to clean out your gut bacteria just to be safe. I had some strange to reactions to BCAAs before using ac and carrot salad.

If there are no other digestive issues after a clean gut, then I would question the purity of your sups.

Also, sounds like you might have a liver and/or thyroid issue especially if you're having trouble with getting enough protein. Unfortunately, BCAAs will probably not resolve that.

Caffeine + K2 for the win!!!

Caffeine Reverses Stress, Insulin Resistance, Hypertension

Cheers!:D

OP
D

DesertRat

Thanks! I think gut could be an issue as the second day on our trip I had something that made me nauseous, dizzy, fatigued, and gut pain; then it went away but I wasn't normal for the entire trip, and now I'm back in the US suffering from my normal mold reactions.... I will try the AT, as awful as it tastes. And once I get back to Italy, coffee is my go to drink.

J

James IV

I'd Stop taking them, rather than trying to figure out a way to make them "work."

ddjd

I've been taking a mixture of niacinamide, BCAA, taurine, glycine, l-lysine, l-threonine, and l-phenylalanine in ratios suggested (indirectly by Haidut to Zacchariah). I was unable to tolerate even a small amount of beta-alanine which is why I left it out of the mix. Starting last summer, I did great on it, took double dose BID.
out of interest what does the threonine help with?

Pointless

Dissociation is a side effect of lysine. Luckily, milk has a lot of it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals