Krill Oil Recommendations

member11823

Hello,

I know that the majority of the fish oils on the market are rancid and with poor quality. But I think there are some exclusions out there. How about the Jarrow's krill oil? Is it ok? Is the Krill oil of Now a better option?

Thanks

Dave Clark

I think you are going to be hard pressed to get an endorsement for any PUFA supplement on this forum, or at least should be.
Call me crazy, but asking about krill oil on a Ray Peat forum is much like asking about what beef to eat on a vegan forum.

Any reliable brand of soy oil around?

boris

Yes! Just look for the "heart healthy" badge and you're good :lolno:.
sc-fb-hearthealthy-min.png

1C6F7944495749EF86EBB819522706F5.ashx

postman

All of them suck and they quickly become rancid in room temperature

ddjd

I've done a very short experiment with krill oil and actually noticed quite dopaminergic effects. I'm not sure of the mechanism though

mostlylurking

I've done a very short experiment with krill oil and actually noticed quite dopaminergic effects. I'm not sure of the mechanism though
Around 2014, I took a high quality fish oil (krill? I can't remember) for about 6 months. I developed lipofuscin age spots on my face and I also got cataracts! Then I found Ray Peat and I've been avoiding PUFA (all forms) like the plague for the past 8 years. The cataracts are no problem now; didn't need the surgery after all. The age spots have faded and reduced in size now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals