Dietary Oils Management

OP
Ell

Ell

ok, so please, don't reply to me, ok ? We have nothing to discuss !!

OP
Ell

Ell

Good luck to you Sir. I hope there are no hard feelings. I just like to keep the Ray Peat Forum about Ray Peat stuff.
Thanks. And more Good luck to you to in your Crusade !! Because, I see lots of non-Ray Peat stuff on the forums here, so you certainly have your work cut out. I'm sooo glad you stopped me before I got carried away :) Go get em !!

Thanks. And more Good luck to you to in your Crusade !! Because, I see lots of non-Ray Peat stuff on the forums here, so you certainly have your work cut out. I'm sooo glad you stopped me before I got carried away :) Go get em !!

Aww! I so did not expect that! I respect you immensely for your response. I am a girl on a mission and I am so happy this turned our so well. I look forward to more conversations with you!

OP
Ell

Ell

Aww! I so did not expect that! I respect you immensely for your response. I am a girl on a mission and I am so happy this turned our so well. I look forward to more conversations with you!
aww, no need for any respect or any of that stuff, I'm just another nobody. OMG, there's like, so much non-Peat stuff, I checked the 10 topics on the main page and they are: hypochorhydria, serotonin, "the unvaccinated", hair loss, dehydration, child subject to parental conflict, arthritis after a jab, how to avoid masks, Joe Biden, rebellion against the mandate, copper..." It is extremely difficult to keep people on-point evidently !! Luckily I found you. I wonder if you have any opinions on the FDA having permitted certain PUFA's to be prescribed by MD's as treatments for various disease conditions ? Since R. Peat is a grad of Oregon State, this might be of interest: Essential Fatty Acids Thanks !

Jam

aww, no need for any respect or any of that stuff, I'm just another nobody. OMG, there's like, so much non-Peat stuff, I checked the 10 topics on the main page and they are: hypochorhydria, serotonin, "the unvaccinated", hair loss, dehydration, child subject to parental conflict, arthritis after a jab, how to avoid masks, Joe Biden, rebellion against the mandate, copper..." It is extremely difficult to keep people on-point evidently !! Luckily I found you. I wonder if you have any opinions on the FDA having permitted certain PUFA's to be prescribed by MD's as treatments for various disease conditions ? Since R. Peat is a grad of Oregon State, this might be of interest: Essential Fatty Acids Thanks !
Have you read Unsaturated fatty acids: Nutritionally essential, or toxic?

OP
Ell

Ell

Don't ya just dis-like it, when a news headline or book title ends in a question mark ? It is the author telling us tacitly that they don't know the answer. So, when I want to feel more confused, I'll select a news article with a question mark at the end, knowing full well I won't know anything more after I read it than I did before, because even the author saw it fit to put that question mark there !! ?

Jam

Don't ya just dis-like it, when a news headline or book title ends in a question mark ? It is the author telling us tacitly that they don't know the answer. So, when I want to feel more confused, I'll select a news article with a question mark at the end, knowing full well I won't know anything more after I read it than I did before, because even the author saw it fit to put that question mark there !! ?
Because it is a rhetorical question.

OP
Ell

Ell

Because it is a rhetorical question.

Yeah, managing one's dietary oils is probably in the top 5 hardest things to do as far as healthy eating goes. First one has to learn about glyceryl esters occurence, reactions, syntheses, then one has to read a ton of biochem research, and then one has to filter out erroneous interpretations. And then of course the ultimate question: "What does this data really mean?". Things are complicated indeed ! Fortunately, nature provides us many lessons. Forgetting all the organic chemistry, we just look to nature and our ancestors for which foods to avoid. Prior to the 1930's or so, we never had such a volume of "heated" and otherwise rancid oils in the diet. I think Dr. Peat woke a lot of people up to that fact. Of the pufa-derived substances my favorites include something called 13-HODE, and also the delta Iodo-lactones of the C20 and higher FA's. One thing is certain, some pufa oils (unheated, fresh) sure like to take up a lot of iodine !! 15 years ago I iodinated sesame oil and have supp'd with it from time to time. One has to be careful not to go overboard with any of these "supplement" types of things, most people tend to over-do things under the belief that if a little is good, then more is better. But how much evidence we have tons, that the opposite is oft the case. I'm a big fan of tiny amounts of things, over time. It is good advice to tell people to avoid pufa's, it wakes them up to it. But in reality it is impossible to cut pufa's out of the diet, but that doesn't matter. People will still get arachidonic acid and its cogeners from many unavoidable dietary sources, even if they try to never get any pufa's in them. But on the other hand, this doesn't mean that some or many will not develop a deficiency. Claims are made that the body makes its own pufa, as needed. This might be the case, provided the body's enzymes aren't poisoned, since if they are, then the body loses ability to make its own pufa. And we all know the diet is replete with enzyme poisons, which are cumulative. Indeed, belief is had that we lose our ability to synthesize delta-6-desaturase as we "age", but, how is this not merely an instance of enzyme poisoning ? I think to be careful and mindful of the potential of deficiency of one or more pufae, since their administration has for so very long remedied many bad situations. cheers !

Jam

Yeah, managing one's dietary oils is probably in the top 5 hardest things to do as far as healthy eating goes. First one has to learn about glyceryl esters occurence, reactions, syntheses, then one has to read a ton of biochem research, and then one has to filter out erroneous interpretations. And then of course the ultimate question: "What does this data really mean?". Things are complicated indeed ! Fortunately, nature provides us many lessons. Forgetting all the organic chemistry, we just look to nature and our ancestors for which foods to avoid. Prior to the 1930's or so, we never had such a volume of "heated" and otherwise rancid oils in the diet. I think Dr. Peat woke a lot of people up to that fact. Of the pufa-derived substances my favorites include something called 13-HODE, and also the delta Iodo-lactones of the C20 and higher FA's. One thing is certain, some pufa oils (unheated, fresh) sure like to take up a lot of iodine !! 15 years ago I iodinated sesame oil and have supp'd with it from time to time. One has to be careful not to go overboard with any of these "supplement" types of things, most people tend to over-do things under the belief that if a little is good, then more is better. But how much evidence we have tons, that the opposite is oft the case. I'm a big fan of tiny amounts of things, over time. It is good advice to tell people to avoid pufa's, it wakes them up to it. But in reality it is impossible to cut pufa's out of the diet, but that doesn't matter. People will still get arachidonic acid and its cogeners from many unavoidable dietary sources, even if they try to never get any pufa's in them. But on the other hand, this doesn't mean that some or many will not develop a deficiency. Claims are made that the body makes its own pufa, as needed. This might be the case, provided the body's enzymes aren't poisoned, since if they are, then the body loses ability to make its own pufa. And we all know the diet is replete with enzyme poisons, which are cumulative. Indeed, belief is had that we lose our ability to synthesize delta-6-desaturase as we "age", but, how is this not merely an instance of enzyme poisoning ? I think to be careful and mindful of the potential of deficiency of one or more pufae, since their administration has for so very long remedied many bad situations. cheers !
Like I said, it is actually quite simple to manage dietary oils -- avoid all seed oils, and use fruit oils (olive, coconut) instead. If by "oils" you mean "fatty acids", then it is a bit more difficult -- zero PUFA is impossible unless following an insanely restrictive diet, which is inconsistent with health in the long run -- but IMO ensuring that linoleic acid is kept below 3% of calories, balanced by α-linolenic acid from seafood, is pretty much all that is required to avoid potential issues.

OP
Ell

Ell

Like I said, it is actually quite simple to manage dietary oils -- avoid all seed oils, and use fruit oils (olive, coconut) instead. If by "oils" you mean "fatty acids", then it is a bit more difficult -- zero PUFA is impossible unless following an insanely restrictive diet, which is inconsistent with health in the long run -- but IMO ensuring that linoleic acid is kept below 3% of calories, balanced by α-linolenic acid from seafood, is pretty much all that is required to avoid potential issues.
oh, I could never do that, b/c of Genesis 1:29 and some others. I enjoy barley and wheat and nuts and a zillion other things too much, I could never avoid all seed oils !
I like poppy seeds on my rolls and sesame on my buns, just tastes sooo good !! 47 Bible verses about Seed

That was funny Ell! I never though of that!

oh, I could never do that, b/c of Genesis 1:29 and some others. I enjoy barley and wheat and nuts and a zillion other things too much, I could never avoid all seed oils !
I like poppy seeds on my rolls and sesame on my buns, just tastes sooo good !! 47 Bible verses about Seed

I have never tried Poppy seed oil. Don't poppy seeds have small amounts of opiates? If so does on feel happier after having Poppy seed oil?

OP
Ell

Ell

I have never tried Poppy seed oil. Don't poppy seeds have small amounts of opiates? If so does on feel happier after having Poppy seed oil?
haha, ja, they contain enough to set off an opoid test, but the qty. isn't enough to get a person high, otherwise the cartels would be selling poppy seed extract. hmmm, what if the cartels got into making health products ? lol, they could make a fortune selling rainforest herbal extracts ! While I'm off on a tangent, what if the cartels started peddling their own versions of T4 ("synthroid"). ? Last time I checked, T4 retails for about $15,000 per pound, and plus, its not illegal !!

PeskyPeater

Well, this is great and all, but tom me it seems to come down to the fact that Small fish with pufa have it bound to jodium. and so its pretty stable and oke to eat, making it a supplemental value to our defensive potential against pathogens.

OP
Ell

Ell

Well, this is great and all, but tom me it seems to come down to the fact that Small fish with pufa have it bound to jodium. and so its pretty stable and oke to eat, making it a supplemental value to our defensive potential against pathogens.
yeah, its a cool topic. Various viral and bacterial forms all have an outer membrane too, those membranes contain pufa's. If we set up conditions to attack the integrity of the pathogens outer membrane, then we win. Can we temporarily use the "bad oils" themselves as medicine ? So as to make the pathogens use the bad oils when they try to replicate, thereby causing deficiency in cell wall structure of the pathogens ? lol. Its like Ray Peat ju-jitsu, turn a bad thing into a good.

I know what you mean! I sent a screenshot last week to a fellow member of what the top topics were in the "unanswered" questions section that day and asked if any of them looked interesting to them. They said they didn't know why, but the list gave them a good laugh! Like you said a lot of non-Peat stuff. Shouldn't the non-peat stuff be more for Facebook or other more appropriate sites? It's like going to church and getting a sermon about home decorating. As to PUFA's in medications, we gotta remember that though there are some benefits to some oils with PUFA's, the FDA and mainstream medical system does not agree with Ray Peat's saturated fats OR sugar being good things. RP doesn't believe in cancer therapy, most of the drugs that doctors prescribe, the preventative care pap smears and mammograms, he doesn't believe in grains that doctors promote or the food pyramid the medical system and government agreed upon. Ray Peat is not popular with his peers and medical profession and certainly not the government either, but that is also what makes what he has to say so valuable. It is so irritating to have all the jewels he has given mingling with so many fakes. It is sad to watch so many people on this forum, that haven't read much of his work, take so much bad advice and think they are getting Ray Peat advice. I watched it for 4+ years before signing up to help set the the record straight. It is no wonder so many people on the Ray Peat forum take two steps forward and two steps back or just get worse!

haha, ja, they contain enough to set off an opoid test, but the qty. isn't enough to get a person high, otherwise the cartels would be selling poppy seed extract. hmmm, what if the cartels got into making health products ? lol, they could make a fortune selling rainforest herbal extracts ! While I'm off on a tangent, what if the cartels started peddling their own versions of T4 ("synthroid"). ? Last time I checked, T4 retails for about $15,000 per pound, and plus, its not illegal !!

Ha! Ha! Unfortunately most people don't put their health above pleasure so I think it would be a dead end venture.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals