• @Blossom Is A Blessing To This Community, Let Us Be A Blessing To Her
    Click Here For More Information
  • Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

Fish Oil [Experiences]

redhead19047

Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2013
Messages
6
I was wondering what benfits anyone has had from not taking fish oils. I am taking fish oils and was thinking of stopping for a while to see what happens. Right now eveyone is recommending Krill oil. I know Dr. Peat is against the fish oils and seed oils. Does that mean not eating pumpkin seeds and I guess sunflower seeds. This is really confusing as these are recommended by everyones these days.
 
J

j.

Guest
Re: Fish Oil

I saw some of the issues that I had for years disappear 3 months after stopping consumption not only of oils high in PUFA, but also of all significant sources of polyunsaturated fats.
 

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
12,370
Location
USA
Re: Fish Oil

When I was taking cod liver oil, it was some of the worst feeling times of my life.
 

PeatFeat

Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2012
Messages
59
Re: Fish Oil

I took about 900 mg of fish oil capsules a day for a few years. I stopped about 5 months ago and haven't notice any difference, which shows how overrated they are at least.
 

4peatssake

Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2013
Messages
2,055
Age
61
Re: Fish Oil

redhead19047 said:
I was wondering what benfits anyone has had from not taking fish oils. I am taking fish oils and was thinking of stopping for a while to see what happens. Right now eveyone is recommending Krill oil. I know Dr. Peat is against the fish oils and seed oils. Does that mean not eating pumpkin seeds and I guess sunflower seeds. This is really confusing as these are recommended by everyones these days.

It's all explained in this article.

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/unsaturated-oils.shtml

I was going to quote a few things but would have ended up cutting and pasting the entire article.

In my opinion this is MUST reading.

BTW, I don't listen to "everyone." That idea scares the crap out of me.

We can help each other yes, but ultimate we all must do our own due diligence and determine what works best for our individual situation. This is why context is so important to Ray Peat. None of us is the same so the concept of something working for everyone is flawed from the start.

And when you start with an error, everything that flows from it is flawed because it is contaminated by a false premise. Our entire society has been created like this and the so-called "mainstream" is constructed upon countless error and lies.
 

gretchen

Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2012
Messages
816
Re: Fish Oil

Charlie said:
When I was taking cod liver oil, it was some of the worst feeling times of my life.

I got insomnia from just a few tablespoons of CLO.
 

pboy

Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2013
Messages
1,681
Re: Fish Oil

PeatFeat said:
I took about 900 mg of fish oil capsules a day for a few years. I stopped about 5 months ago and haven't notice any difference, which shows how overrated they are at least.


I never really liked fish growing up, but ate it a few years ago because it was supposedly healthy, noticed nothing, stopped eating it...also noticed nothing. basically I agree, its relatively inert but fish smells nasty and is overpriced so that's enough for me not to eat it
 

Similar threads

Top