Health Natura Threat Of Legal Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drareg

The thread on health natura selling fish oils has been closed for comments so I can't respond to his threat of legal action.

@tara I appreciate your courtesy checklist but the part about questioning someone's intentions is ambiguous,all of us do this regularly even Charlie in the political discussions etc ,humour is also present on a forum like this and it can also be ambiguous at times.
The public have a right to question businesses that supply to the public,I was highlighting where this company is not neutral, this company has an articles and info section offering health advice,see his iodine therapy protocol and then see "Krill oil, 60 caps 500mg per cap. My recommended Omega 3 supplement for iodine therapy . Krill oil is our most popular “fish” oil".

@healthnatura ,in your first paragraph of your last response you create a strawman and it's a passive aggressive ad hominem imo.

Your final paragraph.
"You clearly are not here to engage in healthy conversation, but rather are intent on attacking a well meaning company trying to help an underserved community. Health Natura has participated and promoted its products, in a spirit of goodwill, and service to this community. We have conducted our activities here on this forum within the guidelines provided at the time of invitation, and remain here at the goodwill of the Admin. You have stated your position, and so have I, and it is time to stop. I formally request that you stop this line of writing here and on other threads. The direction of your posts is moving towards slander, and further attacks and questioning of my, and Health Natura's, character and trustworthiness will not be tolerated. At this juncture, I will not report you, or this thread, to the Admin. Nor will I make any requests to have you removed, or this thread deleted. People are free to read this and make their own decisions. However, should you persist, you will leave me no choice but to take further action which may include the later as well as legal action Drareg, consider this a formal cease and desist notice."

Stating your position is one thing, your actions are another,explain why you recommend krill oil for An iodine therapy when you claim you are neutral?
You are running a business that supplies to the public,by default you are open to criticism,you don't get to stifle what you choose.

You said in an earlier post its ok for people have differing views yet now you want to use authority to stifle mine in a public forum.

Please put together your cease and desist notice point for point of the "purported illegal activity" you feel is present,specify clearly the conduct with quotes you want to stop and I will put together a step by step of your quotes outlining your position with obvious contradictions. Keep in mind the crucial point here,you are on a forum designed to discuss topics within a Ray Peat styled paradigm and your using his name on your website to sell products,ambiguous possibly but leaning in a certain direction.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

"6) While I don't publicly advertise my opinions on fish oils there is a reason they are not a core product in the company. ;)"

"Krill oil, 60 caps 500mg per cap. My recommended Omega 3 supplement for iodine therapy. Krill oil is our most popular “fish” oil."

"Salmon Plus fish oil 500mg 60 softgels has a balanced EPA & DHA fatty acid (50mg each per cap) and is a natural source of vitamin D3. Salmon Plus is an economical option for those wishing to combine fish oil with krill oil in their wellness program."

Tarmander

Something to add that doesn't necessarily change your point, but may have some indirect influence. This ayn rand quote:

"
Since there is no such entity as 'the public,' since the public is merely a number of individuals, any claimed or implied conflict of 'the public interest' with private intersts means that the interests of some men are to be sacrificed to the interest and wishes of others.
"

It is helpful to understand that the public is just a group of individuals, making their own decisions for their best interests.

Ahanu

However, should you persist, you will leave me no choice but to take further action which may include the later as well as legal action Drareg,
Time for a moderator, I would say..

OP
Drareg

Drareg

Something to add that doesn't necessarily change your point, but may have some indirect influence. This ayn rand quote:

"
Since there is no such entity as 'the public,' since the public is merely a number of individuals, any claimed or implied conflict of 'the public interest' with private intersts means that the interests of some men are to be sacrificed to the interest and wishes of others.
"

It is helpful to understand that the public is just a group of individuals, making their own decisions for their best interests.

Coherent biology will help coherent perceptions,their best interests are then influenced accordingly,but are they their best interests when metabolic energy is lowered,depends on context,do you need to hibernate etc.
The value of empathy is potentially perceived with coherent perceptions/biology allowing them to understand individuals original meaning of indivisible/can't be divided ,one unit working together coherently within their environment creatively.

Tarmander

Coherent biology will help coherent perceptions,their best interests are then influenced accordingly,but are they their best interests when metabolic energy is lowered,depends on context,do you need to hibernate etc.
The value of empathy is potentially perceived with coherent perceptions/biology allowing them to understand individuals original meaning of indivisible/can't be divided ,one unit working together coherently within their environment creatively.

I'm not really sure what this means. I think ayn rand was coming from a morality stance, not a biological one.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

I'm not really sure what this means. I think ayn rand was coming from a morality stance, not a biological one.
Possibly the same thing,underlying drives,biology driving the perceptions influencing your stance on morals perhaps.

XPlus

"
"

Interesting - but I still don't get your point.

Tarmander

Possibly the same thing,underlying drives,biology driving the perceptions influencing your stance on morals perhaps.
Definitely related, but not the same thing. You don't want to cut off people in poor health from making ethical/moral decisions

Tarmander

Interesting - but I still don't get your point.

The point is that in his original post he mentions the "public" often. Doesn't it give the post a certain feel? A certain moral superiority? What if instead of "the public" he had just said "me"? Would it change how it reads and the feeling coming across? Not really concrete answers from me, just things to think about.

PhilParma

Is everyone having a nice Friday? For some reason, the grass in my neighborhood is extra green this afternoon. :)

OP
Drareg

Drareg

The point is that in his original post he mentions the "public" often. Doesn't it give the post a certain feel? A certain moral superiority? What if instead of "the public" he had just said "me"? Would it change how it reads and the feeling coming across? Not really concrete answers from me, just things to think about.

What if I used the term populous instead?

I don't think it's morally superior to encourage people to look at the research on excess pufa in the system,parents are giving this stuff to their kids in foods and fish oil supplements. It can just as easily be construed as empathy,is empathy moral superiority at work or were morals meant to come from empathy and have been bastardised?

Tarmander

What if I used the term populous instead?

I don't think it's morally superior to encourage people to look at the research on excess pufa in the system,parents are giving this stuff to their kids in foods and fish oil supplements. It can just as easily be construed as empathy,is empathy moral superiority at work or were morals meant to come from empathy and have been bastardised?

Populous or public, pretty much the same meaning, and it includes me. If you had said "Tarmander" instead of public, the whole post would be rediculous. By using "public," you allude to an amorphous, unknown body of people that somehow you are speaking for. I am included in this group mysteriously and I do not wish to be. While I think fish oil is a poison, I do not mind that H.N. sells it.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

Public includes me not just you,it's a general term.
Your posts look like a ridiculous attempt to stop me from talking about it.

Tarmander

Public includes me not just you,it's a general term.
Your posts look like a ridiculous attempt to stop me from talking about it.

You can call it rediculous if you like. I actually think you have an interesting topic here. I would be interested to hear how HN would serve you a cease and desist. My qualm is you including me in your argument as one of the "public." Talk all you want, just don't talk for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.