Is There A Relationship Between CO2 And Estrogen?

As it says on the tin.

Is there a relationship between low body CO2 and estrogen dominance, and vice versa?

It seems like they're correlated but I haven't seen anything comprehensive linking them both.

Thank you, Johnson

Serotoninja

Estrogen is anti-thyroid and thyroid regulates CO2 production (hypothyroid people have low CO2)

dookie

@Johnson Bagfoot
@Serotoninja

I think the interesting question would be: does direct "CO2 supplementation", like breathing a higher % of CO2 in the air, or going to the mountains, does it directly lower estrogen? Any studies that show this to happen?

OP
J
@Johnson Bagfoot
@Serotoninja

I think the interesting question would be: does direct "CO2 supplementation", like breathing a higher % of CO2 in the air, or going to the mountains, does it directly lower estrogen? Any studies that show this to happen?

That was my interest too;

Does CO2 rebreathing (or buteyko breathing, etc) reduce estrogen short term or long term?

Likewise, will estrogen reduction tend to automatically increase measurements of body CO2 e.g. Buteykos control pause

mayku-T-meelo

"In good health, an animal's systems are designed so that certain tissues will be intensely but briefly stimulated by estrogen. This stimulation by estrogen doesn't produce the normal amount of carbon dioxide, so the tissue experiences oxygen deprivation, leading to swelling and cell division. (Along with the reduced carbon dioxide production, there is increased lipid peroxidation). Any similar stimulaton, whether it's produced by soot, or suffocation, or irradiation, will produce the broad range of estrogen's effects, beginning with inflammation but ending with atrophy or cancer if it is too prolonged."

Khaled MK

In the bigger picture yes they are antagonistic to each other. Co2 ultimately increases tissue oxygenation and estrogen lowers it. But the same can be said for many other substances like serotonin, vitamin d, thyroid, etc. They either support the burning of fuel or block it for different reasons.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals