CO2, Sleep Apnea, Diamox, Stress Hormones And Estrogen

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yeah, even if there were actually some improvements in the availability and affordability of health care for everyone equally (nice dream) there is still a huge glaring problem IMO and experience that 'medicine' generally is still sorely lacking in, as one who studies Peat's work might say, a coherent view of the organism. Our current medical system is not working because of this so even if everyone has equal access to 'medical' care it is still based on predominantly flawed ideas such as serotonin, CO2, shock..... the list goes on and on. Thanks for you detailed explanation on the political aspects mas, that is an area I admittedly should learn more about.

DaveFoster

So, it seems that sufficient CO2 intake via breathing accomplishes a large portion of the positive effects from Peat's supplements.

I'm finding it difficult to tolerate 20 minutes of the BreathSlim device four times per day. Even three times per day, and I'm sitting here with nausea, sweating, and unable to eat my baking soda/OJ/milk/coconut oil mixture.

I'm concerned about pushing CO2 too high with these methods, as well as Peat's recommended supplements (such as aspirin, for example).

Does anyone have any experience with an acclimation period for CO2? How long does this last, or is it permanent?

SAFarmer

So, it seems that sufficient CO2 intake via breathing accomplishes a large portion of the positive effects from Peat's supplements.

Actually, it is producing sufficient CO2 metabolically from your own cell's mitichondria that should be the aim. Supplements, like thyroid, salt, sugar, diamox, baking soda, etc all can help get your body to get back to producing enough CO2 on it's own again.

m_arch

I'm finding it difficult to tolerate 20 minutes of the BreathSlim device four times per day. Even three times per day, and I'm sitting here with nausea, sweating, and unable to eat my baking soda/OJ/milk/coconut oil mixture.

I'm concerned about pushing CO2 too high with these methods, as well as Peat's recommended supplements (such as aspirin, for example).

Does anyone have any experience with an acclimation period for CO2? How long does this last, or is it permanent?
I find it really hard too, so I'm doing recovery breathing instead. High metabolism means increased respiratory rate and therefore it's harder to retain co2 because so much is being generated.

I do know people who have etco2 sky high and a 60 second cp. So it's possible! Train insayin!

m_arch

Actually, it is producing sufficient CO2 metabolically from your own cell's mitichondria that should be the aim. Supplements, like thyroid, salt, sugar, diamox, baking soda, etc all can help get your body to get back to producing enough CO2 on it's own again.
It makes sense to me to both produce and retain?

m_arch

Sure, but if you produce more, you'll retain more too.
I'm producing a lot since my ETCO2 is 6% kPa and my morning temps are 37c, however my control pause is a dismal 10 seconds.
I imagine if I could have an ETCO2 remain at 6% whilst at the same time manage to get my control pause up, i'd have a lot more circulating co2.

lindsay

The best way I was able to get myself nose breathing again, and the manner which I keep my nose breathing optimal, is oil pulling with CO in the morning when I wake up. For 20 minutes, swish this stuff through your mouth. It's a great way to pull mucus from the nose, get rid of bacteria in the mouth and if you aren't breathing through your nose optimally, you quickly learn ;)

Also, I've taught myself how to ride my bike while nose-breathing. I don't ride a fancy road bike, it's like a 60 year old cruiser with only three gears. It's greatly improved my leg strength and enjoyment of exercise while maintaining nose breathing. Anything you can do daily to just keep your breath through your nose is good, IMO. And of course, thyroid, etc. I used to have asthma and learning to control breathing was a huge step for me. Occasionally I let myself get worked up about stupid stuff and then my asthma comes back, but now I know how to control it with nose breathing.

P.S. I don't know how safe it is, but whenever our soda stream Co2 canister runs low, we take it out and breathe in the remaining Co2. Man does it feel good :) I kind of want to buy one for myself to use when I need it, LOL.

SAFarmer

P.S. I don't know how safe it is, but whenever our soda stream Co2 canister runs low, we take it out and breathe in the remaining Co2. Man does it feel good :) I kind of want to buy one for myself to use when I need it, LOL.

I like the smell and taste of CO2 too. Why don't you just keep yeast cells alive in a bottle with sugar added regularly ? CO2 on tap ! :D

lindsay

I like the smell and taste of CO2 too. Why don't you just keep yeast cells alive in a bottle with sugar added regularly ? CO2 on tap !

Hmmm. You mean I could just breathe in the air from my Kombucha brewing each week? :) I rarely even drink the stuff, but if I could breathe in it's goodness, that would be something - LOL. I have a whole jar of Scoby that I actually don't know what to do with. Maybe I will just let that sit and open it up from time to time :)

m_arch

How do you let it out of the cannister to breathe?

I wouldn't do the baking soda @DaveFoster . That's way too much. If it's too hard, cut back to 15 minutes. Go shorter on the exhales. Be easy and comfortable. If you do the breathing excercise, afterwards your HR should be LOWER than before, and your CP HIGHER. Is this happening?

DaveFoster

I wouldn't do the baking soda @DaveFoster . That's way too much. If it's too hard, cut back to 15 minutes. Go shorter on the exhales. Be easy and comfortable. If you do the breathing excercise, afterwards your HR should be LOWER than before, and your CP HIGHER. Is this happening?
It's much better now that I only eat when I'm hungry. I was previously eating as much as possible until full, but now I only eat if I get a feeling of hunger, and I feel much better with the breathing exercises.

lindsay

How do you let it out of the cannister to breathe?

There is a little thing on top of the canister that you push down on and it comes streaming out. Feels very relaxing :) I think I need to buy one to use on my own, and since it's food grade, it's safe. I tried letting it out into a paper bag to rebreathe, but that proved tricky.

m_arch

There is a little thing on top of the canister that you push down on and it comes streaming out. Feels very relaxing :) I think I need to buy one to use on my own, and since it's food grade, it's safe. I tried letting it out into a paper bag to rebreathe, but that proved tricky.
Ah cool. There has been talk on here about people putting masks to it and valves so they can fiddle with the % of co2 they breathe out of a tank, but I haven't gone that far yet.

Ray himself has mentioned putting co2 into a bath (its heavier than air so it stays in) for absorption through the skin

heartnhands

Ah cool. There has been talk on here about people putting masks to it and valves so they can fiddle with the % of co2 they breathe out of a tank, but I haven't gone that far yet.

Ray himself has mentioned putting co2 into a bath (its heavier than air so it stays in) for absorption through the skin
Didn't RP talk about having a C02 consternation that he could use to fill a giant bag that he sat in and watched TV or whatever? That seems like an interesting idea and possibly one could nap in such a bag with face and head outside.

On another tact, what's wrong with making baking soda capsules to take a fee times a dsy?

tara

It is heavier than air, but I would expect this to be hazardous - if it gets stirred up some is likely to drift up and one could accidentally breathe too much. If one lost consciousness and submerged, that could be an untimely end to ones troubles.

Didn't RP talk about having a C02 consternation that he could use to fill a giant bag that he sat in and watched TV or whatever? That seems like an interesting idea and possibly one could nap in such a bag with face and head outside.
Yes, dry CO2 bath with the CO2 contained in a bag has been used by Peat and at least a couple of us here. Former poster peatarian mentions it, and here's a possible procedure: Towards Ending Migraines

ken

Somebody on the internet was trying to sell a plexiglass recliner. Well it sort of looked like a shoe, with a motorized top, sound system, led lights and co2 monitor to keep you from getting suffocated. Something for your spa. From the info it looked like they were asking for investors, but they had a video of a model using the remote to open the top and get in for her co2 bath. If I can find it I'll post it.

ken

maxresdefault.jpg