DNA Methylation, Aging, And Cancer

Mito

"...The main mechanisms of epigenetic effects or “imprinting” are now known to involve methylation and acetylation of the chromosomes (DNA and histones)."
"...Restriction of methyl donors causes demethylation of DNA".

So, demethylation is desirable because it resets the "epigenetic clock" as mainstream science likes to refer to the process. Another potent method is to increase levels of CO2 or take niacinamide.
It seems Vitamin C can help with this.

Abstract
Emerging evidence suggests that ascorbate, the dominant form of vitamin C under physiological pH conditions, influences the genome activity via regulating epigenomic processes. Ascorbate serves as a cofactor for ten-eleven translocation (TET) dioxygenases that catalyze the oxidation of 5-methylcytosine (5mC) into 5-hydroxymethylcytosine (5hmC), further to 5-formylcytosine (5fC) and 5-carboxylcytosine (5caC), which are ultimately replaced by unmodified cytosine. The JmjC domain-containing histone demethylases also require ascorbate as a cofactor for histone demethylation. Thus, by primarily participating in the demethylation of both DNA and histones, ascorbate appears to be a mediator of the interface between the genome and environment. Furthermore, redox status has a profound impact on the bioavailability of ascorbate in the nucleus. In order to bridge the gap between redox biology and genomics, we suggest an interdisciplinary research field that can be termed “Redox Genomics” to study dynamic redox processes in health and diseases. This review examines the evidence and potential molecular mechanism of ascorbate in demethylation of the genome, while highlighting potential epigenetic roles of ascorbate in various diseases.

Regulation of the Epigenome by Vitamin C

Last edited:

Soika

I ve got overmethylation and i prefer niacin to niacinomid too. Instant effect of niacin. I cant take some sera supplements.. I have not adecvate level zinc/cuprum,i have LOW gistamine LEVEL. Low folat and high b12. D R Walsh recommends to take folat, zinc to normalize it. B3. If somebody has undermethylation, he would feel himself bad from all forms of folinic asid including folat. The gomocistein level is not enough to determine are you under or over methylator, as and genetic mthfr test. I cant explain why r peat doesnt explain this differences..what it means. And cannot understand his opinion of iodine. Iodine is aromathaza ingibitor and with pufa make iodolactons, that is very good but r peat think that it is very bad. Iodine also can decrease your endothoxine. What else?

Texon

It seems Vitamin C can help with this.

Abstract
Emerging evidence suggests that ascorbate, the dominant form of vitamin C under physiological pH conditions, influences the genome activity via regulating epigenomic processes. Ascorbate serves as a cofactor for ten-eleven translocation (TET) dioxygenases that catalyze the oxidation of 5-methylcytosine (5mC) into 5-hydroxymethylcytosine (5hmC), further to 5-formylcytosine (5fC) and 5-carboxylcytosine (5caC), which are ultimately replaced by unmodified cytosine. The JmjC domain-containing histone demethylases also require ascorbate as a cofactor for histone demethylation. Thus, by primarily participating in the demethylation of both DNA and histones, ascorbate appears to be a mediator of the interface between the genome and environment. Furthermore, redox status has a profound impact on the bioavailability of ascorbate in the nucleus. In order to bridge the gap between redox biology and genomics, we suggest an interdisciplinary research field that can be termed “Redox Genomics” to study dynamic redox processes in health and diseases. This review examines the evidence and potential molecular mechanism of ascorbate in demethylation of the genome, while highlighting potential epigenetic roles of ascorbate in various diseases.

Regulation of the Epigenome by Vitamin C
OTOH someone with impaired methylation/high homocysteine will eventually feel really bad on any form of niacin if not taking some methyl donors along with it. And, homocysteine will increase very reliably.

Dave Clark

Lidocaine Demethylates DNA

"Btw, all the "-caines" have such beneficial effects and this is probably one of the reasons Peat speaks highly of them. They also inhibit histamine release unlike their opioid counterparts.
I think the most beneficial one is procaine." -haidut

Dr Ana Aslan's Original GH3 Gerovital H-3 procaine hcl oral liquid procaine supplements. Capsule procaine hcl $14.97 two or more I've ordered this but haven't tried it yet. caveat emptor.
Interesting to me that Peat said good things about procaine, since in the body it produces diethylaminoethynaal {DEAE}, which is known to increase acetylcholine in the body. Maybe, according to this article, because it inactivates AC receptors, along with DNA demethylating.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals