Is It Bad To Freeze Meat?

paymanz

in dr peat article 'Meat physiology, stress, and degenerative physiology' he says cold storage of meat causes them to have high polyamines.so my question is that is freezing as much bad?or it is safe?!

tara

I'd assumed that storing meat frozen would significantly slow down whatever breakdown to polyamines would happen at warmer temperatures, including prolonged cool storage. But if I've got this wrong, I guess I'd like to know (inconvenient as it would be). I often buy fresh meat and store in freezer for when I need it.

bobbybobbob

If you throw steaks or whatever in your freezer the taste and consistency get quite ruined. Meat and fish must be flash frozen with special equipment. It's sold in plastic shrink wrap.

jyb

If you throw steaks or whatever in your freezer the taste and consistency get quite ruined. Meat and fish must be flash frozen with special equipment. It's sold in plastic shrink wrap.

For steaks, ok. But for beef stews, all those cheap and nutritious gelatinous beef cuts can be frozen without problem.

in dr peat article 'Meat physiology, stress, and degenerative physiology' he says cold storage of meat causes them to have high polyamines.so my question is that is freezing as much bad?or it is safe?!

Meat doesn't rot in the freezer.

tara

Meat doesn't rot in the freezer.
Yeah.
I think it's the length of unfrozen storage time that's the main problem.
Eventually some of the fats can degrade while frozen, but that takes a while. I don't know if it makes them more problematic, but it can alter the flavour.

Syncopated

No, meat frozen at - 20F for 24 hours effectively kills all parasites and bacteria. I shake my head at the propaganda stating to thaw meat in the fridge. Bacteria don't revive, they are dead.

Ukall

No, meat frozen at - 20F for 24 hours effectively kills all parasites and bacteria. I shake my head at the propaganda stating to thaw meat in the fridge. Bacteria don't revive, they are dead.
They don't revive, but the ones that survive or new bacteria multiply very fast.

x-ray peat

They don't survive.
you may wish to check your research. I just did. Most bacteria and parasites die but not all. and certainly not all if you only freeze it for 24 hrs. So yes you should defrost your meat in the fridge.

Ukall

you may wish to check your research. I just did. Most bacteria and parasites die but not all. and certainly not all if you only freeze it for 24 hrs. So yes you should defrost your meat in the fridge.
I think that is what it happens. Otherwise animal products wouldn't rot that fast even in a vacuum bag.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals